Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 16:48   #451
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Talked to the Skoda Sales Manager Southern Region, a very kind gentleman by the name of Mr. Sesathri, who is located in Bangalore, regarding the TVM dealer issue.

He says that discussions are ongoing, and the outcome is uncertain.

I was advised to shift dealers since it would be in my best interest, failing a firm commitment from the TVM dealer.

But the issue of service still arises even if I do cancel here and purchase from the other Cochin dealer, since I cannot guarantee either the goodwill or survival of the sole dealer in TVM.
Old 17th February 2012, 16:57   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
1. Check for feedback on VW and Skoda A$$ in ur city. If Skoda is decent enough, I would go ahead with the Rapid.

2. If any doubt on Skoda, and VW is ok, I'd pay the 15k upfront and take the Vento (assuming the car pdi is done thoroughly)

3. If neither's feedback is good enough, then VW or Skoda - devil or the deep sea I'd probably go with VW.

Overall, 15k is a small amount when you consider the total amount you are paying. So don't really take too much time on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If you are not much for the VW brand related premiumness, and if the added features like reverse parking sensors, steering mount controls are not so important for you, I would recommend to go with the 2012 batch of Rapid.
Thanks for the advice.
Why Vento?
1. Brey interiors are much better than brown of Rapid (Big Positive)
2. Steering mounted controls
3. USB slot in ICE

Why Rapid?
1. Better NVH (Big Positive)
2. Better suspensions and ride quality
3. 2012 model

Is there anything else which could tilt the scale towards Vento? I didn't know parking sensors are standard in Vento, so that reduces the difference between the two to Rs 10,000 which is insignificant as compared to the cost of the car.

The only other issue is that I am a newbie so my best attempt at PDI would be to take print outs of T-BHP checklist and try to follow that. However, I fear that I may be taken for a ride. Is there something specific that I should look out for PDI?
Old 17th February 2012, 22:09   #453
BHPian

Well, the wife and I had a long talk, and a very positive (in terms of executive interaction) visit to EVM VW TVM, which is just next to Skoda.

As a result, and considering the concerns I mentioned in my last post, we have changed our plans drastically.

We have cancelled our booking for the Rapid, even though it really talks to my heart.

In its place, we have booked a Shadow Blue Vento TDI Highline.

I will keep y'all informed of the course of further events.

Wish us luck.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 23:09   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp
Well, the wife and I had a long talk, and a very positive (in terms of executive interaction) visit to EVM VW TVM, which is just next to Skoda.
========

Wish us luck.
Well all the best with the Vento. I also cancelled my deal with Marikar. Still didn't want to let go of the Rapid so booked with the other dealer in Cochin. They seemed rather positive. Hope my decision is wise.
Old 18th February 2012, 07:20   #455
BHPian

Yes, I read in yesterday's paper that St Antony's have been appointed as the new Skoda dealer. Hope things change for the good. They were the dealers of Deawoo earlier.
Old 18th February 2012, 20:23   #456
Senior - BHPian

There isnt a very big difference between vento and rapid on the first 2 parameters you have mentioned here. NVH levels are almost the same and the suspension of vento is a little soft which will make ride quality of better, whereas rapid will handle better than the vento due to stiffer setup.

Refer the following comparision post from our fellow bhpian who owns a rapid

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2675835

There isnt much to choose between both the cars, really. Test drive both of them and go for the one which appeals to you more. Either ways, you wouldnt regret your decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Why Rapid?
1. Better NVH (Big Positive)
2. Better suspensions and ride quality
3. 2012 model
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 16:54   #457
BHPian

Hey guys,

Have finally taken delivery of my Capp. Beige Rapid, exactly 1 month after booking it

I find the car very easy to drive in the city.

All I want to know is how much does it cost for a special no? I want the number 5800 to match my Laura and the dealer has informed me that right now 3k series is running in the RTO and it would take another 3 days for the 5k series to start running. Apparently they can book the number only 1k series at a time.

Now what I want to know is they are asking me a minimum Rs.9000 for this number, but I feel it is too much as it is not a special number. Do you guys think this is reasonable? Kindly advise.
Old 21st February 2012, 23:38   #458
BHPian

I've got sick of the attitude of Skoda to Kerala. Booked a Rapid November and still haven't got the car. I've let go of Rapid and am thinking booking a Nissan Sunny Diesel. What say you ?
Old 22nd February 2012, 01:34   #459
BHPian

I just went and visited my Vento HL TDI at the dealer's yard here in TVM. First visit pic posted in the Vento review thread.

Booked on 17th Feb, and likely will take delivery on 24th Feb.

See if you can go that way.

This was the exact reason I left the Rapid. Loved the car, hated the uncertainty regarding dealer and service availability in TVM. Can hardly run to Cochin every time I need service. What happens if the car breaks down and there is no service center in my area of operations, which is primarily TVM?

Last edited by pillainp : 22nd February 2012 at 01:36.
Old 22nd February 2012, 08:03   #460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsmoke View Post
I've got sick of the attitude of Skoda to Kerala. Booked a Rapid November and still haven't got the car. I've let go of Rapid and am thinking booking a Nissan Sunny Diesel. What say you ?
If you are interested in the Rapid, contact Vision Motors Thrissur. They are new, and are quite eager to do business. There was another BHPian from Cochin who bought a Yeti from the Thrissur dealer (can’t remember the handle name).
Old 22nd February 2012, 11:21   #461
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Personally I prefer the Rapid to the Vento in terms of what it offers at the price and the overall quality etc.
However your points about dealership unavailability and after sales service unavailability in TVM are perfectly valid.
Sad.
Despite Skoda having been around here 10 years, I m surprised that they havent thought it important enough to look after the Kerala market which is predominantly a diesel market! The guys sitting in these big companies board rooms are slightly off their heads I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

As a result, and considering the concerns I mentioned in my last post, we have changed our plans drastically.

We have cancelled our booking for the Rapid, even though it really talks to my heart.

In its place, we have booked a Shadow Blue Vento TDI Highline.

Wish us luck.
Old 22nd February 2012, 16:31   #462
BHPian

The Rapid is definitely more VFM than the Vento, especially now that the HL TDI runs at 11.5 OTR in TVM.

The dealer and delay are the only problems.
Old 22nd February 2012, 18:55   #463
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Despite Skoda having been around here 10 years, I m surprised that they havent thought it important enough to look after the Kerala market which is predominantly a diesel market! The guys sitting in these big companies board rooms are slightly off their heads I think!
I think they are in the process of revamping the dealerships in Kerala. It looks like there is some ambiguity with the old set of dealers in Cochin and TVM, or probably Skoda is looking for new avenues in TVM (Cochin already have a 2nd dealer I guess).
Old 24th February 2012, 17:39   #464
BHPian

Dear Prospective Buyers

Skoda Rapid is a brilliant car but please keep in mind that Skoda's A.S.S is still unreliable and I had to find it so early. Maybe its only the case with Gurudev Motors, Chennai but even after dealing directly with Skoda India, I have had no luck. More details of my experience can be found here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...xperience.html

Last edited by ajitmoses : 24th February 2012 at 17:44.
Old 24th February 2012, 18:04   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses
Dear Prospective Buyers

Skoda Rapid is a brilliant car but please keep in mind that Skoda's A.S.S is still unreliable and I had to find it so early. Maybe its only the case with Gurudev Motors, Chennai but even after dealing directly with Skoda India, I have had no luck. More details of my experience can be found here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...xperience.html
I've already quit the idea of buying the Rapid. It's such a pain transacting with the dealers and it's not worth the effort. I've shifted to the diesel Sunny settling for lesser power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks