Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2013, 20:42   #1126
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I think you give i20 too little credit. I think i20 is one of the better built cars in premium hatch segment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I know its not a feature hence I used inverted comas. :-) hopefully nothing is changed . It's just that the sound did not feel right . :-)
Old 16th July 2013, 00:21   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allajunaki View Post
I think you give i20 too little credit. I think i20 is one of the better built cars in premium hatch segment
Haha, you caught me on the wrong foot here. I love my i20 and I know its well built. The thud is not bad at all. Then again I am sucker for that German thud.
Old 21st July 2013, 18:58   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphique View Post
Does the Leisure variant have ACC?
@Pancham: Rapid Leisure do come with diver side airbag, but yes ACC is sorely missing on the trim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Something that I noticed right now. There is a car fair going on in my locality and they had a Skoda Rapid for display. It was a brand new Rapid with the NEW LOGO ON THE STEERING WHEEL. So I can assume its recently manufactured. The car did not have the German thud sound. I mean when I closed the driver side door it closed just like my i20, well may be a bit better.
Have they done away with this "feature" or what?

Another thing is the Ambient Leisure is super VFM. It is coming to 10.40 OTR without discounts and has everything including alloys, reverse camera, navigation, sill plate. It does miss out on the driver side airbag though which is a necessity for me. Sigh!! If only we got everything.
It does come with driver side airbag, but yes ACC is sorely missing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I have some good news for Skoda lovers. There will be addition of new features in Rapid.
1. New Steering wheel with controls on it. same as New Octavia. here is pic
2. New Speedo meter design more in line with New Octavia
3. New Music system. same as in current Vento with bluetooth
4. Projector headlamp for low beam and halogen for high beam.

Launch will be towards end of the August 2013.
@Nicky: Any update on the news? As Leisure edition has been recently launched, so the news is still valid or it has been postponed?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd July 2013 at 13:19.
Old 21st July 2013, 20:14   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post

It does come with driver side airbag, but yes ACC is sorely missing!
I am sorry I meant passenger side airbag.
Old 21st July 2013, 20:21   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
4. Projector headlamp for low beam and halogen for high beam.
If that is the case, then this will be a segment first, right?
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:45   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
@Nicky: Any update on the news? As Leisure edition has been recently launched, so the news is still valid or it has been postponed?
news is still valid.
Old 29th July 2013, 20:53   #1132
BHPian

Guys,

Let me know what is a fair deal for the car
Skoda Rapid Ambition TDI Silver
2012 april 16,500 kms , bangalore
Pioneer bt system rockford speakers and amp
Owner asking 7.8 plus audio system for which he says he has spent 1.1 lakh
Old 29th July 2013, 21:29   #1133

My dear friends at Skoda India and all owners of Rapid,

Hi, I am a proud owner of Rapid TDI (top model), bought in December 2012. The car has clocked just about 5800 Kilo meters. There is an important issue I want to bring to your notice.

The head lights and the fog lamps of this car (top model) are of very poor quality (make & quality). Water/moisture easily enters inside them and subsequently its reflectors and the transparent body gets coated from inside by fog/vapour. This results in reduced visibility while driving after sunset.

This poor visibility led to an accident yesterday. While cursing @ 60 to 70 KMPH, my car jumped over a trench cut across the road. This trench was not visible to me from far due to reduced illumination. By the time it became visible, it was too late. My car fell into the trench and jumped out of it, resulting in huge damages to the under-body, the front bumper and all its attachments etc. Assessment of actual damages will be done tomorrow by Grand Motors, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.

I request Skoda India and all my friends who are owners of Skoda Rapid to look into this issue and take corrective action. I certainly expect some proactive action from Skoda India.

Friends, now I am dilemma, should I call my self a proud owner of Rapid. I have posted a message on Skoda India face book page about this issue so lets wait and see what Skoda India has to say and do.
black diamond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 14:30   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Hi @black diamond

Congrats for the Rapid.

However, it is bad for the headlights of the car fogging so early, & to add to your misery, this has caused damage. Are you sure the headlight glass didn't break because of flying debris from any vehicle ahead of yours while on road or caused by some sadist? I am asking the same because you have reported problem in glass of both headlights & the fogs as well.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 15:56   #1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi @black diamond

Congrats for the Rapid.

However, it is bad for the headlights of the car fogging so early, & to add to your misery, this has caused damage. Are you sure the headlight glass didn't break because of flying debris from any vehicle ahead of yours while on road or caused by some sadist? I am asking the same because you have reported problem in glass of both headlights & the fogs as well.
My dear CARDEEP,

Thanks for the concern. There are absolutely no cracks or breakage (even no scratches) in the outer transparent fibre/glass. This is a clear case of inferior product. You should had seen the cheap Chinese plastic lying here and there after the accident. All lot of plastic has been used in this vehicle.

Regards.
Old 30th July 2013, 18:17   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black diamond View Post
My dear CARDEEP,

Thanks for the concern. There are absolutely no cracks or breakage (even no scratches) in the outer transparent fibre/glass. This is a clear case of inferior product. You should had seen the cheap Chinese plastic lying here and there after the accident. All lot of plastic has been used in this vehicle.

Regards.
That's bad... & I used to believe that the Germans use good quality materials for the body & exteriors.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 23:11   #1137

Friend, this is in continuation to my earlier post where I had apprised the group regarding the accident of my Skoda Rapid car due to poor illumination. As stated earlier, this poor illumination is basically due to poor quality head lamps and fog lamps, which allowed moisture to creep inside them (the car has clocked just about 5800 Kms). You can see for your self, the kind of fogging that has taken place.Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-fogged-headlight.jpg

Secondly, there is another issue which I need to discuss with the group. After my car jumped in and out of the trench dug on the road, the impact damaged the under-body and front bumper of my car. The cheap plastic immediately gave way on the spot itself and this was visible. Now, what is not visible is the condition of the engine and suspensions.
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-front-damaged.jpg

After the impact, I did not switch off the engine, only to ensure that my family reaches home. Had I switched off the engine, its oil would had leaked out immediately and my family would had got stranded on the road in middle of nowhere, at the mid of night. I slowly drove my damaged car home which was at a distance of about 7 Kms from the accident site. On the way the engine check lights and coil light started blinking on the dash cluster. Also, the engine was jerking all the way (probably due to lack of pressure due to rapture of oil chamber).

I request you gentlemen to please advise me whether I should insist my insurer to go for engine checkup and repair or replacement. The car is insured under drive assure.Click image for larger version

Name:	Front damaged.jpg
Views:	3051
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1119088

Gentlemen, I request your informed advice.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-engine.jpg  

Old 31st July 2013, 12:44   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black diamond View Post
The cheap plastic immediately gave way on the spot itself and this was visible. Now, what is not visible is the condition of the engine and suspensions.

Gentlemen, I request your informed advice.

Regards.
My dear friend. The reason for so much plastics below the car has to do with retainers,insulation and aerodynamics (and not so much for protection) . Besides, if these parts are made of metal, then the impact would transfer to the chasis of the vehicle, which would result in a misaligned car and a massive bill. Even more expensive will be the bill if it were made of metal and impacted in the same manner (cost of metal > plastics).
The bumper and front sides feature plastics for the same reason.
The headlights fogging up from inside is a serious issue. But does it remain fogged up when you turn on the high beam for some time ( I only ask this because Halogen lamps can hit up to 200C and any fog *should* clear up (in theory, that is).
In case anyone else have this issue, try doing this, remove your main beam bulbs from the housing on the headlight (Instructions in the manual) or better still remove the whole headlight, and blow a drier into the hole for a while (in a clean room). This should get rid of any trapped moisture inside the headlight, if the headlight is clean.
allajunaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 14:07   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,

Let me know what is a fair deal for the car
Skoda Rapid Ambition TDI Silver
2012 april 16,500 kms , bangalore
Pioneer bt system rockford speakers and amp
Owner asking 7.8 plus audio system for which he says he has spent 1.1 lakh
Company Bulletin Board Post?

Please check the variant of the car again... it's the low end model.
A brand new car can be had for a little more. Also, check the service history of the car ( hint, rodent issues ).

While I wouldnt say no, I would ask you to consider a brand new one with Discounts, makes more sense!
Old 31st July 2013, 14:24   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post

Company Bulletin Board Post?

Please check the variant of the car again... it's the low end model.
A brand new car can be had for a little more. Also, check the service history of the car ( hint, rodent issues ).

While I wouldnt say no, I would ask you to consider a brand new one with Discounts, makes more sense!
Hi abhishek,
Dropped this car as it is the active variant and I want to buy the one with airbags and abs.
Considering the new as well but waiting for the facelift expected shortly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks