Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 19:13   #2386

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

Maintaining the colour will not be a problem because the paint quality is fantastic. Just ensure that no-one does a bucket and one wash cloth wash, and do not employ anyone to wash the car at home. Depending on how dusty the areas where you live and work are, just get the car professionally washed (pressure spray wah, foam spray, micro fibre towel only) once or twice a week and she'll remain gleaming for years.
Thanks for the wishes. I ordered Jopasu kit, Meguiar's micro fibre towel and magnet towel. Your advises on cleaning techniques will be followed.

I will surely post my experiences.
svsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 12:00   #2387
BHPian

I am thinking of changing engine oil to, Shell Helix Ultra 550041109 5W-40 API SN Fully Synthetic Car Engine Oil (4 L) . Wanted to check if anyone has recently shifted to this brand and any feedback? This is for Rapid 1.6 TDI (2012).

Skoda uses Castrol 5W40 Magnatec Pro.

I see Shell Helix Ultra is as good as VW 502.00/505.00. But the manual recommends VW 507.00. Tried confirming with Skoda, they are not aware of any such grades (VW 502.00 / 505.00 / 507.00). Hence checking here.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th February 2016 at 12:11. Reason: Typo (Magnet > Magnatec).
Old 19th February 2016, 21:11   #2388
BHPian

Congratulations Sudhir,
I think You have got a great deal. The car is fantastic, no questions.
I am sure, You will enjoy your new car,, Wish you many miles of happy and safe driving,

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsudhir View Post
Hi Everyone.

Greetings from Hyderabad.

I bought a pre-owned Skoda Rapid. Details below:

Version: 1.6TDI Elegance Manual.
Make: Aug 14.
Date of original purchase: 21-10-2014.
6 month service done: Apr'15 37xx kms.
1 yr service done: Oct'15 67xx kms.
Present ODO: 87xx kms.
Colour: Midnight black.
Extended warranty upto: Oct'19.

Rear view camera, parking sensors, skuff plates, bumper/door guards fitted by the original owner.

My purchase date: 8-2-2016.
Price paid: Rs.8.4L.
Old 19th February 2016, 21:44   #2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
Congratulations Sudhir,
I think You have got a great deal. The car is fantastic, no questions.
I am sure, You will enjoy your new car,, Wish you many miles of happy and safe driving,
Thank you very much for the wishes. I've already bought the Jopasu Kit. I shall post my experiences and shall depend upon owners of Skoda Rapid for advises, do's & don'ts.

Thanks once again.
Old 24th February 2016, 06:32   #2390
BHPian

Talking about solid built, my Rapid DSG has been making some noise from the steering column as if some screws are loose. This is even after being sedated driven on good roads for most of the time. Any pointers?
Old 24th February 2016, 12:10   #2391
BHPian

Do check the storage space in arm rest. I had some coins and my sunglasses which used to create rattle sound as if its coming from the Dashboard. Took me a lot of time to figure this out . May be you have a similar issue ?
Old 25th February 2016, 15:22   #2392
BHPian

Hi All I am looking to get side body cladding & spoiler fitted on my Rapid. In Delhi not able to find any reputable installer and shop to buy the same.

Any suggestions?

I am looking for lip spoiler- https://www.google.co.in/search?q=sk...tb0n1Q5M_jM%3A
Old 26th February 2016, 11:25   #2393
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid facelift coming by this festive season - to look more like the international model.

Quote:
The updated Rapid sedan for India will get sheet metal changes like all-new bonnet, grille, front bumper headlights and fenders
The Rapid will get restyled exteriors and interiors; powerful diesel engine to join in later.
Quote:
the big news is that the 1.5-litre diesel engine which is shared with the Vento will be heavily indigenised with a locally sourced slightly larger turbocharger which will also result in a minor bump in power. This more-powerful diesel engine will see duty in the Rapid a few months after the launch of the facelifted car
Euro -Spec Rapid pic
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 2780
Size:  322.9 KB

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...li-400472.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th February 2016 at 11:42.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 14:58   #2394
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI reports that the upcoming facelifted Rapid 1.5 Diesel will see a minor bump in power figures due to a bigger turbocharger.

Source: ACI

Quote:
The Rapid in India gets the option of a 1.6-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine. However, the big news is that the 1.5-litre diesel engine which is shared with the Vento will be heavily indigenised with a locally sourced slightly larger turbocharger which will also result in a minor bump in power. This more-powerful diesel engine will see duty in the Rapid a few months after the launch of the facelifted car.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20160226110012_skodarapidstyleplus14.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20160226110030_skodarapidstyleplus24.jpg  

Old 26th February 2016, 18:40   #2395
BHPian

Hi Sudhir,

Congrats for a great purchase. The black Panther sure looks elegant, more like a European Diplomat's car.
Happy miles crunching!
Old 26th February 2016, 22:20   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Hi All I am looking to get side body cladding & spoiler fitted on my Rapid. In Delhi not able to find any reputable installer and shop to buy the same.

Any suggestions?

I am looking for lip spoiler- https://www.google.co.in/search?q=sk...tb0n1Q5M_jM%3A
Thanks for raising this, I have been looking for the same lip spoiler with no luck, visited VW showroom to check vento lip spoiler and they have been quoting 5K + charges to get it painted.
Old 27th February 2016, 23:17   #2397

Skoda is working towards launching a facelifted version of the Rapid in our market later this year. First brought to India in 2011, this will be the first major update for the Rapid since launch.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...li-400472.aspx
Common man will mistake it with octavia.
Old 28th February 2016, 00:00   #2398
Senior - BHPian

It is looking like a Sub 4 m in the pics. If it is then it does look good despite being a 4m.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal_Gupta View Post
Common man will mistake it with octavia.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 10:59   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Talking about solid built, my Rapid DSG has been making some noise from the steering column as if some screws are loose. This is even after being sedated driven on good roads for most of the time. Any pointers?
Does the noise come when you're on a road with slight potholes / bumps? Most likely it's your steering rack that is defective and needs to be replaced. Get it checked from the workshop, and ensure you have a good test driver with you. It's a known issue with the Vento / Rapid. Mine was replaced in the first 6 months but have had no issues in the years since.
Old 28th February 2016, 16:48   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Does the noise come when you're on a road with slight potholes / bumps? Most likely it's your steering rack that is defective and needs to be replaced. Get it checked from the workshop, and ensure you have a good test driver with you. It's a known issue with the Vento / Rapid. Mine was replaced in the first 6 months but have had no issues in the years since.
I too am facing a similar problem with my 2014 Rapid MPI. So I am guessing it is a common problem with Rapid owners. Still to figure out a solution. But It sounds like there could either be a problem with the steering rack or something seems to rattle near the engine when driven through a pot hole or a speed bump. But cant get it checked as their is no official workshop in dehradun. Will update once I take it to the Chandigarh workshop and have it checked. But if you guys can resolve the issue before that then please do share the solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks