Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2013, 17:19   #1186
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
That does not look like an OE part. Also it is fixed using a plastic tie band!!
Latheesh that is an OE part. It was fixed using cable ties because it came off after it brushed against a large stone. In fact, even the workshop guys do the same jugaad. Unless, of course, you want to go for a replacement.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2013, 22:55   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
I checked again at KR Puram VW Showroom, they need Vento VIN number for selling any parts.

Any Vento owners can help.
Fortunately that is not the problem here. VW service staff here is quite friendly and never refuses me any part. We don't have Skoda's presence here so the friendly nature of VW staff is reassuring.

Anyway, I will put the pic on the vento thread also. Lets see what they have to say
Old 16th September 2013, 12:11   #1188
BHPian

Saw this ad in today's newspaper. I guess the Skoda team has started working towards building confidence in their brand. Any inputs?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-untitled.jpg  

Old 16th September 2013, 16:10   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Saw this ad in today's newspaper. I guess the Skoda team has started working towards building confidence in their brand. Any inputs?
Guess I must be but it was confusing to me when I was explained that when I went for a test drive last Saturday (a couple of days back). Its called the 5 by 5 experience, but they charge extra for the 5th year maintenance and charge for the 5 preventive maintenance as well. Added to the EMI so this means that you must take their financing for this scheme to apply or it is not offered.
Old 19th September 2013, 14:57   #1190
BHPian

I got my 1st year service done (16750km run) for my Rapid TDI last weekend. Total service cost came to Rs. 6671. Except for the delays caused due to unavailability of pollen and air filters, which delayed the service delivery by 3 days, the overall experience was good. Glad to see skoda improving their after sales :-)
Old 20th September 2013, 00:13   #1191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas5 View Post
I got my 1st year service done (16750km run) for my Rapid TDI last weekend. Total service cost came to Rs. 6671. Except for the delays caused due to unavailability of pollen and air filters, which delayed the service delivery by 3 days, the overall experience was good. Glad to see skoda improving their after sales :-)
I totally agree. My tail light was broken and I had ordered for it, reached kinda late than the alloted time and so requested by advisor to see if he can speed up the process.

Got the tail lamps re-fitted and out of the garage with all the paper work done in less than 10 minutes. I agree there wasn't much work but I am happy enough that they atleast recognized my sense of urgency and decided to act upon it.

I would say they are definitely improving, even got a feed back call later that week wanted to check if all my complaints were met and all.

1750/- for the RHS tail light, pretty decent I would say.
Old 20th September 2013, 13:43   #1192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshr View Post
1750/- for the RHS tail light, pretty decent I would say.
Hi santoshr, your post comes at just the right time for me. I had my car's LHS tail light broken. Did you perchance ask about the cost of the LHS tail light as well? Was the cost 1750/- all inclusive?

Cardekho listed the price above 5k (karnataka) -> http://www.cardekho.com/skoda-rapid/...arts-price.htm

I will be calling tafe access soon but wanted to cross check.
Old 20th September 2013, 14:27   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw_r View Post
Hi santoshr, your post comes at just the right time for me. I had my car's LHS tail light broken. Did you perchance ask about the cost of the LHS tail light as well? Was the cost 1750/- all inclusive?

Cardekho listed the price above 5k (karnataka) -> http://www.cardekho.com/skoda-rapid/...arts-price.htm

I will be calling tafe access soon but wanted to cross check.
As per the PDF posted in below post, tail light costs around 2900/-. This was posted in March 2012... So I believe the price would have come down further.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2730526
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 16:41   #1194
BHPian

Tafe gave a quote of 1850/- (incl. Rs.150 installation charge).
Old 20th September 2013, 17:50   #1195
BHPian

[quote=ashw_r;3243110]Hi santoshr, your post comes at just the right time for me. I had my car's LHS tail light broken. Did you perchance ask about the cost of the LHS tail light as well? Was the cost 1750/- all inclusive?
quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
As per the PDF posted in below post, tail light costs around 2900/-. This was posted in March 2012... So I believe the price would have come down further.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2730526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashw_r View Post
Tafe gave a quote of 1850/- (incl. Rs.150 installation charge).
Yup, that's what I paid. A hundred and fifty for the installation. The only problem is that these things are not readily available atleast here in Pune. I had to wait for a couple of weeks for tail lamp to show up. They did promptly call me, but ya.
santoshr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 19:39   #1196
BHPian

Marvellous review. Hats off.

You have explained it 'why' to go for a Rapid [hoping Skoda to improve its after sales !!] on Indian roads and the review is completly unbiased.

I recently took the test drives of both Vento and Rapid. The Czeck suspension impressed me a lot on most of the potheholes and over bumpy roads than the German. Vento could have got a much stiffer pillar to support its executive body.

Another sriking feature is the precision of the steering, that too on long speed drives. Even though it lacks Leather wrapper & Steer mount controls, its looks pretty royal,easy to handle and accurate on Skoda than VW.

Skoda has reduced the bootspace and increased the rear legroom using that space, which I believe is more useful on normal situations.

The rear seat of VW is much less slanting than Rapid, which might gift the passangers with slight back pain on long drives.

For Vento the front and rear glasses are tinted while the new Rapid has all the 6 tinted !
[Correct me if I am wrong. I was explained like wise by the dealer.].

With the new liesure model on roads, Skoda outshined the rivals in features that too for 60K lesser pricing !! Skoda gets leather seats, bluetooth, rear view camera and many more in Liesure model. But, I still dont understandwhy Skoda think 'USB port' as such a costly luxury affair on a 11 L car !!!

Last edited by aah78 : 20th September 2013 at 21:08. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 20th September 2013, 20:14   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikz View Post
I still dont understandwhy Skoda think 'USB port' as such a costly luxury affair on a 11 L car !!!
Why does it matter? It has a SD card slot.
Old 22nd September 2013, 23:47   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Why does it matter? It has a SD card slot.
It can be a nuisance because pen-drives will need to be replaced by mmc instead, and the SD card slot cannot be used to charge phones, etc.

Separately, I have a new brochure from Škoda that states that the Rapid Elegance now has a leather wrapped steering wheel. Is that true? Says so on the Škoda website too, www.skodarapid.co.in.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:42   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
It can be a nuisance because pen-drives will need to be replaced by mmc instead, and the SD card slot cannot be used to charge phones, etc.

Separately, I have a new brochure from Škoda that states that the Rapid Elegance now has a leather wrapped steering wheel. Is that true? Says so on the Škoda website too, www.skodarapid.co.in.
You've got a separate port to charge phones, don't you? I think it is a personal preference. I for one, prefer having a SD card slot.

Yes, the Elegance now comes with leather wrapped steering wheel and a leather wrapped handbrake level as well.

I had a doubt regarding the leisure variant of the Rapid, as per my understanding, the leisure variant, which has 5 extra features, namely:
1. Parking sensors
2. Rear camera
3. Navigation
4. Door sills
5. Leatherette Seats

Are these extra features only available on the Ambition variant or we can get these features on the Elegance as well?
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:56   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You've got a separate port to charge phones, don't you? I think it is a personal preference. I for one, prefer having a SD card slot. Yes, the Elegance now comes with leather wrapped steering wheel and a leather wrapped handbrake level as well.
Yeah, but then I will need to plug the phone in to charge without being able to play music off it by using it as an external storage device. It is a small inconvenience to someone who has been used to doing things a certain way. Change is always resisted, initially

Wonderful news about the steering wrap. That was one feature I really wished it had, cos one can't really get the OEM quality or finish in the after-market, and there is also the risk of something going wrong and that's the warranty out the window!

Are the OEM speakers good enough or should one upgrade immediately? Since the head unit has no pre-outs, will have to change that too as I will be installing an amplifier and sub later. Need to space out my expenses, hence the query.

Quote:
I had a doubt regarding the leisure variant of the Rapid, as per my understanding, the leisure variant, which has 5 extra features, namely: 1. Parking sensors 2. Rear camera 3. Navigation 4. Door sills 5. Leatherette Seats Are these extra features only available on the Ambition variant or we can get these features on the Elegance as well?
The extra features are only available on the Ambition variant, though one can pay for the add-on sand get them on any other model, with the exception of the navigation system with wireless reverse camera.

This apparently is because the navigation system is Škoda-branded, and one is sent with every leisure edition. That's what the sales people told me, but I haven't verified it from any other dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks