Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:40   #1591
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Hey Guys, I think i have been smitten by this car. I was casually going through the thread and somewhere I got hooked to it. I checked the Skoda website and had posted an enquiry about Rapid.

Got a call now from a guy working in Skoda Manufacturing department who explained the details of the car and about the limited edition Ultima. He told the following are now available for the Ultima edition,

1. 5 yr extended warranty
2. 5 yr finance at 7.99%
3. Insurance at Re.1 for the first year

and promised there will be discounts at dealer end as well. I would not term him pushy, he patiently explained the details and left the decision to me.

I will be visiting Vinayaka Skoda at Sadashiva Nagar tomorrow for a test drive and will let you guys know how it went.

I was pleasantly surprised by his call and more by the way he spoke. Good to see Skoda improving in customer service and hope this state continues.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:29   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post

I will be visiting Vinayaka Skoda at Sadashiva Nagar tomorrow for a test drive and will let you guys know how it went.
I am not really sure of the offers. You can check out with Vianyaka Skoda and negotiate on any offers.

Make sure you ask them for longer TD.
Old 23rd May 2014, 19:36   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
I am not really sure of the offers. You can check out with Vianyaka Skoda and negotiate on any offers.

Make sure you ask them for longer TD.
I was wondering the same thing. I thought the offers were already over. I didn't know people from Manufacturing call and tell you about ongoing offers.

Yes. I have asked for a comprehensive TD. Vinayaka told that if I could visit their place they can arrange for a TD in 2013 model and if they had to send the car, they would send either 2011 or 2012 manufactured models. I didn't want to take any risk and I live near the showroom as well. So going down tomorrow evening for TD and to check the car in person.
Old 24th May 2014, 00:42   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Lost one of my wheel caps during a bumpy city ride in Bangalore. Any idea if I could get one of them? Don't tell me that skoda sells them as sets of 4 :-(
Old 24th May 2014, 01:08   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Lost one of my wheel caps during a bumpy city ride in Bangalore. Any idea if I could get one of them? Don't tell me that skoda sells them as sets of 4 :-(
I guess they will be selling as sets of 4. Its what Ford does, so I am assuming the same case here.

You can always check out at J.C.Road.
Old 25th May 2014, 22:04   #1596
BHPian

Today visited Skoda for their big Summer checkup camp.

Skoda has moved from Apollo to GoodYear.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140525_11_25_45_pro.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140525_11_25_52_pro.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140525_11_26_06_pro.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140525_11_26_41_pro.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140525_11_26_50_pro.jpg

Goodies provided,
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140525_12_32_27_pro.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140525_12_33_42_pro.jpg

Couldn't Skoda come up with their own car image. I know this done by vendor, but Skoda should not have entertained it.

They have removed Tata logo.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140525_12_11_12_pro.jpg

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 25th May 2014 at 22:10.
Old 27th May 2014, 11:00   #1597
BHPian

A question on riding comfort. How is Rapid's comfort for long drives? 400+ kms . Am looking at info for both front and rear seat passengers. With the hump in the middle, what distance a 5th passenger can comfortably travel?

Also, inputs on how rapid compares with Verna and City 2014 on the long drives would be really appreciated.
Old 27th May 2014, 12:19   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanam View Post
A question on riding comfort. How is Rapid's comfort for long drives? 400+ kms . Am looking at info for both front and rear seat passengers. With the hump in the middle, what distance a 5th passenger can comfortably travel? Also, inputs on how rapid compares with Verna and City 2014 on the long drives would be really appreciated.
Rapid is an absolute bliss on highways. You'll be amazed by its road manners at high speeds and confidence inciting handling. The suspension is tad stiff yet the ride becomes comfortably pliant during speeds >60KMPH. Same applies to it's German cousin Vento.

Verna is good for city rides. On highways, one cannot miss the not-so-poised ride quality and awful driving dynamics. ( No offence to Verna owners, just my opinion )

For 4th gen City, I cannot comment on it's capabilities as I've never driven one.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 27th May 2014 at 12:20.
Old 27th May 2014, 14:15   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
A question on riding comfort. How is Rapid's comfort for long drives? 400+ kms . Am looking at info for both front and rear seat passengers. With the hump in the middle, what distance a 5th passenger can comfortably travel?

Also, inputs on how rapid compares with Verna and City 2014 on the long drives would be really appreciated.
Rapid is a Highway Cruiser. You can cruise along easily at over 100kmph day long without any issues relating to comfort. The driver and the passengers will be very comfortable. As Pferdestarke mentioned in his comments, the suspension is on the stiffer side and that helps a lot to keep the car planted in the uneven highways. It gobbles up pot-holes easily. As for the 5th passenger, he/she will be tad uncomfortable but not much. I have taken up many long drives in my Fabia (also has that hump) with 5 members on board and now my family is happy with Rapid as well.

As for inputs regarding Verna and City, Verna is notoriously known for its boat like behavior in the highways. As for the City, it did not impress me in high speed driving.

Note: No offence meant to Verna/City owners, just my experience!
Old 27th May 2014, 14:41   #1600
BHPian

Skoda is back again with another new scheme. They are proving to have a more stronger marketing team than sales and service team.

The new scheme is 5 X 5 offer :

Skoda Rapid Ambition +

5yrs finance at reduced rate
5yrs maintenance
5yrs extended warranty package (2+3yrs/100000km)
5yrs road safety Assistance

(was told first yr insurance is free)

5 Ultima features
Alloy wheels, Navigation, Sill cover, seat cover, parking sensor.

Note: Only difference between ambition plus and elegance model is
Single beige color seat cover
Climate control AC
Projector Headlamps.

Info from the sales guy: The newer rapid is not expected until 2016. Supposedly Yeti is also getting a facelift.

This offer is valid only till 31 May 2014.
And valid only if you buy the car through Skoda finance and through your own bank loan.

Onroad price = Rs 10,85,764
Loan amt = Rs 650000 / Rs750000 / Rs 850000
Marginal money = Rs 435764 / Rs 335764 / Rs 235764
Advance EMI = Rs 14367 / Rs 165533 / Rs 18744
Down payment = Rs 455071 / Rs 357257 / Rs 259448
Prcessing fee = Rs 4940 / Rs 4940 / Rs 4940
Term = 5yrs / 5yrs / 5yrs

Every customer have been given a new checklist and feedback form by the sales representative at the end of the test drive asking whether each and every features of the car was explained or not.
Includes, telescopic steering, auto cut off fuel lines, LED number plate lights, rear AC, adjustable driver seat, powered window safety, strut bar, security coded audio system, cyclic coding of engine lock, ...

Last edited by Visaster : 27th May 2014 at 14:43.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2014, 15:10   #1601
BHPian

Quote:

As narsi_6989 and Pferdestarke mentioned, I can cruise in Rapid all day long without any problems. She has good highway manners.

I have done many long trips (1000+ kms), driven all day long, pushed her to limits as much possible in terms of speed / mileage / at corners, never faced any issues. She's well planted on the road!

With hump, it is not all that bad. Very recently, we (5 adults) drove from Bangalore to Karwar (and further to Goa) and none complained of any problems or discomfort.

With my Verna test-drive, I do not get the same confidence as Rapid. In city limits or highway.

No comments on City.
Old 28th May 2014, 10:55   #1602

Quote:

I have made roundtrips from Bengaluru to Hyderabad 4 times till now on my Skoda Rapid. The total distance is ~580 KMs single way – so around 1200 odd kms for a round trip.

Driver’s Perspective:
A delightful drive – get your best seating position and there is absolutely no pain/tiredness throughout. I drive very comfortablely for a continuos stretch of 3 hrs atleast. I usually start at 4 A.M in the morning from Bangalore, and am at home in hyderabad at around 1 or 1:30 P.M – taking only 2 breaks – one for breakfast and the other for tea. The vehicle induces absolute confidence with its stability even at 100+ speeds. I usually drive in the 100-120 kmph slot and in this speeds the car is in absolute control. Steering feedback is also good unlike Hyundai vehicles.

I ve driven the RENAULT DUSTER in the same route once – but believe me – I ended up with acute Leg pain by the end of the trip. Also the thumb fingers became numb pressing the hard horn (am used to pressing the horn with my thumb in my Rapid).

Passenger’s Perspective:
Well, although I ve never been one – a little bit of insight with what I ve observed/heard from my wife/family who travelled along. The Hump in the middle for the 5th passenger is slight a bit of a hindrance. The passenger sitting in the middle would need to often keep changing positions. However, seating 5 is quite comfortable as shoulder space is adequate and you wouldn’t be pressing against each other.

I ve test driven Hyundai Verna twice before I bought Rapid – steering feedback is indeed less.. and the back seats are a nightmare with upward bending window sills. Feels like you are sitting in a cave and have to pop up your head to watch anything on the sides or on the front. This was a big turn off for me and hence avoided the vehicle.
tpsantu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 10:58   #1603
BHPian

I went for a TD last Sunday and drove both the diesel and petrol cars. Loved the diesel and the way the car starts to pull is amazing. The torque is addictive and left a permanent grin on my face.

On the other hand, I was pleasantly surprised by the MPI engine. I have never driven it and took the TD with an open mind and it didn't disappoint. The power delivery is not as linear as the diesel but it is still good. Have it always been like this or are there any modifications to the MPI engine w.r.t. Rapid?

The on road price comes to Rs. 11,64,064 for the Ambition Ultima edition and Rs. 12,67,325 for the Elegance. This includes Extended warranty and Drive Assure. There are no MY14 models available and only Ultima models are available. This seems a little weird to me. I do not want the Ultima edition and I certainly don't want to pay the extra premium for the stuff I don't even want in my car.

I have been told that the MY14 models might be available from August. Hopefully they come soon.
Old 28th May 2014, 12:22   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
The on road price comes to Rs. 11,64,064 for the Ambition Ultima edition and Rs. 12,67,325 for the Elegance. This includes Extended warranty and Drive Assure. There are no MY14 models available and only Ultima models are available. This seems a little weird to me. I do not want the Ultima edition and I certainly don't want to pay the extra premium for the stuff I don't even want in my car.

I have been told that the MY14 models might be available from August. Hopefully they come soon.
Are you looking at MY14 MPI or TDI? In any case, both are available in Chennai and the Ultima is just an add on to the MY14 models. As for TDI (non ultima), you get the car in a week but you will have to wait for MPI (non ultima). I purchased TDI elegance this March and got delivery in a week. I opted out of Ultima for the reasons you have mentioned. The very next month my cousin took delivery of MPI. But he went for Ultima as he needed the car urgently. They were ready to deliver the normal variant in 2-3 months.
narsi_6989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2014, 12:50   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

To add on to what has already been mentioned by the other members.
With the Rapid, highway driving is comfortable. AC may disappoint a tad. But no complaints on power, driving dynamics, stability, braking etc.
I have personally sat in the middle rear seat (with the hump) for over 4 hours from Chikamagalur to Tumkur. No problems at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks