Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2017, 13:53   #2641
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Guys I'm being offered 13.5L on road for the 2016 old model top end diesel DSG Rapid, it does not come with Touch Screen navigation, is it worth the buy, was thinking of taking this over the Ameo?
Is it the pre-facelifted model or the current one?
Also What is/was the OTR in your town?
Old 26th March 2017, 23:32   #2642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Hi All,

One of my front fog lamp stopped working, should be the bulb going bad, can some one please suggest good fog lamp bulbs for replacement.
By the way I have replaced my head light bulbs with philips extreme vision plus and fairly satisfied with their performance.

Thank you
Hi,

Can anyone please help me in suggesting bright fog lamp bulbs for my Rapid.

Cheers
Old 27th March 2017, 14:00   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Hi,

Can anyone please help me in suggesting bright fog lamp bulbs for my Rapid.

Cheers

Hi Sree,

You can go for Philips 55w H8/H11 for the fog lamps. I use them and they're great. Haven't had any issues with the little extra heat compared to the stock 35w ones. Have been using these (same set) now for over 1.5 years.

Cheers,
Aayush
aayushnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 16:21   #2644
BHPian

Folks,

My Rapid has done ~90K KMS on the ODO and decided to cross magic 1L KMS in near future.

I am seriously thinking of suspension overhaul, earlier only suspension bushes were changed once and no other suspension related work carried out. Skoda ASS advisor points something north of 40K for this work. I felt little expensive and want to give it a try outside, something like Bosch Authorized service centers.

Any pointers to a good FNG in Bangalore will be highly appreciated?

Last edited by hillsnrains : 31st March 2017 at 16:23.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 09:22   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Anyone from Bangalore who services their car at TAFE access, Hosur Road? I have been using Vinayak Skoda for the last 4 years and now that my office is closer to Hosur Road I'm contemplating on getting my Rapid's yearly service at TAFE access.
Old 13th April 2017, 10:03   #2646
Senior - BHPian

My cousin knows an FNG run by an ex-TAFE guy, will PM you his contact number. He sources OEM Skoda parts and is a reliable guy.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 16:38   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My cousin knows an FNG run by an ex-TAFE guy, will PM you his contact number. He sources OEM Skoda parts and is a reliable guy.
Hi Deehunk,

Could you please share/PM the name and contact number of this FNG in charge/owner? Need to order a part for my Laura that I'm not readily getting from the authorised SC.

Thanks in advance.
Ajay K
Old 19th April 2017, 08:33   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Ajay, I spoke to the FNG guy today and informed him about your service requirement. Wish you good luck.
Old 28th April 2017, 18:14   #2649
BHPian

Need your advice.

My rapid has done 90,000 kms and is due for service for which I have taken an appointment.

Now, the service advisor told me to get the timing kit replaced, though the skoda website says timing kit should be replaced at 120,000 kms.

Should I go as per the advice of the service advisor or should I wait as suggested by the Skoda website?
Old 30th April 2017, 10:39   #2650
Senior - BHPian

My Rapid has crossed 45,300 kms in five years. Gave it to Vinayaka Skoda- KR puram for the five year/ 75k kms service. Total cost was Rs.208XX. It cost some Rs.99xx for service, Rs.500 for washing, Rs.2200 for interior detailing and formality sake external polish, Rs.8200 for brake pad and brake disc replacement (L+R) in the front, brake fluid, labour for replacement etc. This included Brake pad cost of Rs.1700+tax, which is reasonable by all means.

I was not sure if brake disc also needed to be replaced. I thought only pads were enough. But went ahead and got both replaced. The brakes bite much better now, to an extent that the car occupants jerk forward.

I felt the car is not so smooth compared to earlier times. Just to be sure, I also checked the engine oil dipstick to ensure the oil has indeed been replaced. Maybe it wil become smoother with use. No other complaints.

Vinayak skoda seems to be taking customer service more seriously now. There is someone to welcome customers, guide them to the reception area, meet the service advisor. While waiting someone constantly asks for Tea/Coffee/ Water. It is evident that they are going that extra mile to make customers feel better and are paing more attention to enhancing the customer experience. This is a positive step. They also request you to give a good rating for the service experience on the Skoda India FB page.

What I did'nt like:
Driver pick up and drop charges are Rs.1000. When I started out with Skoda in 2012, they charged 300 odd, which was cheaper than Honda which charged Rs.350 at that time. A three fold jump in 5 years is too much IMHO. However, if you come personally to drop your vehicle like I chose to do, they provide assistance to book a cab to go back, through the available Apps.

Washing charges of Rs.500 also seemed high to me.

I was told that I need to bring the car later for software updation to meet revised emission norms. They will be sending a message/ call all Skoda Rapid owners for getting this done, which will be complimentary. Their system was already ready, but there were some glitches it seems on my service day, so they didn’t do it this time. It would have saved me another visit.

All in all its been a decent five year period. This is the longest Ive kept any car since I bought my first car in 2005. GTOs article on what should you do with a five year old car, showed me the futility of replacing cars every 2-3 years and why it made financial sense to stick to the same car for a longer period. Thanks Rush.

I hope my baby serves me for many more services.

Last edited by hrman : 30th April 2017 at 10:44.
Old 1st May 2017, 21:31   #2651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I was told that I need to bring the car later for software updation to meet revised emission norms. They will be sending a message/ call all Skoda Rapid owners for getting this done, which will be complimentary. Their system was already ready, but there were some glitches it seems on my service day, so they didn't do it this time. It would have saved me another visit.

I hope my baby serves me for many more services.

Since you mention 5 year old Rapid, I assume it's the 1.6TDI, mine too is a 5 year old 1.6 TDI with abour 40k on the ODO and I'm due for my yearly service in another 10 days.

I think Skoda and VW haven't rolled out the emission update for 1.6 TDI in India as of now. It's only the 1.5 Tdi which is receiving the update, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:00   #2652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Need your advice.

My rapid has done 90,000 kms and is due for service for which I have taken an appointment.

Now, the service advisor told me to get the timing kit replaced, though the skoda website says timing kit should be replaced at 120,000 kms.

Should I go as per the advice of the service advisor or should I wait as suggested by the Skoda website?
Absolutely no need to change timing kit @90K and your understanding of 1.2K KMS change interval is correct.
Service adviser do not know the facts. Ask him for the rule book.
Old 2nd May 2017, 09:34   #2653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Since you mention 5 year old Rapid, I assume it's the 1.6TDI, mine too is a 5 year old 1.6 TDI with abour 40k on the ODO and I'm due for my yearly service in another 10 days.

I think Skoda and VW haven't rolled out the emission update for 1.6 TDI in India as of now. It's only the 1.5 Tdi which is receiving the update, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, mine is the 1.6 TDI Rapid. The service advisor told me it was for Rapid. I didn't ask which model. And when he said the update is available, but he couldn't get mine done because of some technical issue, I presumed it is for 1.6TDI as well. Since you are planning to get it done in another 10 days, please do call them and check if this will be done along with your service. it will save you two trips.
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:19   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Yes, mine is the 1.6 TDI Rapid. The service advisor told me it was for Rapid. I didn't ask which model. And when he said the update is available, but he couldn't get mine done because of some technical issue, I presumed it is for 1.6TDI as well. Since you are planning to get it done in another 10 days, please do call them and check if this will be done along with your service. it will save you two trips.
You can check on skoda India website. It displays 1.5 tdi only.

I had a discussion with service advisor earlier today when i went in to drop my car for service. He confirmed that software update was for 1.5 tdi at present. Though he did not have any answer for the efficacy of the update or its effects on performance of the car.

One thing he was insist ING on was the timing kit replacement. I countered him with showing me the advisory from skoda for the premature replacement of timing kit he backed off.

Last edited by deepfusion : 2nd May 2017 at 11:21.
Old 2nd May 2017, 17:27   #2655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Need your advice.

Even in some VW 1.6 TDI owner's manuals, it is indicated at 120,000 kilometers. However, in the service centers it is now mentioned that it is 90,000 kilometers or 5 years, whatever is earlier.

I think throughout India, it is now done at 90,000 kilometers interval. The serpentine belt, in my Vento, was on the verge of breaking apart at 84,000 kilometers/5 years. I had the serpentine belt, the timing belt, and the tensioner changed.

VW service center people told me that there were belt failures reported with mileage lesser than 120,000 kilometers, and that is why the interval was changed to 90,000 kilometers. Moreover, running conditions affect the same as per VW, which in our case are adverse due to the high amount of traffic and relatively lower qualoty fuel.

Last edited by halfbytecode : 2nd May 2017 at 17:32.
halfbytecode is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks