Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2016, 11:11   #2566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
This is a battery issue, nothing to worry. The battery have a life of around 45K-48K kilometers if driven daily or a period of 4 years if driven occasionally.
I am guessing that too. However, the correct voltage reading has me in two minds. I am yet to check the battery voltage without starting the car to see if the battery is holding the charge.
Old 29th November 2016, 11:03   #2567
BHPian

Got the battery replaced with a new Amaron. Had checked the voltage through VCDS with the engine turned off and it was at 12.3.

Hopefully, the problem should be gone.
Old 1st December 2016, 07:54   #2568
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2012 Rapid Ambition variant and since the car never came with alloys at the beginning, I opted for alloys 6 months ago. I chose to go for "momos" and 205/55/15 Continental tyres. Whenever I visit the service centre I have had people from there tell me that Rapid specifically doesn't support external alloys and this leads to steering rack or pinion failures. Now my car already had a steering rack failure before I switched to alloys and it was replaced under warranty. Post warranty expiry is when I switched to alloys and these wider tyres.

Any experiences or thoughts on this? I'm sort of puzzled to know why an external alloy won't work and only an OEM will. And if one matches the PCD and goes for a reliable brand like "momos" I think there shouldn't be an issue.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 09:28   #2569
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

It has been almost a year since I logged into T-BHP and lot has changed since in my car. I own a 2014 Rapid and I have always got it serviced it in Chennai eventhough I moved to Bangalore. But now I am in a situation where I cannot come to Chennai and get it serviced. Can my friends in Bangalore help me point towards the best and reliable Skoda service center in Bangalore? I need to get my Brake Pads and Disks changed. I live in KR Puram.

When driving in yesterday's rain, something got trapped in between Pad and Disk. This caused a lot of damage to the Disk .
Old 3rd December 2016, 09:45   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Vinayak Skoda in TC Palya is the nearest service center for you, they are better than TAFE.

Last edited by deehunk : 3rd December 2016 at 09:46.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2016, 18:07   #2571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
It has been almost a year since I logged into T-BHP and lot has changed since in my car. I own a 2014 Rapid and I have always got it serviced it in Chennai eventhough I moved to Bangalore. But now I am in a situation where I cannot come to Chennai and get it serviced. Can my friends in Bangalore help me point towards the best and reliable Skoda service center in Bangalore? I need to get my Brake Pads and Disks changed. I live in KR Puram.

When driving in yesterday's rain, something got trapped in between Pad and Disk. This caused a lot of damage to the Disk .
I'd recommend TAFE Access, Hosur Road. It's very far from your place, but they do quite a decent job and have ample of space inside whereas Vinayak Skoda is very cramped and barely has place to move around, last time they got my bumper scratched possibly while parking in their tight parking space but denied the same and on top of that they told me to take my vehicle back as soon as they call as they don't have any space to park my car for longer, which is the most lamest thing I've heard in recent times. I stay around the same area and I've been to both Vinayak Skoda @ KR Puram and TAFE Access @ Hosur Road. Even our 3rd service is due within a week, will try to get it to TAFE Hosur. Would go for Vinayak KR Puram only in worst case.

~Cheers
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 20:30   #2572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Got the battery replaced with a new Amaron. Had checked the voltage through VCDS with the engine turned off and it was at 12.3.

Hopefully, the problem should be gone.
Did you get the battery checked at the battery shop? I'm also observing similar symptoms but the reading obtained at the battery shop was normal.
Old 4th December 2016, 20:38   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Did you get the battery checked at the battery shop? I'm also observing similar symptoms but the reading obtained at the battery shop was normal.
I did not get it checked at the shop. But the readings through VCDS showed that the battery was weak and in any case the battery had completed its life. With the arrival of winters I was apprehending that it would give up any fine day leaving me stranded so I got it replaced.

I haven't started the car since the day I got the battery changed. Will update if the issue stands resolved with the battery change.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 22:09   #2574
BHPian

Hey guys,

Planning to book myself the new Rapid TDI MT in a day or two.

Had a couple of questions to ask Rapid owners -

1. The Rapid doesn't come with a reverse parking camera (baffling - for a 14L car), which I really need since it's my first sedan. The dealer's offering to put one in which doesn't plug and play with the touchscreen infotainment display the way it does in VW cars like the Ameo I test drove (although the unit is exactly the same). It requires a separate display to be mounted on the dashboard. They say that the "plug for their system is different from the one which goes into the built-in display" which sounds dodgy to me. Since there clearly is a "plug" for the reverse camera at the back of touchscreen unit, wouldn't it imply that there's a reverse camera that can be paired to it? Would anyone know whether there is an OEM reverse camera that I could have fitted that plugs into the infotainment system? If so, could you help me with a part number and/or link for where to buy it or have it fitted? (Leads for Mumbai would be great!)

2. I was planning to upgrade to Momo alloys with the same specifications as the stock alloys. Would this void my warranty?

3. I'm terrible at bargaining, so what can one usually ask for a reduction on from dealers? VW was offering a discount on insurance for the Polo GT, plus some accessories. I know I'm buying a brand new model, but it's also the end of the year, so is it worth pushing for a discount? I'm going to try to get the zero dep and reverse camera done for free. Should I push harder?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
Old 7th December 2016, 06:15   #2575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
Hey guys,
Had a couple of questions to ask Rapid owners -
2. I was planning to upgrade to Momo alloys with the same specifications as the stock alloys. Would this void my warranty?

External alloys would void your warranty with Skoda. Please read my post in this same thread just a few days earlier. I have a Rapid and have fitted momos too but I did it well after my warranty period. However I constantly get told at the service centres that Rapid doesn't support external alloys and leads to steering rack and pinion failures. I do not know how this happens only with external brand alloys, but I'm not changing them now since I have already spent a good fortune on the alloys and continental CPC2 tyres. So I would suggest you stay away from external alloys in the warranty period.

Last edited by SDP : 8th December 2016 at 12:15. Reason: Formatted quoted post for better readability
Old 7th December 2016, 10:21   #2576
BHPian

5th Paid Service Update:
Recently completed 5th paid service @ Vinayak skoda, KR Puram, Bangalore. I tried booking appointment through app and failed: Service appointment is requested at Vinayak but request gone to TAFE. Finally I had to make a call to Vinayak and booked an appointment.

ODO reading: ~84K
There are no specific complaints/replacements hence vehicle delivered same day.

Mr. Prithvi is the service adviser who takes care of my Rapid for last 3+ years. It's been pleasant experience with his service so far.
I don't have to tell him not to perform wheel balancing/alignment, wiper blade replacement etc. He knowing the Team BHP forum and takes care of all such small things

New/Strange things happened at/with service center:
1. They send SMS confirmation of receiving of vehicle and final bill also(after payment).
2. They have offered help in booking a taxi for me, I politely ignored.
3. Service people are requesting to provide good feedback, almost like Maruti folks.
4. Same day got an email from Vinayak email ID with bill attached
5. I was told that they will charge extra for car body wash. I objected and not charged extra this time.
6. 2% extra for payments using credit card . I have paid using my debit card for the first time @ Vinayak.
7. As per the above email, my car serviced on 3/12/2016 and next service is due on 25/10/2017 or 99K kms which ever is earlier. This is strange as the service interval is 15K kms or 1 year.

Is Skoda ASS improving: I think they are taking one step forward and another one backward. So I see very little improvement.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 12:03   #2577

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
5th Paid Service Update:
Recently completed 5th paid service @ Vinayak skoda, KR Puram, Bangalore. I tried booking appointment through app and failed: Service appointment is requested at Vinayak but request gone to TAFE. Finally I had to make a call to Vinayak and booked an appointment.

ODO reading: ~84K
There are no specific complaints/replacements hence vehicle delivered same day.

Mr. Prithvi is the service adviser who takes care of my Rapid for last 3+ years. It's been pleasant experience with his service so far.
I don't have to tell him not to perform wheel balancing/alignment, wiper blade replacement etc. He knowing the Team BHP forum and takes care of all such small things

New/Strange things happened at/with service center:
1. They send SMS confirmation of receiving of vehicle and final bill also(after payment).
2. They have offered help in booking a taxi for me, I politely ignored.
3. Service people are requesting to provide good feedback, almost like Maruti folks.
4. Same day got an email from Vinayak email ID with bill attached
5. I was told that they will charge extra for car body wash. I objected and not charged extra this time.
6. 2% extra for payments using credit card . I have paid using my debit card for the first time @ Vinayak.
7. As per the above email, my car serviced on 3/12/2016 and next service is due on 25/10/2017 or 99K kms which ever is earlier. This is strange as the service interval is 15K kms or 1 year.

Is Skoda ASS improving: I think they are taking one step forward and another one backward. So I see very little improvement.
I had my car serviced last week from TAFE, even i experienced the same there, received message and bill details over the email. As usual had some issues with the washing, which they addressed it and cleaned it.
One thing i noticed that during this overall washing issue, the Service Adviser & the washing supervisor were like.. Sir " Please rate us good when asked for Feedback"
I guess, the feedback we provide to Skoda will been taken seriously and guess the dealers are rated based on that...

Last edited by SDP : 8th December 2016 at 12:14. Reason: Please see inline
Old 8th December 2016, 22:47   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetg View Post
I guess, the feedback we provide to Skoda will been taken seriously and guess the dealers are rated based on that...
I believe so. Few months back, I gave somewhat feedback to Hubli service center for some reasons, the lady was on my head for the ratings.

I ended up with, you go a good job, I will automatically give good rating. Period. She had a big frown face.

They insist on providing feedback in front of them. Which kills the purpose of feedback itself.
Old 9th December 2016, 00:47   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
I believe so. Few months back, I gave somewhat feedback to Hubli service center for some reasons, the lady was on my head for the ratings.

I ended up with, you go a good job, I will automatically give good rating. Period. She had a big frown face.

They insist on providing feedback in front of them. Which kills the purpose of feedback itself.
The Skoda service centre has a lot to learn from the humble Maruti Suzuki service centre.

Service of Maruti Suzuki is just good. After the service, the advisor to the delivery guys repeatedly request for a 10/10 rating. And if they have even an iota of doubt that you will not be rating them no less than 10/10 they will tempt you with an offer of some "gifts" in exchange of 10/10 rating
Old 9th December 2016, 13:09   #2580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhandary View Post
And if they have even an iota of doubt that you will not be rating them no less than 10/10 they will tempt you with an offer of some "gifts" in exchange of 10/10 rating
With Skoda, by now we all would have built large warehouse to store their gifts or we would have been millionaires

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks