Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 17:38   #2611

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

BHPians,

I was looking for some info on DSG failures on SKoda rapid in recent times. I own a 2015 Skoda Rapid TDI DSG automatic with approx 60K on the Odo. One fine Monday my car failed to move. I could engage the reverse gear but there was no power delivery to the wheels and same for D1 as well. Had to get the car towed to Gurudev motors, Chennai. They are still trying to figure out the issue but talking to the technical team there, it looks to be like a mechatronics issue. Has anybody seen/heard of Rapid DSG failures recently? I am worried. Thanks for your responses. The car is still under warranty though.
aruns_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 18:25   #2612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruns_22 View Post
BHPians,
The car is still under warranty though.
We have seen cases of DSG failures in Polo and Vento TSI and even Rapid TDi and Octavia TSI.
Situation varies from case to case. Since your car is still under warranty,you shouldn't have any problem. Is it under standard warranty or extended warranty period now ?
Old 15th February 2017, 15:57   #2613

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
We have seen cases of DSG failures in Polo and Vento TSI and even Rapid TDi and Octavia TSI.
Situation varies from case to case. Since your car is still under warranty,you shouldn't have any problem. Is it under standard warranty or extended warranty period now ?
It is under standard warranty. I just got a call from the dealership and they have confirmed it is a mechatronics failure which will be replaced under warranty. The wait time to get the car is approx 15 days :-(
aruns_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 21:14   #2614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruns_22 View Post
It is under standard warranty. I just got a call from the dealership and they have confirmed it is a mechatronics failure which will be replaced under warranty. The wait time to get the car is approx 15 days :-(
Did you notice any symptoms before it failed ? I really love the car but I think the DSG ghost will not allow me to own it beyond the 4 yrs warranty period.
Old 15th February 2017, 22:55   #2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Did you notice any symptoms before it failed ? I really love the car but I think the DSG ghost will not allow me to own it beyond the 4 yrs warranty period.
Now that I think about it. I recall a couple or more time where the gear would not shift and just stay in an intermediate zone for a few seconds. I never used to face that issue before but it had happened couple of time recently. But since it happened very infrequently i did not think much about it. Other than that i don't recall anything odd.
The extended warranty also is good till 1L kms only i guess. I didn't check that when i got the extended warranty.
Old 27th February 2017, 21:37   #2616
BHPian

Got the 4th year service done today for my 2012 model 1.6TDi. No major surgery and the bill was Rs.12K. Regular service expenses came to ~9K and the rest was replacement mud flaps and full interior shampoo and cleaning.

It has been a hassle free ownership experience all these years. Hoping the car continues to not bite my wallet for a few more .

The tyres are close to end of life having run 42000Kms. Started hunting for the right upgrade...
Old 1st March 2017, 11:24   #2617
BHPian

Guys,

Need your opinion on a dilemma that i am in. Need your inputs as soon as possible if possible, as i have to make a decision very quickly.

I have been offered an almost 2 lac discount on the pre-facelift rapid along with the payment holiday option that Skoda have. This is for the Style Plus Diesel DSG variant.

So in terms of the financials, this is quite an ideal option. Its a july/Aug 2016 manufactured model.

I am planning an upgrade from a 10 year old Santro.

The other option was to wait a few months and get certain financial aspects in order and go for the New Honda City CVT V variant that comes to about 14 lacs on road here in mumbai, whereas i am getting the skoda for about 13.2 lacs

Also, my running is about 30 kms a day in mumbai traffic. So am guessing i don't really need a diesel. But am tempted because of this offer. What would you suggest?
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:12   #2618

Guys,

Any one using Magnetic sun shades for Rapid.?? i was reading review about the ABLE brand, seems like a good one has any one tried it on Rapid?
Do you think they worth 1.5K??

https://www.snapdeal.com/product/abl...n/640512791112

thank you..
Old 2nd March 2017, 15:53   #2619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetg View Post
Guys,

Any one using Magnetic sun shades for Rapid.?? i was reading review about the ABLE brand, seems like a good one has any one tried it on Rapid?
Do you think they worth 1.5K??

https://www.snapdeal.com/product/abl...n/640512791112

thank you..

I've been using ABLE magnetic shades for more than a year albeit on my Renault Lodgy and they've been great buy so far. I reckon it's a good buy considering there aren't many options. Cuts out most of the heat and fits snug around the window. It's as good as new and I'll surely recommend it for you.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 2nd March 2017 at 15:55.
Old 2nd March 2017, 20:41   #2620
BHPian

My Rapid 1.5 Diesel is not even 25 months old, but the battery has already gone dead.

Service Engineer from TAFE says that I need to replace with 70AH whereas from Vinayak, I here that it should be 66AH.

When I was surfing online, I see that all the websites recommend and sell 60 AH for diesel Rapid.

I am not able to see any specifications in the owner's manual.

I am royally confused. Please help.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 23:01   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
My Rapid 1.5 Diesel is not even 25 months old, but the battery has already gone dead.

Service Engineer from TAFE says that I need to replace with 70AH whereas from Vinayak, I here that it should be 66AH.

When I was surfing online, I see that all the websites recommend and sell 60 AH for diesel Rapid.

Hi,

Rapid comes with 60Ah battery, you an go for the same 60Ah or go for a 74Ah battery which was recommended by my service advisor at Mahavir Hyd. 74Ah usually comes with 30+30 month warranty and noticed slightly quick cranking compared to 60Ah.
sree5999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 18:07   #2622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Guys,

Need your opinion on a dilemma that i am in. Need your inputs as soon as possible if possible, as i have to make a decision very quickly.

I have been offered an almost 2 lac discount on the pre-facelift rapid along with the payment holiday option that Skoda have. This is for the Style Plus Diesel DSG variant.

So in terms of the financials, this is quite an ideal option. Its a july/Aug 2016 manufactured model.

I am planning an upgrade from a 10 year old Santro.

The other option was to wait a few months and get certain financial aspects in order and go for the New Honda City CVT V variant that comes to about 14 lacs on road here in mumbai, whereas i am getting the skoda for about 13.2 lacs

Also, my running is about 30 kms a day in mumbai traffic. So am guessing i don't really need a diesel. But am tempted because of this offer. What would you suggest?
A diesel cheaper than a petrol! I wonder why you're confused?
If you're willing to take risks( IE DSG issues), it isn't an issue. Else look at the Honda!( Considering the fact that most, if not all, issues are sorted!)
Besides, how much is the facelifted Rapid retailing at?
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 09:22   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

Quoting my own post.

Finally I settled with Amaron DIN 66. I came across few discussion on the forum that battery with higher power will last less when compared with the required power or so. Further didn't have time to understand more about this and was not interested to spend 2.8k more on DIN 74 without knowing the real requirement.

In terms of price, the cheapest was 5.2k from carbatteryexpert.com, however I got a sweet deal from a nearby battery shop for 5k which I chose. It was just a 10 minutes job.

For the benefit of all, Amaron calls the 60AH battery as DIN 66 which doesn't mean that its 66AH, instead it is 60AH.

Also the stock battery which got conked off within 25 months was "SE Bang". I haven't heard about this brand before!. Is it a good brand? Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_20170303_100844.jpg  

Last edited by rki2007 : 4th March 2017 at 09:24.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 12:45   #2624
Senior - BHPian

So qoute for DIN74 was 8K ? I had superb experience with Amaron Pro in my swift. I think my Rapids battery will also be giving up soon. It will be completing 2 yrs next month.
Old 4th March 2017, 13:13   #2625
BHPian

DIN 74 was 7.8k after exchange of my old DIN 60 battery with a nearby battery dealer.
rki2007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks