Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2014, 11:53   #1696
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Sunilsoft,
That's a great offer - 1 question,
Is this an official Skoda Offer - available across India, or, its just this particular Dealer - thats offering you this,, If you can specify which dealer - Will help me check with Pune Dealer...

I am looking to buy Rapid - but, am deferring my decison - keeping the facelift in mind,
However - from whatever the Buzz is, the facelift is certainly, NOT, the European Rapid - Which I was hoping, Just some cosmetic changes - BLACK Edition. But, there seems to be certainity that the Current 1.6 Engine will be replaced with a 1.5 Diesel,,

If I get this offer (Diesel vehice for current Petrol price) in Pune - I will book my Rapid right now,
Not sure about whole India, but this deal is definitely valid throughout Delhi and is valid just for 5 more days. Saw an official advertisement from Skoda in Delhi Times today.

P.S - Damn this deal is too good to resist. I regret my decision of buying Hyundai Xcent :(
namanchaudhary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 12:42   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Sunilsoft,
Is this an official Skoda Offer - available across India, or, its just this particular Dealer - thats offering you this,, If you can specify which dealer - Will help me check with Pune Dealer...

I am looking to buy Rapid - but, am deferring my decison - keeping the facelift in mind,
However - from whatever the Buzz is, the facelift is certainly, NOT, the European Rapid - Which I was hoping, Just some cosmetic changes - BLACK Edition. But, there seems to be certainity that the Current 1.6 Engine will be replaced with a 1.5 Diesel,,

If I get this offer (Diesel vehice for current Petrol price) in Pune - I will book my Rapid right now,
Yes it is a pan india skoda scheme because skoda advertised this in the new delhi times of 11th july but this is for 1 week only. I had a word will all the dealers and they say it's available. Thus making the thinks very tempting.

IMHO the current 106 bhp engine is better than the upcoming 105 one as it's initial power rating is 90 ps quoted from the new polo leaked details and also this would use vgt to achieve 105 bhp. Thus making the current machine with discounts a great offer to go with. I am almost decided to go for the offer.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-11_07_2014_115_003.jpg  

sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 15:53   #1698
BHPian

Thankyou sunilsoft, namanchaudhary
I checked with Pune Dealer - heres the deal,

1. Free 1st year Insurance - 40 K +
2. Corporate Discount - 10 K ~
3. Exchange Bonus - 15 k
4. SUBJECT TO BARGAIN - the floor Mats, Mudflaps, etc. - 5 k ~

And,
If you go for Skoda Finance - as advertised, the comparative savings would be about another 40K.
Catch is - the MAX loan is only 4.4 Lakhs.

NOTE:
All the items listed were offered to me when I checked initially,,,
The only difference seems to be the Finance scheme,

I think, Its just marketing - a cleaver ploy to lure customers to the Skoda Showrooms,
But still - its a good deal,,
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2014, 12:39   #1699
BHPian

Today's Skoda Rapid AD - Times of India, 14-July - PUNE.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-rapidpunedeal.jpg  

Old 16th July 2014, 16:19   #1700
BHPian

Took delivery of my pearl black Rapid Ambition Plus 1.6 TDI day before yesterday based on the same offer. The offer is quite lucrative. Total on road with regs costed me 9.07 (gurgaon regs) along with the Garmin Sat NAV as a value add.

Will be writing a detailed ownership review of the same. Till then here are some pics of the Black Beauty.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140714_19_41_12_pro.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140714_14_34_00_pro.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140714_16_37_29_pro.jpg

Some more pics of the Black beauty after the Paint Coating & 6 coats of detailing post delivery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140714_19_41_12_Pro.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	295.9 KB
ID:	1262323

Name:	WP_20140714_14_34_00_Pro.jpg
Views:	1997
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	1262324

Name:	WP_20140714_16_37_29_Pro.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	303.8 KB
ID:	1262325

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140715_17_35_28_pro20140715180841.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140715_17_35_49_pro.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140715_14_20_26_pro.jpg
krazydriver84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 11:15   #1701
BHPian

Congratulations krazydriver84,
Wish you many many miles of happy driving...Black Rapid is awesome...

I will be booking my Rapid, around end of this month,, just waiting for some paperwork..
Old 18th July 2014, 12:01   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Took delivery of my pearl black Rapid Ambition Plus 1.6 TDI day before yesterday based on the same offer. The offer is quite lucrative. Total on road with regs costed me 9.07 (gurgaon regs) along with the Garmin Sat NAV as a value add.

Will be writing a detailed ownership review of the same. Till then here are some pics of the Black Beauty.

Attachment 1262329
Congrats. Looks Awesome. I loved the front looks post detailing. What made this offer lucrative? Apart from Garmin and the color, what else is additional compared to the regular?
Old 18th July 2014, 12:10   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Sunilsoft,
I am not sure about Pune, but the offer seems to be valid in Bangalore. I remember Skoda sales executive telling me an offer with free insurance and 7.2% ( Or so ) interest rates on loan from Skoda finance. That was about 4 or 5 months before. Doesn't hurt to check with the dealer.
Old 18th July 2014, 12:44   #1704
BHPian

Free Insurance + LESS Intrest offer is available across,
Plus,
Exchange Bonus - 15K
Corporate Discount ~ 10k
Are standard,,

eagerly waiting for end of month - Will book this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
I am not sure about Pune, but the offer seems to be valid in Bangalore. I remember Skoda sales executive telling me an offer with free insurance and 7.2% ( Or so ) interest rates on loan from Skoda finance. That was about 4 or 5 months before. Doesn't hurt to check with the dealer.
Old 19th July 2014, 02:25   #1705
BHPian

Hello

Is the leatherette seat covers that are being advertised as part of the package with ultima available with Skoda separately or do they come installed on the seats from the factory? I was considering getting them if they can be bought separately and are a simple put on type , not requiring stitching and all.
Old 19th July 2014, 08:36   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

Is the leatherette seat covers that are being advertised as part of the package with ultima available with Skoda separately or do they come installed on the seats from the factory? I was considering getting them if they can be bought separately and are a simple put on type , not requiring stitching and all.
Yes they come with the Ultima kit and the dealers install them and the seat covers aren't installed from factory. These are available for 9670 as a separate accessory from skoda dealers.
sunilsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 10:48   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Hello
They are dealer fitted, come in size's based on Template and just put on,, I have seen the seats covers being fitted in the showroom,,

You should buy separately, You can check on other brands..
The Once I saw being fitted in Ultima, or, other Variants - by Dealer, are not that great, and is costing about 10K,

I think, You could get better covers than that for the money being charged..

Autofoam, G-Sports offer decent options at price points of about 10 to 15K,
Leaving aside more high-end/pricey brands like karlsson, Stanley, Ovion..

another Important factor is the workmanship,, often, many of the shops, do not do a good job of fitting the covers, so, need to be attentive,, or the shop may mess up the job.
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 17:52   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
They are dealer fitted, come in size's based on Template and just put on,, I have seen the seats covers being fitted in the showroom,,

You should buy separately, You can check on other brands..
The Once I saw being fitted in Ultima, or, other Variants - by Dealer, are not that great, and is costing about 10K,

I think, You could get better covers than that for the money being charged..

Autofoam, G-Sports offer decent options at price points of about 10 to 15K,
Leaving aside more high-end/pricey brands like karlsson, Stanley, Ovion..

another Important factor is the workmanship,, often, many of the shops, do not do a good job of fitting the covers, so, need to be attentive,, or the shop may mess up the job.
The reason I was looking up to these was simple. OEM fit and finish. I am not interested in getting it installed from them as that will be done by the trusted people. Can you post some pictures of the seats please?

And karlsson is not present in Delhi, else I would have preferred that. Stanley is way way beyond my budget.
Old 19th July 2014, 17:54   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Yes they come with the Ultima kit and the dealers install them and the seat covers aren't installed from factory. These are available for 9670 as a separate accessory from skoda dealers.
Thanks! Some pictures of the same would be really helpful in the decision making
Old 20th July 2014, 07:38   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Some pictures of the same would be really helpful in the decision making
Here are the pics of backseat covers. I only got this one as I had to ask one of my friends to send the pic. He only sent one pic
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidslide_9_640x480.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks