Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2014, 14:38   #1441
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Looks like Buy now. Pay in 2015 deal is still on or back. Is this applicable for 2014 make models also? In addition, the calculation still seems confusing to me.
It was always there and had never been discontinued. The catch is its only on the MY13 models and not on the new one. In most of the dealerships its not even available for the Elegance model as well. In this forum in my earlier posts I have explained the entire calculations of the deal. This is a good deal in case you are ok with the old model as the effective rate of interest comes to only 7.49%.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 2nd February 2014, 15:03   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
It was always there and had never been discontinued. The catch is its only on the MY13 models and not on the new one. In most of the dealerships its not even available for the Elegance model as well. In this forum in my earlier posts I have explained the entire calculations of the deal. This is a good deal in case you are ok with the old model as the effective rate of interest comes to only 7.49%.

Hope this helps!!!
It has been taken off the Skoda website on 01-Feb-2014. They usually announce the offer for the month by 1st Week of the month. Am not a fan of this Buy now pay later because of the huge EMI at the end of the tenure. Skoda finance also seem to offer 7.99% loan which may be applicable on all models. Deals also seem to vary from dealer to dealer. Do check multiple dealers.
Old 2nd February 2014, 15:34   #1443
BHPian

Hi

Finally installed the Autocop Parkpro camera and parking sensors for my Rapid. Got it installed from my regular accessories shop for 6k. Was present during the entire installation, no wire cutting completely socket to socket fitting . Here are some pics of the installtion.

I saw some other brands as well but the display clarity of Autocop was very good and the service of Autocop is better of the lot as I has central locking system of Autocop in my previous car and they provided good doorstep service whenever required.

Went for some other accessories for my beauty which included:
Rolling Curtains (including rear windshield) 4k
Front Windshield Ice Cool Shield Film 3.5k
3D Cazoo Mats 2k

Will post all the photos soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1157-copy.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1160-copy.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1162-copy.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1164-copy.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1166-copy.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1168-copy.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1170-copy.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-dsc_1175-copy.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2014, 19:43   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Finally installed the Autocop Parkpro camera and parking sensors for my Rapid. Got it installed from my regular accessories shop for 6k. Was present during the entire installation, no wire cutting completely socket to socket fitting . Here are some pics of the installtion.
I think you took one of the best decision to get the Sensors and Camera installed. I am sure you will appreciate the same shortly.

Just one thing that the camera display in IRVM seems to be in center. Does it not obstruct with rear visibility?

Also, was there an existing provision of wiring which prevented slicing of wires or was it due to the use of the joints and extenders?
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:02   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
I think you took one of the best decision to get the Sensors and Camera installed. I am sure you will appreciate the same shortly.

Just one thing that the camera display in IRVM seems to be in center. Does it not obstruct with rear visibility?

Also, was there an existing provision of wiring which prevented slicing of wires or was it due to the use of the joints and extenders?

Already started appreciating it as its really difficult to gauge Rapid while reversing. You can't even see the trunk from the IRVM. This camera covers quiet a lot of area and now reversing is quite effortless.

Coming to your second point it doesn't obstruct any view as it gets activated only during reverse. In the normal driving conditions this is better as this IRVM is Anti reflective and you don't feel the glare of other vehicles.

There was no additional provision, no slicing was due to connectors. See the red connector in the 4 th pic.
caabhishek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:20   #1446
BHPian

Abhishek,

Nicely done. I liked the body colored parking sensors. Did you get those from Skoda or externally? I know for sure Skoda doesn't provide body colored ones.

It also makes me wonder whether you essentially need sensors if you install the camera? Doesn't the camera alone suffice the requirement?

Cheers
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:22   #1447
BHPian

Skoda Rapid : Pay in 2015 Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Looks like Buy now. Pay in 2015 deal is still on or back. Is this applicable for 2014 make models also? In addition, the calculation still seems confusing to me.
Quote:

Hope this helps!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
It has been taken off the Skoda website on 01-Feb-2014. They usually announce the offer for the month by 1st Week of the month. Am not a fan of this Buy now pay later because of the huge EMI at the end of the tenure. Skoda finance also seem to offer 7.99% loan which may be applicable on all models. Deals also seem to vary from dealer to dealer. Do check multiple dealers.
SKODA/VW Scheme

The Advertisement shows that
A) Ex-Showroom Price = 976226
B) Down Payment (20%) = 195246 - DP
C) Loan Amount = 780980 (Not entirely true since a lump sum payment is due at 48th Month but still)

Now, Total Amount paid for Loaned amount =
A) 1 * 12 = 12
B) 15000 * 12 = 180000
C) 22222 * 23 = 511106
D) 282808 * 1 = 282808
EMI TOTAL = A + B + C + D = 973926
Total Interest Amount = EMI TOTAL - Loan Amount = 973926 - 780980 = 192946

Thus, total cost of CAR (ex-showroom) = DP + EMI TOTAL = 195246 + 973926 = 1169172
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normal Loan
A) Ex-Showroom Price = 976226
B) Down Payment (20%) = 195246 - DP
C) Loan Amount = 780980
D) ROI = 11.8%
E) Tenure = 4Yrs

F) EMI = 20290(EMI in Advance)
EMI TOTAL = 20290 * 48 = 973920

Total Interest Amount = EMI TOTAL - Loan Amount = 973920 - 780980 = 192940
Thus, total cost of CAR (ex-showroom) = DP + EMI TOTAL = 195246 + 973920 = 1169166

Thus, the Skoda Finance is obviously not that cheap as it sounds to be.

Now, you may argue for the Time Value of Money for No EMI in first year and since a Lump Sump amount to be paid at the end of 4th year and that you can invest that amount somewhere and get returns thereby lowering the effective EMI. TRUE BUT we are considering it as the LOAN amount which means we do not have that amount.
The schemes are made complex for a reason, to confuse the customer.
Jaago Grahak Jaago!!!

Last edited by achopraa : 3rd February 2014 at 12:51.
achopraa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:30   #1448
BHPian

Thanks a lot achopraa! Very well explained. To me, the lump sum we are paying at the end, can be paid by selling the car at the end of fourth year. One can really enjoy the EMI free of first year.
Old 4th February 2014, 18:18   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
That's horrendous
Which dealer/city was this done in?
Was the installation not done in front of the car owner?

The place was Vinayak Skoda, both the wirings were not done in front of the owner. I saw a chance to take a nice photo of dealer installation and clicked.
Old 4th February 2014, 18:51   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspeter View Post
Abhishek,

Nicely done. I liked the body colored parking sensors. Did you get those from Skoda or externally? I know for sure Skoda doesn't provide body colored ones.

It also makes me wonder whether you essentially need sensors if you install the camera? Doesn't the camera alone suffice the requirement?

Cheers
This is done externally. These are Autocop ones. Even Skoda dealership provides body coloured but those are not genuine accessories it's more of other brands which they sell, but very expensive read my earlier posts for details.

I would recommend both sensors and camera for rapid.
Old 10th February 2014, 23:59   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
This is done externally. These are Autocop ones. Even Skoda dealership provides body coloured but those are not genuine accessories it's more of other brands which they sell, but very expensive read my earlier posts for details.

I would recommend both sensors and camera for rapid.
Hi Abhishek,

I'm curious to know how the internal wiring has been done upto the RVM. I'm planning to have one installed as well in my Rapid.

Please post some pictures if possible.

Thanks
Peter
Old 11th February 2014, 11:13   #1452
Senior - BHPian

I hit a tree this morning and my right taillight has been damaged. Does anyone know if only the cover can be procured? And if so what would be the cost?
Old 11th February 2014, 11:44   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Does anyone know if only the cover can be procured? And if so what would be the cost?
Yes, it is possible to procure the cover, don't know the exact price though. It should be around 500 bucks.
Old 11th February 2014, 12:30   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Yes, it is possible to procure the cover, don't know the exact price though. It should be around 500 bucks.
Thanks, do you know from where? I was told by vinyak skoda that the whole assembly needs to be replaced.
Old 11th February 2014, 12:56   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I hit a tree this morning and my right taillight has been damaged. Does anyone know if only the cover can be procured? And if so what would be the cost?
A Full tail lamp unit costs in the region of 1.7k for RH and 2.4k for LH

I suggest, it's better to go for a dealer replacement for plastic parts like the headlamp and tail lamp. I have seen how after market pieces tend to fade and look bad two or three years later.Not worth it IMHO

Last edited by hrman : 11th February 2014 at 13:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks