Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2012, 20:27   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanth.shegde View Post
Guys,

Finally, I have got the wheels and tyres changed.

Put Stallion alloys, 15 inch,5 hole 100 PCD, 6.5J.
Also, swapped the stock tyres with Bridgestone Turanza ER 60, 195/60/R15.
Thanks for sharing the pictures, fantastic choice of alloys & tyres I must say. Your car looks stunning on those alloys. I liked the front shot of the car, looks smashing. How about some interior shots?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 22nd January 2012 at 20:29.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 20:54   #377
Senior - BHPian

Very nice choice of alloys. They gel very well with the car and the side profile looks pretty with them.

Please put up your ownership thread with lots of pictures, how do you feel about the ER 60's? I'm having them on my car for the past 1000 odd km's and I feel they are probably the best thing that I could have spent my money on.

Quote:
Guys,

Congratulations on your new car. All these are equally good/bad as far as SQ goes. If your priority is SQ, dont even consider these. On the other hand, if you are priority is the OEM finish you cannot go wrong with either of them. As far as I know, caska is much costlier than the other 2 mentioned by you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Hey guys,

Have just booked a Rapid elegance. Color: Capp. Beige.

Now that, that part is over have to do some research for a HU. Really confused between Caska, motevo, witson. Any idea which of these are of better quality?
bala80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:31   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaja View Post
Hi Nishant, the alloys look very good and blend well with the car. How much did the Bridgestone tyres cost you?
Thanks Skaja. I got them for 5200 per tyre. The stock tyres went for 2500 per tyre. So the effective cost is 2700 per tyre.
Old 23rd January 2012, 12:54   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post

Congratulations on your new car. All these are equally good/bad as far as SQ goes. If your priority is SQ, dont even consider these. On the other hand, if you are priority is the OEM finish you cannot go wrong with either of them. As far as I know, caska is much costlier than the other 2 mentioned by you.
Thanks for your feedback, also I just wanted to know the how would be the feel of these OEM systems, will it be smooth and seemless? Am so confused
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:50   #380
Senior - BHPian

I see your location as chennai. If you want to feel the caska HU in person, please visit privilege moto mall in nandanam. They quoted 48k for it though.

There are ownership reports on the forum for Witson and Motevo. I went for JVC AVX 646 and extremely happy with the upgrade so far. There is also a member in chennai who bought an Witson very recently for his rapid. His handle is Th!ru (If I'm not wrong) and you can try PM'ing him for more inputs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Thanks for your feedback, also I just wanted to know the how would be the feel of these OEM systems, will it be smooth and seemless? Am so confused
Old 24th January 2012, 17:02   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Put Stallion alloys, 15 inch,5 hole 100 PCD, 6.5J.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Hey Nishanth
Nice Alloys there
So now do let us know, how did you find the car's maneuverability with the 195s compared to earlier 175s.

Your wheels remind of another TBHPian - Peter's Black SX4 wheels.

I must say, Stallion has some unique designs.
Old 24th January 2012, 17:34   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hey Nishanth
Nice Alloys there
So now do let us know, how did you find the car's maneuverability with the 195s compared to earlier 175s.

Your wheels remind of another TBHPian - Peter's Black SX4 wheels.

I must say, Stallion has some unique designs.

Thanks Monaro.

The maneuverability is much better and easy when compared to 175s. With 175s the steering was light and the ride just OK.

After I put 195 the steering is still light and at the same time you can feel the planted ride. Overall, it still has the same positives along with a better ride.

I had checked out Peter's wheels before buying this design. I even found the same design as Peter's in the same shop. Stallion has some very good designs suited for Rapid / Vento's specs. I even found one set which was 95% similar to the Rapid Elegance's design.
Old 24th January 2012, 18:33   #383
BHPian

@nishanth:
How much did the Stallions cost you?
Old 24th January 2012, 22:49   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
@nishanth:
How much did the Stallions cost you?
I got them for 4400 per piece. I felt the rate was a bit high but didn't know any other shop which sold the same brand and design in Bangalore to cross check and bargain. So just bought these.
Old 27th January 2012, 21:21   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Thanks again for all the suggestions.
Here are some of the pics.
Hi Nishanth,
From which shop did you get the Stallion alloys? I have booked Skoda Rapid and wanted to go for the same option?

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 29th January 2012, 00:21   #386
Team-BHP Support

Fellow BHPian Suhaas and I went in for a TD of Rapid today and boy it turned out to be the best driving experience for the day which included driving the Brio, XUV and Rapid.

Funny thing - Rapid disappoints you when you look at the interior quality and hear the 1.6 TDi engine but makes up for it the moment you put your foot on the accelerator.

The interior plastic quality kind put us off. Actually, the interior quality of the lower 2 variants put us off. The higher variant (dual-tone interiors) feels at least a bit like Skoda.

We asked for the diesel for TD and the moment I cranked up the engine, I thought I was in a truck! Bad camping I must say.

However, all that was forgotten the moment I had some clear road to free up the engine; you actually feel pushed back when you accelerate. Very well-tuned engine; hardly felt any turbo-lag either.

I for one was mighty impressed by the top variant. But 11.25 lakhs OTR in B'lore for the diesel top-variant - that's a lot of money.

Oh and did I mention the boot? Well, you can be up to a LOT of mischief there!

If only Skoda had a better after-sales reputation!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 11:18   #387
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the Rapid TDi y.day and I was actually floored! The engine is a bit noisy when you crank it up, but when you start driving, it just feels too good! I was interested in the Ambition variant and at 10.14 lakhs OTR bangalore, I would say it is a VFM when compared to its rivals-Vento, verna & new ford fiesta. I think it is even cheaper than the Linea / SX4! This middle variant has just the features you need-> driver airbag, ABS, but it lacks a music player, which is a glaring omission by Skoda.

One question though, how is the Rapid's boot mentioned as 460 ltrs against the vento's 480ltrs? There shouldnt be any difference right?
Old 1st February 2012, 11:58   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachinkapur View Post
Hey Guys,

I am a new member of the Team BHP Community and this is my first post. I am posting for the first time, so might not be completely aware of the rules here. In case there is anything that you fin not good, please write to me.

I recently bought the Skoda Rapid 1.6TDI Elegance (top end model ) from Nawab Motors Noida. You guys were right about A.S.S but forget that the whole experince of buying one was painful. But I am very happy with the car. Will post detailed review and photos in my next post
Hi Sachin,

My friend about to buy Rapid 1.6 Elegance from Nawab Motors Noida, could you please provide your inputs on the A.S.S and the sales guys.

Cheers
Old 1st February 2012, 14:28   #389
BHPian

Well, it's official:

The wife and I just went to Marikkar Skoda and booked us a Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI CR MT in Cappuccino Beige.

Delivery is expected end March to early April. Fingers crossed for an early delivery.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:23   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpripr View Post
Hi Nishanth,
From which shop did you get the Stallion alloys? I have booked Skoda Rapid and wanted to go for the same option?

Thanks
Rajesh
Hi Rajesh,

I bought them from Shiv Shakti tyres on JC road. Its some 4-5 shops after Kamat hotel. You need to inform him atleast 2hrs in advance if you are going for Bridgestone ER60 as he has to get it from his warehouse. Try to go on a weekday sometime around 6 as he closes by 8. The whole process takes some 30-45 mins but its better to be a bit early. Also, do bargain hard. He usually quotes a bit high intially and then reduces it if you bargain .

He has the following designs also. See if you like any of these.
(the first one is Stallion and the other is EVO. I had liked the EVO one also but didn't like the 'act' written on it. So didn't buy that)
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-stallion.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-evo.jpg  

nishanth.shegde is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed