Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 20:12   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I used stallion alloys on my swift earlier and didnt have a complaint with it. As @autoindian has mentioned if you get it in the design you like, go for it.

I'm curious about your choice of tyres, No A-drives or C-drives? 195/60/15 is a very common size and have lots of options, make sure you research well before going for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanth.shegde View Post

I didn't like the designs which were available currently in Plati, Awa, Lenso, Neo and League. So have to choose between Evo and Stallion.

Any idea how good is Stallion ? Also, any idea about Evo ?

Thanks again for all the valuable suggestions.
Old 16th January 2012, 20:27   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
When I purchased my set in Pune from N Mehta Wheels (Swargate) the proprietor told me that these are just names & most of the alloy wheels are imported from Taiwan. I liked the design of Stallion & I purchased a set of 5 Stallion wheels from him. Have done 43K kms on them & they still look good. Had two instances of tyre sidewall damage (due to my fault), the alloy took the beating but did not suffer any major damages.

So my take would be, if you are getting Stallion at a good price, then go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I used stallion alloys on my swift earlier and didnt have a complaint with it. As @autoindian has mentioned if you get it in the design you like, go for it.

I'm curious about your choice of tyres, No A-drives or C-drives? 195/60/15 is a very common size and have lots of options, make sure you research well before going for it.

Thanks so much Autoindian and Bala.
I had liked a design in Stallion but was skeptical about it. You have cleared my doubts now. Will take a call shortly.

Regarding the tyres, yes, even I am confused now .
Most of the dealers I spoke to, advised me to go with Yokohama DB V550 and so was thinking of that. Any idea which ones are good in 195/60 R15 profile ? My requirement is ride, tyre noise and life (should last a minimum of 40K). The roads I drive are quite bad roads. I do highway driving once a month.

Please suggest.
Old 16th January 2012, 21:44   #363
Senior - BHPian

If your priority is ride quality and low noise you can go with Yoko C-drives eyes closed.Read my experience at my ownership thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2598229

There is a downside though, something I couldnt live with. So, I changed to BS turanza and I'm happy ever since. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Please do enough research before making up your mind so that you dont repent later. Good luck.

Quote:
Most of the dealers I spoke to, advised me to go with Yokohama DB V550 and so was thinking of that. Any idea which ones are good in 195/60 R15 profile ? My requirement is ride, tyre noise and life (should last a minimum of 40K). The roads I drive are quite bad roads. I do highway driving once a month.

Please suggest.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 23:42   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishanth.shegde

Thanks so much Autoindian and Bala.
I had liked a design in Stallion but was skeptical about it. You have cleared my doubts now. Will take a call shortly.

Please suggest.
dB drives are lot more expensive than A or C drives.
Since u seem to have a very particular requirement of low noise tyres, the Yoko dealer must have recommend them. They are the best low noise tyres Yokohama have got, but at a price..

But IMO, A drives will suite the Rapid more, coz they have a mix of characteristics from both dB & C..

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 16th January 2012 at 23:43.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 11:09   #365
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Got the delivery of my Rapid Ambition TDI yesterday evening from Tafe Access, Bangalore. The delivery process was well organized and I was pleased with the sales team for making it a memorable day.

The car ROCKS !!!

Surprisingly, I felt the 175 profile stock tyres felt good with steering giving good feedback.

The PDI OK seal from some govt official is pending and so have to take it to Tafe Access tomorrow.

Will get the alloys and the tyres changed on Saturday. Thinking of going for Stallion alloys. And for the tyres, still have to take a call between A-drive, BS ER-60 and DB V550.

Thanks to Nikhil, Bala, Monaro and Kryptonite for all the suggestions and help.

Team-BHP rocks !!!
Old 19th January 2012, 16:33   #366
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nishant on taking the delivery of your Rapid. Please share a lot of photos especially of the interiors. Also let us know your initial driving experience. Last but not the least start your ownership thread asap.

Wishing you many happy (s)miles with your car.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 18:00   #367
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations nishanth, you have got yourself a cracker of a car, wishing you a very memorable ownership experience.

I have been using BS ER60 for the past 1 month in my vento and have no reasons to complain so far. If you have decided to get the tyres replaced, do it asap to get the best buyback value.

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Got the delivery of my Rapid Ambition TDI yesterday evening from Tafe Access, Bangalore. The delivery process was well organized and I was pleased with the sales team for making it a memorable day.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 11:45   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

The car ROCKS !!!

Surprisingly, I felt the 175 profile stock tyres felt good with steering giving good feedback.

The PDI OK seal from some govt official is pending and so have to take it to Tafe Access tomorrow.

Will get the alloys and the tyres changed on Saturday. Thinking of going for Stallion alloys. And for the tyres, still have to take a call between A-drive, BS ER-60 and DB V550.

Thanks to Nikhil, Bala, Monaro and Kryptonite for all the suggestions and help.

Team-BHP rocks !!!

Glad we could help. Keep in touch, and do take good care of the engine through the running in period. I'm not sure if you'd like to follow how I did my running-in - but feel free to go through it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2618356
Old 20th January 2012, 12:06   #369
BHPian

Can rapid owners confirm if the stock head unit has an amp out?
Old 20th January 2012, 13:15   #370
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Nishanth ! Rapid is sheer VFM . Im yet to see interior pictures of the Ambition version. Do update us with pics and other details in a new thread. Drive Safe . Cheers !
Old 20th January 2012, 19:25   #371
Senior - BHPian

I'm not a rapid owner but I'm fairly certain it doesnt have any pre-out's, neither the vento has one (I own a vento).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cags View Post
Can rapid owners confirm if the stock head unit has an amp out?
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:35   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Congrats Nishanth ! Rapid is sheer VFM . Im yet to see interior pictures of the Ambition version. Do update us with pics and other details in a new thread. Drive Safe . Cheers !
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
Glad we could help. Keep in touch, and do take good care of the engine through the running in period. I'm not sure if you'd like to follow how I did my running-in - but feel free to go through it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2618356
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Congratulations nishanth, you have got yourself a cracker of a car, wishing you a very memorable ownership experience.

I have been using BS ER60 for the past 1 month in my vento and have no reasons to complain so far. If you have decided to get the tyres replaced, do it asap to get the best buyback value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations Nishant on taking the delivery of your Rapid. Please share a lot of photos especially of the interiors. Also let us know your initial driving experience. Last but not the least start your ownership thread asap.

Wishing you many happy (s)miles with your car.

Guys,

Finally, I have got the wheels and tyres changed.

Put Stallion alloys, 15 inch,5 hole 100 PCD, 6.5J.
Also, swapped the stock tyres with Bridgestone Turanza ER 60, 195/60/R15.

The car runs very smoothly and I just love the ride.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Here are some of the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-22012012342_c2.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-22012012346.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-22012012347.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-22012012349.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-22012012351.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-22012012353.jpg  

nishanth.shegde is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 16:11   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Those are some really nice looking alloys you got for your car. They gel extremely well with the Black colour.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 16:41   #374
BHPian

Hey guys,

Have just booked a Rapid elegance. Color: Capp. Beige.

Now that, that part is over have to do some research for a HU. Really confused between Caska, motevo, witson. Any idea which of these are of better quality? I am looking a good OE feel with quality. Or should I forget the OE look and get myself a similar spec Pioneer HU. Bluetooth and gps are top in the priority list.

Please do help guys, I am sure there are a lot of people in a similar dilemma. Can I also get some feedback from current witson/motevo/caska owners with regard to the feel of the product.

Also, I do hope I get delivery before any government proposed price hike for diesel cars. Fingers crossed.

Will keep you guys updated on my thought process.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:26   #375
BHPian

Hi Nishant, the alloys look very good and blend well with the car. How much did the Bridgestone tyres cost you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks