Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 11:38   #1081
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
That is the golden rule to be satisfied with service, always. One should be able to take out at least 1 day in a year for their beloved vehicles so that they remain satisfied in the long run. If more people start following this rule, the numbers of service quibblers would diminish substantially.
Thanks

As a matter of fact, I do this at every possible location(s). Like, fuel station [never handover CC to them. If possible I refuel myself], car wash, tyre shop...

With my old Esteem, Maruthi never used to allow owners in their service bay and was not really sure what used to go on with my car. Not that I am expert in car mechanics, but love to be next to it!
When I purchased Skoda, this was my first condition to them, "allow me to be next to my car while servicing". I dont mind getting greased
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 14:27   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
When I purchased Skoda, this was my first condition to them, "allow me to be next to my car while servicing". I dont mind getting greased
But in Chennai this never happens. In my 4 years (come Aug) of ownership, I was never allowed near my car during service inspite of requesting many number of times. And moreover they take 3 days minimum to service the car. The service centre is heavily crowded. Since it is a monopoly out here (only Gurudev motors in Chennai), we have no choice but to leave our car
Old 8th June 2013, 08:10   #1083
BHPian

Quote:

I take my car to Oklipuram center only (as it is near to my house as-well). SA's are good. Only thing I did not like is their washing.

Two things I get it done outside,
1. Washing --> 3M Car Care (either at RMV 2nd Stage or HSR)
2. Wheel balancing/alignment --> Madhus Enterprise

Rest I am pretty much satisfied with their service. Every time I visit, I make sure I am next to my car (atleast it helps me learn something new of my car ). My car is scheduled for 22,500 kms Check-up and will be going there tomorrow (Saturday).

I usually talk to Lokesh there and he is quite knowledgeable . He is also aware of TBHP

Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot 500contycruiser! Should I insist on them not doing wheel alignment & balancing so that I can get it done outside? And thanks for the pointer to the SA, will try to talk to him as well.
Since its my first skoda (coming from a hyundai), I think I should spend the day at the centre too.
Thanks,
NMA
Old 8th June 2013, 08:27   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Thanks a lot 500contycruiser! Should I insist on them not doing wheel alignment & balancing so that I can get it done outside? And thanks for the pointer to the SA, will try to talk to him as well.
Since its my first skoda (coming from a hyundai), I think I should spend the day at the centre too.
Thanks,
NMA
Yes, you can mention them on not doing wheel alignment & balancing. They would be fine with it.
Old 10th June 2013, 19:27   #1085

I had gotten a Worldtek Reverse Assist system when I bought my Rapid. Since the display for this is stuck on the IRVM, sometimes it blocks the view of left side. I am planning to get it and the factory fitted 2 DIN audio system replaced with multipurpose infotainment system. I find the ones with reverse camera assist + music system (touch screen) and navigation quite expensive but there are some without navigation and they are around 16k.

I have a dilemma - what will I do with the Worldtek reverse assist display (it's a 3.5 in unit with built in FM/USB/SD Card and Bluetooth functions); more importantly the Skoda 2 DIN unit? I can try to sell the Worldtek unit for a couple of thousand Rs. but I am not sure of the price the OE 2 DIN unit commands. Anyone provide some inputs on this?
Old 15th June 2013, 03:06   #1086
BHPian

A friend of mine has a brand new rapid that has just done around 1500 odd kms.
While cruising on the highway at around 80km/h, the glow plug light suddenly started flashing. We stopped the car immediately on the side of the road and tried to start it again, and found that the light was not flashing any more.

So we decided to continue home (which was around 15kms away) and after reaching home, we found that on switching on the ignition (without starting the car), the glow plug light would start flashing, instead of going out almost immediately after turning on the ignition. This happens about a fourth of the time we switch on the ignition, the remaining times, the glow plug light goes out as usual.

The manual simply says that the flashing indicates a possible engine control issue.

Any idea what could be wrong here?
We plan to take it to the Skoda service center ASAP.
Old 15th June 2013, 14:04   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you can mention them on not doing wheel alignment & balancing. They would be fine with it.
I unfortunately did not follow this suggestion and ended up (literally) paying for it. My wheels are horribly misaligned now . Apart from that, a full wash and oil top up was done, and bill came to Rs.900 including tax.
Have to go Shiva's (Sanjay nagar) for fixing the alignment...
Old 16th June 2013, 01:19   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I unfortunately did not follow this suggestion and ended up (literally) paying for it. My wheels are horribly misaligned now . Apart from that, a full wash and oil top up was done, and bill came to Rs.900 including tax.
Have to go Shiva's (Sanjay nagar) for fixing the alignment...
Just take it as lesson learnt hard way

This where I take my car for alignment/balancing. You can talk to Nikhil.

Nikhil B
URL:http://www.madhus.com/

Address:Madhus Enterprises,
No.35/5, Langford Road,
(Near Double Road Circle)
Bangalore-560025,

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 13:34   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
Just take it as lesson learnt hard way

This where I take my car for alignment/balancing. You can talk to Nikhil.

Nikhil B
URL:http://www.madhus.com/

Address:Madhus Enterprises,
No.35/5, Langford Road,
(Near Double Road Circle)
Bangalore-560025,

Wheel Alignment/Balancing : Madhus Enterprises (Langford rd, Bangalore)
Ya, somehow it slipped my mind to tell them. I did call Lokesh and mentioned how bad it was, he asked me to come back but I obviously refused.
Will go to either Madhu's or Shiva's (have been there before for my previous car).
The bill amount was a pleasant surprise though .
Old 17th June 2013, 01:48   #1090
BHPian

Hi

Recently I have also started hearing the door squeaking noise in my car. What is the solution to this? On the vento thread I read that applying WD40 solves the issue. Is it true?

Also, can anyone suggest me where can i Get the wheel alignment checked in Delhi without messing it up?
Old 17th June 2013, 02:16   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
A friend of mine has a brand new rapid that has just done around 1500 odd kms.
While cruising on the highway at around 80km/h, the glow plug light suddenly started flashing. We stopped the car immediately on the side of the road and tried to start it again, and found that the light was not flashing any more.

So we decided to continue home (which was around 15kms away) and after reaching home, we found that on switching on the ignition (without starting the car), the glow plug light would start flashing, instead of going out almost immediately after turning on the ignition. This happens about a fourth of the time we switch on the ignition, the remaining times, the glow plug light goes out as usual.

The manual simply says that the flashing indicates a possible engine control issue.

Any idea what could be wrong here?
We plan to take it to the Skoda service center ASAP.
This happened with my 6 month old TDI as well.
My was having the glow sign and the sign for exhaust system as well.
I took it to fahrenheit after about a week of driving with these signs.
It turned out to be a faulty sensor with some issues in the wiring.
It took them more than a week to replace the sensor and the whole wiring system from the engine.
I don't know till what extent is it true, but this was what the service advisor explained to me.
The reason that he gave me for such a long wait was the replacement of parts under warranty for which fahrenheit had to take an approval from Skoda.

I'd Suggest you tell your friend not to bother much about it.
It is nothing to panic about.
Just take the car to the Service Centre as soon as possible.
satyamkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 11:46   #1092
BHPian

Rapid owners & forum members,

Need your advice. My car is about to complete a year in couple of weeks and the 1st year insurance is about to end at the same time. Since I wanted to go for Extended Warranty (EW) I checked with Vinayak Skoda on the procedure for the same. They are advising that if I renew the 2nd year insurance with them from BAJAJ ALLIANZ (currently insured from HDFC ergo) ONLY THEN will they be able to provide for EW. The problem is insurance + EW costs about 35 grand (comp. insurance 25k + 10k for EW) & if it needs to be with Drive Assure (for bumper to bumper) it will cost an additional 10k bringing the total to 45k, which is a BIGGG amount given the 1st service is going to cost about 10k as well.

Please let me know if I should still go for the Insurance + EW via Skoda or should I just chuck the EW down the drain and get quotes from other providers.
Old 29th June 2013, 14:53   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRapid View Post
Please let me know if I should still go for the Insurance + EW via Skoda or should I just chuck the EW down the drain and get quotes from other providers.
Though extended warranty is highly recommended for VW group cars as the parts are costly, the amount quoted by the dealer is insane.

He is charging 35k for an year old car for zero dep insurance, if you have 20 percent ncb that is if you didnt make a claim last year then the quote is insane, my friend in Delhi got his Rapid tdi's insurance done through tata aig ( zero dep) for 20-21k for second year.

As with Skoda, ew is coupled with insurance, they are fleecing you. Try to negotiate on the quote, ew is important but the quote given is 10-12k more than it should cost.

I would suggest going in for ew, its a big peace of mind, especially with a Skoda.
Old 29th June 2013, 16:27   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRapid View Post
Rapid owners & forum members,

Need your advice. My car is about to complete a year in couple of weeks and the 1st year insurance is about to end at the same time. Since I wanted to go for Extended Warranty (EW) I checked with Vinayak Skoda on the procedure for the same. They are advising that if I renew the 2nd year insurance with them from BAJAJ ALLIANZ (currently insured from HDFC ergo) ONLY THEN will they be able to provide for EW. The problem is insurance + EW costs about 35 grand (comp. insurance 25k + 10k for EW) & if it needs to be with Drive Assure (for bumper to bumper) it will cost an additional 10k bringing the total to 45k, which is a BIGGG amount given the 1st service is going to cost about 10k as well.

I faced a similar problem this year when i wanted to take EW. I had hot taken the insurance from them for the first year so they were not ready to give me EW because due to some absurd policy you necessarily need to take the first year insurance from them for EW. However, I had escalated the issue to the higher ups and finally they agreed to provide me EW. So now the scene with me is that I didnt take insurance from them either for the first year or for the second year and managed to get a EW.

I suggest you take this issue up with the customer care. Skoda has been taking the customer complaints quite seriously of late.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 22:55   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post

I faced a similar problem this year when i wanted to take EW. I had hot taken the insurance from them for the first year so they were not ready to give me EW because due to some absurd policy you necessarily need to take the first year insurance from them for EW. However, I had escalated the issue to the higher ups and finally they agreed to provide me EW. So now the scene with me is that I didnt take insurance from them either for the first year or for the second year and managed to get a EW.

I suggest you take this issue up with the customer care. Skoda has been taking the customer complaints quite seriously of late.
Thanks torque18. Can i ask yu how much you paid while renewing the 2nd year insurance aling with the EW. Appreciate if you could give me the breakup as well. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks