Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 19:58   #406
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Which model you have booked and is this price is on road Gurgoan ?
What are the taxes in Gurgoan these days, as I am also planning to change one of my car ?
The model is 1.6 Tdi Elegance.

Expected breakup is as follows:
Ex Showroom 9,19,000
Service Charge 5,106
Registration 38,170
Corporate Discount -15,000
Total Rs 947,276

Estimated spend on insurance Rs 30,000
Onroad price ~ Rs 980,000
jods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 21:52   #407
BHPian

Has Skoda managed to deliver a Rapid to anyone in Kerala through their dealers in the State. I haven't seen a single Rapid in Cochin. Wonder what is happening.
Old 12th February 2012, 00:54   #408
BHPian

The TVM Marikkar dealership received just the one for-delivery white Elegance petrol AT which they had on demo for a couple of days. This was about a month ago.

As far as I can see (and I checked this evening after my earlier post about the TDI Elegance I saw on the road), there is not one single Rapid in any trim on lot or in showroom.

I believe they have not even received their TD vehicles yet.
Old 12th February 2012, 07:34   #409
BHPian

Why do you think Kerala is so badly discriminated against ? Is it it the fault of the dealers? Or is the production of the Rapid going slow?
thelastsmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 19:50   #410
BHPian

Got my Skoda Rapid Ambition model on Saturday. Thanks to Team-BHP for all the useful information about buying a new car & other fellow BHPians in terms of upgrade options/accessories. Have attached a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-crpskodarapid.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-crpskodarapidalloy.jpg  

Old 12th February 2012, 20:04   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

The Rapid TVC -

Old 12th February 2012, 20:27   #412
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpripr View Post
Got my Skoda Rapid Ambition model on Saturday. Thanks to Team-BHP for all the useful information about buying a new car & other fellow BHPians in terms of upgrade options/accessories. Have attached a couple of pictures.
Congrats!

What's the tyre size?
Old 12th February 2012, 23:12   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Hearty Congratulations on your new car!!What upgrades have you done??Do post some pictures of the interiors!!
Old 13th February 2012, 07:57   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Congrats!

What's the tyre size?
Have upgraded to Bridgestone MY01 195/60/R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Hearty Congratulations on your new car!!What upgrades have you done??Do post some pictures of the interiors!!
Upgraded the stock tyres to Bridgestone MY01 195/60/R15.
Got AVA Alloys HS-138
Kenwood U5210 + JBL speakers
3M CR-70 film for windshield
3M RE-35 for side & back windows

Will be going for seat covers shortly - most likely art leather ones. Any suggestions?

Will post some more pictures shortly, need to have the car cleaned before that :-)

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th February 2012 at 09:28. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option if posting within 30mins.
rpripr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 11:43   #415
Senior - BHPian

Booked---Rapid Ambition 1.6TDI with Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore. OTR in bangalore is 10.24lakhs, got 15k corporate discount on this and pushing for Rs.2800 worth accessories for free {mats etc}. Insurance is really expensive at 33k, fellow bhpian Nishant.hegde had got it done on his own, but I'm not sure about it as skoda offers something called drive assure with the insurance and they are not comfortable offering this drive assure package if you do the insurance on your own. They claim the drive assure covers even the smallest of dents etc and it more or less assures of 100% coverage. I'm not sure what to do now. Bhpians, your suggestions please!
Also I plan to fit a audio system {2 din} Can any one suggest one of these which can also be used as a reverse parking camera?
Old 13th February 2012, 12:06   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Booked---Rapid Ambition 1.6TDI with Vinayak Skoda, Bangalore. OTR in bangalore is 10.24lakhs, got 15k corporate discount on this and pushing for Rs.2800 worth accessories for free {mats etc}. Insurance is really expensive at 33k, fellow bhpian Nishant.hegde had got it done on his own, but I'm not sure about it as skoda offers something called drive assure with the insurance and they are not comfortable offering this drive assure package if you do the insurance on your own. They claim the drive assure covers even the smallest of dents etc and it more or less assures of 100% coverage. I'm not sure what to do now. Bhpians, your suggestions please!
Also I plan to fit a audio system {2 din} Can any one suggest one of these which can also be used as a reverse parking camera?
I had booked with Tafe Access, OTR was Rs 10.14 lakhs, got 15k corporate discount. They also gave mats as freebies (mentioned the value as Rs 1500). Could not go for self insurance as they kept harping on the point that 1st year have to go with them to get some additional benefits for lifetime of vehicle. They also mentioned that to opt for extended warranty, this is a must. Finally gave up and went for their insurance.
Old 13th February 2012, 13:57   #417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had booked with Tafe Access, OTR was Rs 10.14 lakhs, got 15k corporate discount. They also gave mats as freebies (mentioned the value as Rs 1500). Could not go for self insurance as they kept harping on the point that 1st year have to go with them to get some additional benefits for lifetime of vehicle. They also mentioned that to opt for extended warranty, this is a must. Finally gave up and went for their insurance.
Hey rpripr, even I checked with Tafe access, they quoted 10.24 lakhs. This includes some thing call drive assure which is about 8k. Did you get this too?

Can some one please help to explain as to what this "drive assure" is about? It looks like this too, like insurance, has to be renewed every year.
Old 13th February 2012, 13:58   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
The TVM Marikkar dealership received just the one for-delivery white Elegance petrol AT which they had on demo for a couple of days. This was about a month ago.

As far as I can see (and I checked this evening after my earlier post about the TDI Elegance I saw on the road), there is not one single Rapid in any trim on lot or in showroom.

I believe they have not even received their TD vehicles yet.
a friend was looking to get another sedan and I suggested this (along with Veno and Verna diesels) . Seem Marikar dont have a test drive car even at Cochin!
Old 13th February 2012, 14:05   #419
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
a friend was looking to get another sedan and I suggested this (along with Veno and Verna diesels) . Seem Marikar dont have a test drive car even at Cochin!
I guess they are still figuring out if they need 2 dealerships in Cochin
I know that Thrissur dealer have stock available. Even the test car which was doing rounds in the TV reviews (e.g.; Asianet) was from Vision Motors Thrissur.

Let me know if you need the contact details.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:48   #420
BHPian

Ok. Would like to contact details of the Thrissur dealer. Wonder what they will do with the booking money I paid to Marikar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks