Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2013, 15:53   #1321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsantu View Post
Hi.. I have a Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance.
Firstly, welcome to Team-BHP. Seems like Skoda is finally focusing on A.S.S. Good to hear that they are identifying and rectifying such minor issues. As you have already planned a trip, it shall serve as an opportunity for you to check the noise on the long run. If it still persists, visit the service center and request them to re-calibrate the injectors.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 31st December 2013 at 16:09.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 17:42   #1322
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpsantu View Post
Hi.. I have a Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI Elegance. Recently I happened to go to the service center for a causal checkup as I was scheduled for a long trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad. The guys at the service center mentioned about a software update which resolved some issue related to excess noise in some Rapid models. I tried to understand in detail what was it about and the guy explained that it has something to do with the fuel injection system.
I have read of a couple of Software Upgrades for Rapid (one for the Fan running even after swtiching off the Engine) but not yet one for Fuel Injection System or noise associated with it.

Can you ask them the Advisory number or mail from Skoda for the same?
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 18:11   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Congrats on your new ride. May you crunch many more miles with your new possession.

On the deal part, can you elaborate how you got 1L+ discount on MY14 model apart from the Free Insurance and ext. warranty (assuming both of them are covered under Skoda Shield).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Hey thanks. Regarding the deal, my math is a bit poor, so Dad did the entire calculation part and concluded that we've saved around 50k on finance, another 53k on warranty and insurance. Seems like the 1L+ savings is a sum up of all these. Still I consider it a good deal as it has been availed on MY14 model.
Hi

Finally today I booked MY 14 Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI Cappuccino Beige Colour. The car is expected in 10 days time. I have booked this from Nagpur Dealer. Have visited Mumbai dealers as well but this deal seemed better to me.

Dealer was nice and courteous. I visited Nagpur dealer without any prior appointment and was given a good treatment. They arranged for a Test Drive as well quickly and overall the experience was good.

I was given a deal of Free Skoda Shield worth 53k which includes Insurance approx 40k and Extended Warranty 13k. Zero Depreciation Insurance was available at another 11k which was to be paid extra. So the total insurance amount comes to 51k with zero depreciation.

I enquired about taking the car only at ex showroom and doing the insurance at self. They agreed a discount of 45k cash + mud flaps and mats. Only thing is if I purchase insurance from outside they would not provide extended warranty.

Zero Depreciation Insurance is available for approx 32k in the market for a Rapid Elegance TDI for which Skoda is charging 51k as they have tie up with Bajaj Allianz.

So finally went for a cash discount of 45k + freebies. Due to this the invoice cost will also go down and also the taxes as the ex showroom price will be less. Hence finally I saved 45k on cost + 6k on taxes and 20k on Insurance, totalling to 71k.

The final on road price applicable to me would be 10.75 Lakhs . This seemed a better offer to me as no other dealer was ready to give this kind of deal.

Regarding the extended warranty I read the terms and conditions in the extended warranty booklet and as per me it does not make any sense going for that the way its worded. It only covers the manufacturing defects and the decision of whether the defect is manufacturing or not would lie with Skoda only. Also the booklet states that the extended warranty is not a mirror image of the original warranty.

My Car would do at least 45 to 50k on the odometer in two years which is the original warranty period. What I believe is if there is a manufacturing defect in the car it will come out in two years and 45k kms. I don't think a car can run till 45k without any issues if it has a manufacturing defect. Your thoughts members!!!

Regards
Abhi
Old 31st December 2013, 18:34   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
Finally today I booked MY 14 Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI Cappuccino Beige Colour. The car is expected in 10 days time. I have booked this from Nagpur Dealer. Have visited Mumbai dealers as well but this deal seemed better to me.

Dealer was nice and courteous. I visited Nagpur dealer without any prior appointment and was given a good treatment. They arranged for a Test Drive as well quickly and overall the experience was good.
Congratulations!!! and welcome to Club "Rapid". Make sure you do pre-check with VIN and also the PDI.

Quote:
I was given a deal of Free Skoda Shield worth 53k which includes Insurance approx 40k and Extended Warranty 13k. Zero Depreciation Insurance was available at another 11k which was to be paid extra. So the total insurance amount comes to 51k with zero depreciation.
What is Ex-Showroom Price in Mumbai. For ex-showroom 942925 in Delhi, Skoda Shield was for 43770 (Insurance - 31995 + 2 Years Extended Warranty - 11775).
As for the Zero Dep, they told me it will be for 10k extra but finally took just Rs.5032.
The Covernote has Rs.8615 mentioned as charges against Zero Dep.

Quote:
I enquired about taking the car only at ex showroom and doing the insurance at self. They agreed a discount of 45k cash + mud flaps and mats. Only thing is if I purchase insurance from outside they would not provide extended warranty.

Zero Depreciation Insurance is available for approx 32k in the market for a Rapid Elegance TDI for which Skoda is charging 51k as they have tie up with Bajaj Allianz.

So finally went for a cash discount of 45k + freebies. Due to this the invoice cost will also go down and also the taxes as the ex showroom price will be less. Hence finally I saved 45k on cost + 6k on taxes and 20k on Insurance, totalling to 71k.

The final on road price applicable to me would be 10.75 Lakhs . This seemed a better offer to me as no other dealer was ready to give this kind of deal.
What is the 6K saving on Taxes?
Overall, seems like a good deal for MY14 model.

Quote:
Regarding the extended warranty I read the terms and conditions in the extended warranty booklet and as per me it does not make any sense going for that the way its worded. It only covers the manufacturing defects and the decision of whether the defect is manufacturing or not would lie with Skoda only. Also the booklet states that the extended warranty is not a mirror image of the original warranty.

My Car would do at least 45 to 50k on the odometer in two years which is the original warranty period. What I believe is if there is a manufacturing defect in the car it will come out in two years and 45k kms. I don't think a car can run till 45k without any issues if it has a manufacturing defect. Your thoughts members!!!
Personally, I would go for Extended Warranty for as much as they can provide. Yes, it is usually not the same as Original Warranty but still covers the critical component failures and the usual consumables and wear & tear is excluded.
I bought 2 years on extended warranty on my i10 for 5K after seeing the Fuel Pump issues during first year of ownership. Nothing failed for the rest of warranty period but my peace of mind was crucial.

I consider Extended Warranty as an Insurance. A product I pay for it, but hope that I need not have to use it.
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/service/skoda-shield

Last edited by achopraa : 31st December 2013 at 18:49. Reason: Added Link for Skoda Shield
Old 31st December 2013, 20:31   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Finally today I booked MY 14 Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI Cappuccino Beige Colour. The car is expected in 10 days time.
Hey, congrats on your Rapid.
Cappuccino beige is a nice colour to pick. By the way the deal you have been offered is sure a blaster.I suggest you to go for extended warranty whatever may be the terms mentioned. Go through this thread
Old 31st December 2013, 20:45   #1326
BHPian

Quote:

Hi

Finally today I booked MY 14 Rapid Elegance 1.6 TDI Cappuccino Beige Colour.
Abhi
Congratulations. It's always better to take extended warranty esp with VAG group of cars.
Old 31st December 2013, 21:00   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Congratulations!!! and welcome to Club "Rapid". Make sure you do pre-check with VIN and also the PDI.

What is Ex-Showroom Price in Mumbai. For ex-showroom 942925 in Delhi, Skoda Shield was for 43770 (Insurance - 31995 + 2 Years Extended Warranty - 11775).
As for the Zero Dep, they told me it will be for 10k extra but finally took just Rs.5032.
The Covernote has Rs.8615 mentioned as charges against Zero Dep.

What is the 6K saving on Taxes?
Overall, seems like a good deal for MY14 model.

Personally, I would go for Extended Warranty for as much as they can provide. Yes, it is usually not the same as Original Warranty but still covers the critical component failures and the usual consumables and wear & tear is excluded.
I bought 2 years on extended warranty on my i10 for 5K after seeing the Fuel Pump issues during first year of ownership. Nothing failed for the rest of warranty period but my peace of mind was crucial.

I consider Extended Warranty as an Insurance. A product I pay for it, but hope that I need not have to use it.
http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/service/skoda-shield
Thanks for your wishes. The ex showroom price is 959,293. Tax is 11% RTO and 2% LBT on ex showroom price in Maharashtra. So if the ex showroom goes down taxes will also go down.

Also regarding the extended warranty it is not same as insurance as first it's remote that car will run fine till 50k kms without any issue if it has a manufacturing defect and second it will totally at Skoda's discretion that whether it's a manufacturing defect or not any there is no surety of claim being honoured.

Anyways Skoda doesn't give extended warranty if insurance is not purchased from them. I don't mind paying 13k for warranty but it would mean additional 20k for insurance.
Old 31st December 2013, 21:04   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post

Hey, congrats on your Rapid.
Cappuccino beige is a nice colour to pick. By the way the deal you have been offered is sure a blaster.I suggest you to go for extended warranty whatever may be the terms mentioned. Go through this thread
Thanks for wishes and comments. Regarding the extended warranty please refer my earlier comment. It's not really available if insurance is purchased separately.
Old 1st January 2014, 12:22   #1329
gps

Hi people,

Been researching for quite some time on the forum for my next car, and finally bought Rapid. So duly updating back..

Bought the Ambition '13 version due to cheap VW finance scheme. Black.

Got new wheels and tyres too for her already.

Other details:

OTR: ~10.7L, mud flaps, rear parking sensor, and (really crappy) mats included from dealer
Additions:
Wheels: set of 5 (100mmx5bolts, 15"x7"), 22K
Tyres: ES100 195/65R15 set of 5, 4850 per peice
Buy back on accelere 175/70R14: 2700
All above from Sai Iyengar.. nice chap..

Yet to be done:
Headlight (+relay) upgrade
Seat covers/upholstery
Proper mats.
Front windshield sunfilm, mostly for anti-glare properties, better cooling.

Possibly will do:
rear camera, bcoz rear windshield does not provide enough visibility through RVM.. will decide on it in a few weeks..
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20131231_073101.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-20131231_073123.jpg  

gps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 13:32   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gps View Post
Hi people,

Been researching for quite some time on the forum for my next car, and finally bought Rapid. So duly updating back..

Bought the Ambition '13 version due to cheap VW finance scheme. Black.

Got new wheels and tyres too for her already.

Other details:

OTR: ~10.7L, mud flaps, rear parking sensor, and (really crappy) mats included from dealer
Additions:
Wheels: set of 5 (100mmx5bolts, 15"x7"), 22K
Buy back on accelere 175/70R14: 2700
All above from Sai Iyengar.. nice chap..

Yet to be done:
Headlight (+relay) upgrade
Seat covers/upholstery
Proper mats.

Possibly will do:
rear camera, bcoz rear windshield does not provide enough visibility through RVM.. will decide on it in a few weeks..
Congrats on your new buy!!!
10.7 OTR seems to be a bit high though for Ambition variant, given that year end discounts are aplenty on Rapid.
For the Headlight (+relay) upgrade, make sure you check that they are CANBUS compliant (if going for HID).
Old 1st January 2014, 15:03   #1331
Senior - BHPian

First of all congrats on purchasing Rapid. May you have lots of fun crunching miles.

Quote:
Sorry to be bearer of bad news but 195 65 R15 is a wrong upsize as it results in 5.64% difference in diameter whereas max tolerable limit is 3%. This results in less tire revolution per minute and can cause
1. Brake failure during high speed braking and also in normal drive as well
2. ODO meter reading reading 100 kms as 105.64.

I would suggest you to get them changed ASAP to either
1. 195 60 R15
2. 205 55 R15

Link detailing error in diameter due to upsize to 195 65 R15.

Quote:
Yet to be done:
Proper mats.
Get Kagu 3D mats worth the price and fits properly. I would suggest to drop idea of sun films all together since they are banned and when you would do inter state travel, respective state police will have a reason to trouble you during your journey.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 16:03   #1332
gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
First of all congrats on purchasing Rapid. May you have lots of fun crunching miles.

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but 195 65 R15 is a wrong upsize as it results in 5.64% difference in diameter whereas max tolerable limit is 3%. This results in less tire revolution per minute and can cause

I would suggest you to get them changed ASAP to either
1. 195 60 R15
2. 205 55 R15

Link detailing error in diameter due to upsize to 195 65 R15.
Sorry typo.. my bad.. I have 195/60R15. I considered 205/55 earlier, which is a better match, but got 195/60 due to minor improvement in *much needed* ground clearence. Also ES100 looks cool. I wasn't much bothered about the noise, but these are creating less noise compare to stock acceleres.. maybe they'll get louder after some use..

Quote:
Get Kagu 3D mats worth the price and fits properly. I would suggest to drop idea of sun films all together since they are banned and when you would do inter state travel, respective state police will have a reason to trouble you during your journey.
Reg sun film, I only want on front wind shield, and i will get as permissive as possible. My older car has one in (only) front. Its hardly noticable, and helps a LOT during night driving, or when sun is staring from front.. Or maybe I just need to get used to it.. i'll give it a couple weeks anyway...

Reg 3D mats, review is exactly what I was fishing for.. thanks.. Any dealer you recommend in bangalore??

Thanks for the replies peeps.. much appreciated..
Old 1st January 2014, 18:24   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for being

I agree that the upsize is wrong, but I am unable to understand how it will lead to brake failure??

Also if there is less revolution per minute, will it not lead to the ODO reading 100 kms as 95 kms?
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:15   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry typo.. my bad.. I have 195/60R15. I considered 205/55 earlier, which is a better match, but got 195/60 due to minor improvement in *much needed* ground clearence. Also ES100 looks cool
Good to hear that you went with 195 60 R15 as it increases GC by 6 mm. Definitely ES100 looks cool.

Quote:
Reg 3D mats, review is exactly what I was fishing for.. thanks.. Any dealer you recommend in bangalore??
I did a bit of search on Kagu 3D mats in Team-BHP and I could get following 3 names of dealers for Bangalore
  • Hot Tracks, Victoria Road.
  • Torque right opposite BSNL office (80 feet road) in Indiranagar.
  • Ultimate Detailerz

For more info you could check & post on following thread.

Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I agree that the upsize is wrong, but I am unable to understand how it will lead to brake failure??
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-brake-failure.jpg

Since there would be less number of revolution, brake pads would not get same amount of rotation of disc to grind on to reduce speed. Kind of crude answer but I hope you get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Also if there is less revolution per minute, will it not lead to the ODO reading 100 kms as 95 kms?
Yes you are correct, less numbers of revolution per minute will lead to ODO reading 95 kms. Since 1010tires.com showed speed as 105 Kmph, that's why I thought ODO would read as 105 kms instead of 100.
Old 2nd January 2014, 04:46   #1335
Senior - BHPian

Rapid owners i need your help please, my friend's Rapid has a significant fuel pump humming sound when the car is started and it remains throughout the journey. The noise is even more audible during cold starts, it is a March, 2012 Rapid TDi. I tried to capture the noise in a video and want to to know if there is an issue with the fuel pump here, i too own a July 2012 Vento TDi but the humming noise in my car is significantly less than his, both cars have clocked 16,000 kms.

Is it worth going to Skoda and getting the car checked because service centres here just tell the customer to leave the car for a day or two for small issues, if it is normal, we will leave it as it is. Since the standard warranty is about to end and he didnt opt for extended warranty, i suggested him to get it checked as out of warranty it would be a costly affair.

Uploading the youtube video.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 2nd January 2014 at 04:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks