Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 19:17   #421
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastsmoke View Post
Ok. Would like to contact details of the Thrissur dealer. Wonder what they will do with the booking money I paid to Marikar.
Since you're still on newbie status, I will not be able to send you a PM. Please drop a note to "salestsr @ visionmotors .in".
With the booking amount, you can always do cancellation right?

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th February 2012 at 19:20. Reason: email address edited with spaces
Old 13th February 2012, 19:26   #422
Senior - BHPian

This "drive assure" in other words called as "zero depreciation" insurance covers everything from bumper to bumper. All plastic parts, alloy wheels, etc which are otherwise not/partially covered under regular insurance will be covered with this package which can be bought with an additional 8k over the regular premium. You will only have to pay the minimum charges (around 1k) for processing the claim and all other expenses for accidental damage will be covered by insurance.

This plan is nothing specific to skoda, almost every insurance service provider has this and you can opt for this even if you are buying your own insurance from outside. There are threads explaining the benefits, do go through them. Its purely your personal decision if you need this additional cover or not, I for one didnt bother about it. If opted for, this can be renewed upto the first 3 years of ownership of the vehicle.

Whatever you decide, dont forget to transfer your no claim bonus from your old car to your new one, if you are selling an old car to buy the new one. You can substantially save on your insurance premium depending on the NCB that you have saved so far on your existing premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Can some one please help to explain as to what this "drive assure" is about? It looks like this too, like insurance, has to be renewed every year.
bala80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 22:13   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
: Seem Marikar dont have a test drive car even at Cochin!
Marikar is passe in Cochin. No one in Cochin will trust them after the debacle with a Superb they committed last year. I believe the case is still going on at the consumer courts. Head over to St Antony's Automobiles the incoming king as far as Skoda dealers in Cochin are concerned. They are on the bye pass next to Palarivattom Bye pass junction. My friend and colleague booked and bought the Rapid a week ago and he is all smiles regarding the sales and relationship after handing over the cash. They had a test drive car with them when my friend when in for the booking. Hope they do a good job of the first service.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 13th February 2012 at 22:15.
Old 13th February 2012, 22:44   #424
BHPian

Has anybody else booked a Rapid at Marikkar TVM? We made our booking on 1st Feb and were told to expect a delivery date near end March to early April.

What is the average waiting period in other cities in Kerala for the TDI Elegance?

Also, is there any variance in delivery period with regard to color?

Last edited by pillainp : 13th February 2012 at 22:47.
Old 14th February 2012, 00:08   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran
Marikar is passe in Cochin. No one in Cochin will trust them after the debacle with a Superb they committed last year. I believe the case is still going on at the consumer courts. Head over to St Antony's Automobiles the incoming king as far as Skoda dealers in Cochin are concerned. They are on the bye pass next to Palarivattom Bye pass junction. My friend and colleague booked and bought the Rapid a week ago and he is all smiles regarding the sales and relationship after handing over the cash. They had a test drive car with them when my friend when in for the booking. Hope they do a good job of the first service.
Are you sure that St. Antony's has started delivering in Cochin? I made my booking online with Skoda in November and the booking amount was taken by Marikar and not by St. Antony's. I don't know what has happened. Wonder if I've been cheated somewhere.
Old 14th February 2012, 14:45   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Just saw my first Rapid on the road here in Trivandrum, a silver TDI Elegance. Probably not purchased from the TVM dealer, as it read Aura Motors (wherever that is located).
Its a KA regg car Still in city. I like the rear of it; neat.
Old 14th February 2012, 21:35   #427
BHPian

Is anybody hearing anything regarding any instability in Marikkar's position as Skoda dealer?
Old 14th February 2012, 22:42   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp
Is anybody hearing anything regarding any instability in Marikkar's position as Skoda dealer?
Yup. Looks like it. Though they assured me that they can deliver by next week , when I asked them for a refund Marikar Cochin immediately agreed without argument. Obviously they are not sure if they will get any cars at all. They haven't even got a vehicle for a test drive. The other dealer in Cochin brought an Ambition TDI to my place for a test drive. Very impressed with the driving dynamics of the car though I feel a bit cramped in it. Rear visibility, roof height and engine clatter are also factors that disappoint.

Any way back on topic I an pretty disappointed by the attitude of Marikar Cochin. A friend was saying that they even delayed refund for him. Not sure if the fault is with the dealer or with Skoda.
Old 15th February 2012, 09:15   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
doc, can you tell us the story?

Quote:
Have heard about bad service and sales ( someone at TBHP almost bought a Superb from TRV Marikar and cancelled it and bought Sonata IIRC).
Old 15th February 2012, 15:05   #430
BHPian

I talked to the sales guy today over the phone and got a somewhat vague reply when I asked him about the reason there was such a delay with Marikkar when other dealers have already started delivering in Cochin and Trichur. He mumbled something about some "difficulty" but refused to elaborate on the matter.

When I asked why they did not even have a TD car, he said it had not yet arrived, again due to the mumbled "difficulty", and said he would try to arrange some other car (from where I wonder).

I am committed to buying the Rapid, but am now wondering whether I should cancel here and take my business elsewhere.
Old 15th February 2012, 16:33   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I talked to the sales guy today over the phone and got a somewhat vague reply when I asked him about the reason there was such a delay with Marikkar when other dealers have already started delivering in Cochin and Trichur. He mumbled something about some "difficulty" but refused to elaborate on the matter.

When I asked why they did not even have a TD car, he said it had not yet arrived, again due to the mumbled "difficulty", and said he would try to arrange some other car (from where I wonder).

I am committed to buying the Rapid, but am now wondering whether I should cancel here and take my business elsewhere.
Going a bit OT but hope this helps with your car purchase.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ts-sonata.html
Old 15th February 2012, 18:13   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
doc, can you tell us the story?
I am already neck deep in litigation for less frivolous reasons. If I can get a link about a certain Superb case in the consumer court I shall post it here.

All I can say is that the owner was asked by one dealer to shell out a huge sum to repair a seized engine only because it was test driven on the bye pass by the service delivery guy without a drop of engine oil in the sump of the car during its first service. I can give you the details in person but never through electronic media.

The audacity of the service center is unbelievable.
Old 15th February 2012, 18:28   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
This "drive assure" in other words called as "zero depreciation" insurance covers everything from bumper to bumper. All plastic parts, alloy wheels, etc which are otherwise not/partially covered under regular insurance will be covered with this package which can be bought with an additional 8k over the regular premium. You will only have to pay the minimum charges (around 1k) for processing the claim and all other expenses for accidental damage will be covered by insurance.

This plan is nothing specific to skoda, almost every insurance service provider has this and you can opt for this even if you are buying your own insurance from outside. There are threads explaining the benefits, do go through them. Its purely your personal decision if you need this additional cover or not, I for one didnt bother about it. If opted for, this can be renewed upto the first 3 years of ownership of the vehicle.

Whatever you decide, dont forget to transfer your no claim bonus from your old car to your new one, if you are selling an old car to buy the new one. You can substantially save on your insurance premium depending on the NCB that you have saved so far on your existing premium.
Thank you for the brief, unfortunately, just before selling my dzire I had claimed insurance for a door dent job, so NCB is ruled out. I checked with Royal sundaram on the insurance and drive assure and they too have quoted exactly the same as skoda since they have a tie up with them. Since skoda's parts are quite expensive I'm thinking of not taking a risk and would prefer going ahead with the dealer's insurance + drive assure.
Old 15th February 2012, 18:46   #434
BHPian

Just heard from a colleague , Skoda has stopped supply of vehicles to Marikkar

He was taking a TD of Rapid from St.Antony's ,Cochin and they told him so , Don't know if its marketing strategy or true fact

I have been ogling into marikkar Skoda showroom to see if Rapid has arrived for past few weeks , Only one i saw in real was at Bangalore last month
Old 15th February 2012, 23:48   #435
BHPian

Just sent off a mail to Skoda Customer Care. Let's see if we can't get the story straight from the horse's mouth.

But then, going by the standard practised in India, I hardly expect a reply.

Fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks