Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 17:43   #2446
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Hi All,
Need help me understand if engine mounts are not covered under extended warranty, my car is 3.3 yr old and 36600 on the ODO.
Today I gave the vehicle for summer camp and complaint about guzz sound when reversing, the SA just called me and told that this is due to the weak engine mount and needs replacement and is not covered under extended warranty(cost 4.5k plus labour).
Hi,

Gave my vehicle 5 days back for the same guzz sound reversing up the ramp while releasing the clutch and finally the SA called and informed me that this is due to the clutch issue and they have replaced the clutch & flywheel. Asked him to get this covered under warranty as my vehicle has clocked only 37500 kms but got denied.
Got a bill of 45K for clutch and 3500 for labour.
Never heard clutch giving up at 37K and also there was no performance issue in my car when I gave them to check it.
Please help me understand if this should be covered under warranty or suggest me any alternative.
Old 12th April 2016, 01:06   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Gave my vehicle 5 days back for the same guzz sound reversing up the ramp while releasing the clutch and finally the SA called and informed me that this is due to the clutch issue and they have replaced the clutch & flywheel. Asked him to get this covered under warranty as my vehicle has clocked only 37500 kms but got denied.
Got a bill of 45K for clutch and 3500 for labour.
Never heard clutch giving up at 37K and also there was no performance issue in my car when I gave them to check it.
Please help me understand if this should be covered under warranty or suggest me any alternative.
One more point is that the SA never called me and took approval before replacing the entire clutch assembly.
Any suggestion will be appreciated as I am visiting Mahavir tomorrow to discuss with the SA.
Old 12th April 2016, 10:48   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more point is that the SA never called me and took approval before replacing the entire clutch assembly.
Any suggestion will be appreciated as I am visiting Mahavir tomorrow to discuss with the SA.
Ask the SA to pay for the clutch as your approval was not requested and provided. Be very assertive, see what can be done
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 22:43   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Ask the SA to pay for the clutch as your approval was not requested and provided. Be very assertive, see what can be done
Spoke with the SA today and discussed why they replaced the clutch,release bearing and flywheel without my approval. Got a reply that as a part of trial and error to identify the issue they have replaced these.
I also asked them why the flywheel(only 37K ODO) needed replacement along with the clutch and got a reply that they will be claiming for warranty and hope to get it approved.
Also when I gave the car on 5th March for the same issue, there was summer camp going on with 25% discount on complete clutch.
Waiting to see what is the next update they provide so that I can escalate the issue.
sree5999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:39   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke with the SA today and discussed why they replaced the clutch,release bearing and flywheel without my approval. Got a reply that as a part of trial and error to identify the issue they have replaced these.
The things SAs say . Trial and error? really? Please don't accept this. They have no right to charge you for something you had not approved. End of story.
Horizon81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 11:10   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also asked them why the flywheel(only 37K ODO) needed replacement along with the clutch and got a reply that they will be claiming for warranty and hope to get it approved.
Also when I gave the car on 5th March for the same issue, there was summer camp going on with 25% discount on complete clutch.
Waiting to see what is the next update they provide so that I can escalate the issue.
Good, the story is on the right track. Stick to your stand.
He will most likely say, we will take half cost , you pay half. But try to get it 100 % from the dealer.
Keep us posted.

Last edited by F150 : 13th April 2016 at 11:11.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 19:30   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
He will most likely say, we will take half cost , you pay half. But try to get it 100 % from the dealer.
Keep us posted.
Hi All,

I have escalated the issue by calling Skoda customer care number twice but did not get the complaint number email. When asked, got a reply that it will take 24hrs to respond to your complaint.
Can any one please let me know what is the response time and is there any other way to highlight the issue.
Old 16th April 2016, 22:12   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I have escalated the issue by calling Skoda customer care number twice but did not get the complaint number email. When asked, got a reply that it will take 24hrs to respond to your complaint.
Can any one please let me know what is the response time and is there any other way to highlight the issue.
Finally got a call today from the service center after emailing twice to skoda and calling them thrice. Got a response that they have raised a special claim for warranty, ETA 3 days.
sree5999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 17:26   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Surprised to hear that the tdi dsg has a 1.5L discount. If you are ok with the increased budget, in my opinion the rapid tdi dsg is the one to go for over the rapid petrol AT.
I guess Skoda wants to liquidate all its old stocks!! Even I got a discount of Rs 1.75 lakhs on the 1.5 TDI AT Ambition DSG variant which I bought in Feb 16 & the VIN showed the car was manufactured in Dec-15.
Old 19th April 2016, 20:46   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Keep us posted.
Quote:
Hi All,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
The things SAs say . Trial and error? really? Please don't accept this. They have no right to charge you for something you had not approved. End of story.
Quote:
Quote:
Finally got a call today from the service center after emailing twice to skoda and calling them thrice. Got a response that they have raised a special claim for warranty, ETA 3 days.
Hi All,

Can anyone please help me escalate the complaint further up the hierarchy as there is no response from Skoda and the dealer is trying to get away with this.

I have emailed thrice to "SKIN R: Aurangabad, Skoda India Customer Care" <customercare@skoda-auto.co.in>,
ganesh.kishore1@skoda-auto.co.in (Area Service Manager) and also called Skoda.
Old 20th April 2016, 08:27   #2456
BHPian

Hi there, try other means, describe your frustration and their incompetence in social media, use Skoda Indias Twitter handle, put it up on their Facebook page, I'm sure you'll get some traction. With respect to contacts of higher ups, I'm sorry I don't have the updated ones. Fight it out, what was done is not right, and you cannot be held responsible. Stay firm. God bless
aayushnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 11:26   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda is believed to be working on the Rapid facelift due for launch in 2016.

Expect the updated Rapid to look like the international version, with design similar to its bigger sibling Octavia. Possibly the model will be on display in the upcoming Auto Expo 2016.

I checked this with my dealer JMD Skoda, Nerul and they told me that this may get launched only by end of 2016 since they just launched the new Superb & Octavia. Anyways not much of a facelift externally as far as news reports suggests. May be they will provide a better performance car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th April 2016 at 12:02. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 20th April 2016, 18:27   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
Hi there, try other means, describe your frustration and their incompetence in social media, use Skoda Indias Twitter handle, put it up on their Facebook page, I'm sure you'll get some traction. With respect to contacts of higher ups, I'm sorry I don't have the updated ones. Fight it out, what was done is not right, and you cannot be held responsible. Stay firm. God bless
Spoke to Ganesh Kishore who is the regional service manager and explained the issue and sent him email of what had happened till now, waiting to hear back from him.
Old 20th April 2016, 18:33   #2459
BHPian

Hope there's a fast solution! God bless
Old 20th April 2016, 22:15   #2460
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the trouble Man, Hope your issues gets resolved ASAP,
Please try out their Facebook page and Twitter as well.
Bringing out such issues on social media, I think, has far more influence than fighting privately. Post with Complete details (with Dates, Names etc.) of the progression of the Issue, the A.S.S Response and Interaction, The attempts to escalate the issue to Skoda Management.

Besides this, Hold on for complete coverage/warranty, Pester their A.S.S repeatedly, Visit the Dealership and create a ruckus every-time,

It is Unpleasant, but I guess, You should talk to people in a language they understand and hit where it hurts most.

Quote:
Hi All,
Can anyone please help me escalate the complaint further up the hierarchy as there is no response from Skoda and the dealer is trying to get away with this...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks