Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2016, 19:21   #2506
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
My Rapid with 98000kms on the odo has developed a weird problem.. The ignition key wouldn't turn after reaching ON position, It won't crank the engine. The worst part, my extended warranty expired on 18th..
Take it to Skoda Workshop and ask them to evaluate the problem and see what all parts need to be changed.

Tell them your extended warranty expired on 18 July and now the car has started giving troubles. Most probably they will do the work under goodwill warranty.
Old 31st July 2016, 23:34   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Hi Folks,

Posting this on behalf of my friend who's planning to buy a Rapid Diesel DSG shortly.
Does the black edition come with slightly different headlight setup when compared to regular editions?
Are they superior? Any insight would be useful in making the final decision.
Thanks in advance.
I own a Rapid Diesel DSG. The headlight assembly is surely different for black edition model. The black edition has a single projector which works for the low beam & high beam. There is a solenoid which shits up and down for this to happen. Whereas in non black editions, the projector only works for low beam and there is a separate bulb in the reflector for high beam. In this setup, the low beam i.e. the projectors dims itself when you switch to high beams.

Regarding superiority, there are numerous debates and articles available which suggests that a single projector is not an very effective solution to be used for both low beam and high beam. That is why many cars either have projector for low beam and normal bulb for high beams or separate projectors i.e. Dual projector setup for low and high beam.

If you ask about my experience, the stock setup in rapid projector contains Halogens which is really ineffective in city and even more so on High ways. I am planning to get HID's installed this month and an upgrade to them is an absolute must in case your friend goes for the Rapid irrespective of whether he goes for black edition or not.

Also one question which comes to my mind is why have such separate setups for different variants of the same car. The only logical reply I can think of is that in the black edition, the blacked out reflectors don't aid in lighting up the road during High beam. And in case this is actually true then, it very well supports the idea that a single projector is not suitable for both high and low beams and the Skoda designer resorted to single projector set up for the Black edition since a Dual Projector setup would have been more expensive.

All said and done, I am truly enjoying my Rapid DSG and would surely recommend Anyone for going with Black Edition Model as well
MadAbtCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 08:36   #2508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Here is the Fuse box diagram as per the Skoda Rapid Owners Manual (not the one from Skoda India website).
Thanks mate for the fuse box diagram.

I have checked the fuse box and realized it's not blown. I think I need to check the voltage discharge using a volt meter and do some thing to fusable link with in the cigarette socket.
Old 3rd August 2016, 17:47   #2509
BHPian

Anyone recently got engine guard for old Rapid (like, 2012 model)? Today I saw something similar at service center (made of hard plastic) and they are quoting 11,000/- (including labor charges).

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-152316.jpg

I think it comes with latest Rapid's and it should be really a good add-on, however wanted to hear from someone who got it installed on old Rapid's.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 12:55   #2510
BHPian

Booked a Skoda Rapid TDI DSG AT, hope to take delivery either today evening or tomorrow.
First time on the AT, any suggestions as to how the Run in should be?
Old 4th August 2016, 14:14   #2511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
My Rapid with 98000kms on the odo has developed a weird problem.. The ignition key wouldn't turn after reaching ON position, It won't crank the engine. Started facing this problem over the past 3-4 days, every time I try to start the car. It randomly works after a few attempts, including locking and taking the key out trying again.
Anyone faced similar issues?
The worst part, my extended warranty expired on 18th..
Hi 1.6,

Have you tried rotating the steering wheel a little while unlocking? This happened with my father as well, he wasn't aware of the steering wheel locking mechanism which gets engaged when you rotate the steering after removing the key. The next time you start it, you have to rotate the steering a bit (either side) for the key to turn in the lock cylinder fully.

If this works, then it is expected behaviour, nothing to worry.

Cheers,
Sid.
Old 4th August 2016, 17:12   #2512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
Booked a Skoda Rapid TDI DSG AT, hope to take delivery either today evening or tomorrow.
First time on the AT, any suggestions as to how the Run in should be?

Congrats cooljai. Welcome to Skoda Rapid family. Since its a DSG, gearshifts are buttersmooth and as such there is no run-in period for VW TDI engines. So go out there an enjoy. Much has been discussed in Skoda Rapid 1.5 DSG thread. Its pretty exhaustive, pls go through the same and enjoy driving.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 19:04   #2513
BHPian

Much has been said about the buttersmooth gear shift of the DSG gearbox. I have test driven and liked it. However i have not driven any other auto box. Whats the difference? Are other auto gear box shifts jerky?
Old 4th August 2016, 19:54   #2514
BHPian

Hey guys, I would like to know the localization percentage of indian made Skoda Rapid?

Considering the cost of spare parts being so high, I feel that the majority parts are being imported?
Old 5th August 2016, 01:07   #2515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Anyone recently got engine guard for old Rapid (like, 2012 model)? Today I saw something similar at service center (made of hard plastic) and they are quoting 11,000/- (including labor charges.
I got the engine guard installed on my 2012 car. The shield came as part of the kit with front carrier (radiator mount) and a host of screws. The kit costed around 10k. So I am assuming that just the shield should cost substantially less.

However, it isn't a straight fit. Requires some 'jugaad' to have the brackets installed on which the shield would be screwed. Typically, ASS would weld the brackets on the chassis and literally screw the entire thing. A competent workshop should be able to handle the installation better.
torque18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 08:49   #2516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
I got the engine guard installed on my 2012 car. The shield came as part of the kit with front carrier (radiator mount) and a host of screws. The kit costed around 10k. So I am assuming that just the shield should cost substantially less.
Is it really helping in any ways?

Quote:
However, it isn't a straight fit. Requires some 'jugaad' to have the brackets installed on which the shield would be screwed. Typically, ASS would weld the brackets on the chassis and literally screw the entire thing. A competent workshop should be able to handle the installation better.
Yes, that's what I was informed off.. Needs some welding and all.
Old 5th August 2016, 11:08   #2517
BHPian

Quote:

Is the engine guard a steel one or a plastic one?
Old 5th August 2016, 13:29   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Is it really helping in any ways.
Mate,

Trust me the engine guard is really helpful. It gives you a sense of safe and relaxed feel when driving on some nasty or slush filled roads (which sometimes are unavoidable).
The car I drive comes with a solid metal full engine guard as part of standard equipment.

Cheers,
Pradeep.
Old 6th August 2016, 17:04   #2519
BHPian

Hi guys, I've just installed the Monte Carlo version headlights in my Fabia, they look really cool and all but I'm facing a peculiar issue..the flash and high beam dont work.
The flash works when the low beam is on, but when I switch to the high beam the solenoid clicks but the light goes off.
Anyone here who's done this and knows how it can be resolved.
It's supposed to be plug and play, but apparently it's not.
Luckily I haven't invested in an hid kit yet, was about to purchase an Osram 4.2kK
Old 6th August 2016, 20:35   #2520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayushnair View Post
Hi guys, I've just installed the Monte Carlo version headlights in my Fabia,
Where did you source the headlights from?
How much did you spend on them?
Also upload a few pics if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks