Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2016, 16:09   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I bought lip spoiler today from wholesale distributor in Kashmiri Gate car market for about 1700 bucks. Will post pics soon.

Plan to paste and not drill.

Wow that's a good deal. Will wait for you to fix and post the pics here.
Old 6th March 2016, 14:19   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
Hi All,

Need help me understand if engine mounts are not covered under extended warranty, my car is 3.3 yr old and 36600 on the ODO.

Today I gave the vehicle for summer camp and complaint about guzz sound when reversing, the SA just called me and told that this is due to the weak engine mount and needs replacement and is not covered under extended warranty(cost 4.5k plus labour).

Got my engine mount (A) replaced and was not covered under extended warranty paid 2078 including labour.
Old 6th March 2016, 19:11   #2418
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Got the rotors and brake pads replaced today at Giriraj Motors, Gurgaon.

Identification of problem : Good.
Time taken : total 4 hrs and 15 minutes: Bad. The whole job should have been completed in one hour, but it took 4.15 hours.
Bill: Rs. 5928, total.

Brake discs: 2,882.70
Brake pads : 1,193.39
VAT: 534.99
Labour:
Installation: 900.00
Bleeding: 250.00
Ser. Tax&cess: 155.75

Total VFM.

After the change, they took a video of the front right side and sent that to Aurangabad, as I had toled them there was a humming sound also coming from the front right.

The mechanics have opined that they they have cleaned the hub and bearing with compressed air, and they did not feel the hub and bearing had any issues with them.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 20:29   #2419
BHPian

Guys,
I have a question, wanted to check how good are coil spring spacers to increase ground clearance of my Rapid?
Is it advisable to go for these?
Whats are the potential issues, will it void any warranties?
Any Rapid owners who have it installed? Any feedback?

Regards,
Hemant
Old 16th March 2016, 10:02   #2420

Hi Guys, my Rapid 1.5D elegance black package, bought in October 2015, has clocked 12000 Kms as of today and performing as good as it did when it was purchased.
I called the service center when ODO clocked 7500 Kms but they said now cars are not required to go for checkup at 7500 Kms. Is that right?
Also want to know what's the cost of first service?
Old 16th March 2016, 12:18   #2421
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatorchirag View Post
Hi Guys, my Rapid 1.5D elegance black package, bought in October 2015, has clocked 12000 Kms as of today and performing as good as it did when it was purchased.
I called the service center when ODO clocked 7500 Kms but they said now cars are not required to go for checkup at 7500 Kms. Is that right?
It's recommended that you have a check done at every 7500 kms given Indian conditions. The cost of my first service was about 8000 Rs with no extras requested.
Old 16th March 2016, 13:57   #2422
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post
Got the rotors and brake pads replaced today at Giriraj Motors, Gurgaon.

Identification of problem : Good.
Time taken : total 4 hrs and 15 minutes: Bad. The whole job should have been completed in one hour, but it took 4.15 hours.
Bill: Rs. 5928, total.
Did the same for my Vento last week. Initially they said due to rush they can deliver the car only the next day. But after the SA had a chat with his senior, said it could be done in 2 hours. So I waited and was out in ~2 hours.

Interestingly it was around 1000 Rs more expensive for me. Not sure if that is the Gurgaon Bangalore price difference for the parts or a Skoda VW difference. I assume both use the exact same rotors.
Old 18th March 2016, 17:13   #2423
BHPian

Any check is always good for the vehicle., though I have not heard about this change in their policy..
Also, right now - a free Skoda summer check camp is going on, at-least in Pune - Check if its available in your city and avail that..

Average PER Service cost is about 8K to 9K,, assuming a regular usage and NO major issues,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatorchirag View Post
Old 18th March 2016, 17:41   #2424
BHPian

Got a mail from my dealer about this summer kit. Looks like a good deal to me. Will check with the dealer about cool box and decide.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-capture.jpg
Old 20th March 2016, 09:47   #2425
BHPian

Had the weirdest of experiences today. Car was low on fuel (well into reserve) and there was a medical emergency at home due to which I had to do a few rounds to a nearby hospital. So, when I stopped at a bunk inbetween, the fuel lid refused to open!
The last fill was a week back during a long drive. Now I am hopelessly stuck until I find a way to manually open the lid. Any suggestions?
I tried calling up Sunil, the SA from Vinayaka Okalipuram, but ofcourse he would not respond on a sunday.
Old 21st March 2016, 10:23   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I bought lip spoiler today from wholesale distributor in Kashmiri Gate car market for about 1700 bucks. Will post pics soon.

Plan to paste and not drill.
Could you please post the pics if its installed already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
Had the weirdest of experiences today. Car was low on fuel (well into reserve) and there was a medical emergency at home due to which I had to do a few rounds to a nearby hospital. So, when I stopped at a bunk inbetween, the fuel lid refused to open!
The last fill was a week back during a long drive. Now I am hopelessly stuck until I find a way to manually open the lid. Any suggestions?
I tried calling up Sunil, the SA from Vinayaka Okalipuram, but ofcourse he would not respond on a sunday.
Did you figure out what the issue was?
Old 26th March 2016, 19:16   #2427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Did you figure out what the issue was?
Talked to the SA over phone and the lock actuator is the suspect. Going to the service center early next week once the spare is available, to get it replaced.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 20:02   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone installed an audio display system with Apple CarPlay in the rapid? I'm desperately looking for one and I was told that Pioneer or kenwood was coming up with one such model, but no news as yet.. Would the ones that Maruti has launched in the baleno and Scross be suitable for the rapid?
Old 26th March 2016, 21:56   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Has anyone installed an audio display system with Apple CarPlay in the rapid? I'm desperately looking for one and I was told that Pioneer or kenwood was coming up with one such model, but no news as yet.. Would the ones that Maruti has launched in the baleno and Scross be suitable for the rapid?
Go for pioneer F70bt. It has both android auto as well as Apple car play
Old 28th March 2016, 11:59   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Go for pioneer F70bt. It has both android auto as well as Apple car play
The website says not compatible with "can-bus" cars? It says only compatible with select Japanese and Korean cars? Anyone tried this for a Vento or Rapid? Steering wheel controls may not work with can bus cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks