Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2014, 18:20   #1681
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Has anyone bought a Skoda petrol AT? What is your experience about the car?
Thanks in advance
Ramesh
My girlfriend drives a VW Vento with the same engine and gearbox as the Rapid. To be very honest, the car is perfect for those who drive peacefully, without any urgency. I found the gearbox to be average, as is performance - especially compared to the Vento TSi with the DSG.
Old 1st July 2014, 20:16   #1682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Anyone have any clue on whom I should approach about this? This is the third time I have reported the same issue (Before first service, at first service and now during the free checkup camp).
I sent an email to the Vinayak Skoda Service mail ID on June 26, 2014, informing them that the door beading squeaking issue persists, despite taking the car to them twice to resolve.

Since I haven't received any response yet (not even an auto-response), I assume it is pointless sending a follow-up email.

Would anyone be able to recommend whom I should contact to escalate this request?

I don't want to shout, but would like this resolved once and for all, and soon. It is pretty disappointing driving around in such an expensive car (for me) that squeaks so much. Especially since everything else is so quiet.
Old 2nd July 2014, 19:37   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Try and contact Aiyanna, GM of service.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 14:51   #1684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
The black edition is on its way, that looks to be better than all the earlier ones. Hope they price it right. It is reported by ACI that Black edition might be the last before the face-lift comes.
I am almost decided on this car as my next..

Can anybody confirm, When can it be expected,
My time-frame to book is by end of this month,, delivery expected in a weeks time,

I contacted Skoda Dealer in Pune - they have no information.

Also, there are conflicting rumors of New/European Skoda Rapid being introduced in India, by Mid 2014. There is also a claim that It will NOT - claimed to be verified by some inside info,, Again the Dealer has NO info on this.
Old 4th July 2014, 08:32   #1685
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
A friend in Mumbai is planning to buy the Skoda Rapid - his mind is made on it (inspite of my feedback). Any quick advice on which of the dealer in Mumbai he should approach? How's the general feedback on that dealer?
Old 4th July 2014, 09:14   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
I contacted Skoda Dealer in Pune - they have no information.

Also, there are conflicting rumors of New/European Skoda Rapid being introduced in India, by Mid 2014. There is also a claim that It will NOT - claimed to be verified by some inside info,, Again the Dealer has NO info on this.
The Dealer usually will not share any information (even if he has) on facelifts if there is lot of stock that needs to be cleared. He will do his best to sell you the current stock citing uncertainty or ignorance on the facelifts or limited editions

Rumors are again marketing exercise by the company to capture your interest and hold on till the model arrives. Stop some customers from moving away to competitions with some uncertain and possibly exciting news

If your need is not immediate, then you can wait for the model to come and decide to buy or not. If the need is immediate, you must look at other options unless the expected edition has non-cosmetic changes

Last edited by Vahanam : 4th July 2014 at 09:22.
Vahanam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 11:54   #1687
BHPian

I can wait for 2/3 months, If I know the facelift or new model is definitely being introduced.
I don't want to end up buying now, and in next few months, a facelift or completely new car is launched..

But - as of now there is no reliable information..

Last edited by Hemant_Joshi : 4th July 2014 at 12:12.
Old 8th July 2014, 20:16   #1688

hi

Any one installed HID kit, I got RSR AutoVision HID kit on my 2013 Model Rapid. Not sure its the settings or something else . I'm not satisfied with the range (distance), any ideas???

Thank you
Old 9th July 2014, 10:47   #1689
BHPian

I had heard that the "Ultima" edition will be the last in the current avatar of Rapid with the old design language. Now, there are three versions:

1. A Black Edition is going to be launched and that will be the last. (Any edition is going to last for about 4 months in the market)

2. The Euro-specific Rapid will be brought here after the black edition is sold out.

3. There will be no European Rapid in India. The existing Rapid will undergo design changes and facelift in order to catch up with Skoda's new language.

(I have personally felt that this will be a better bet. See, the European Rapid is a tad bigger, but lacks the premium interior with mismatching grey roof inside and the beige lower. It also lacks the rear AC vent, etc. If the Indian one is modified, I think these anomalies will go, as the existing one has these things already in place).

In the meanwhile in the Octavia thread, there was a mention that Octavia diesel may come later with a 1.6 Ltr mill also. Any update on that with anybody?

Vipin.
Old 9th July 2014, 11:53   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I had heard that the "Ultima" edition will be the last in the current avatar of Rapid with the old design language. Now, there are three versions:

1. A Black Edition is going to be launched and that will be the last. (Any edition is going to last for about 4 months in the market)

2. The Euro-specific Rapid will be brought here after the black edition is sold out.

3. There will be no European Rapid in India. The existing Rapid will undergo design changes and facelift in order to catch up with Skoda's new language.

(I have personally felt that this will be a better bet. See, the European Rapid is a tad bigger, but lacks the premium interior with mismatching grey roof inside and the beige lower. It also lacks the rear AC vent, etc. If the Indian one is modified, I think these anomalies will go, as the existing one has these things already in place).
eagerly waiting for any news/update on Rapid...
I am sitting on the fence to hear about the EURO Rapid,,

Black edition is just another tweak, like a Maruti job - put some sticker, and couple of silly / useless - cosmetic only changes and release/market it as NEW.
Old 9th July 2014, 18:39   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
eagerly waiting for any news/update on Rapid...
I am sitting on the fence to hear about the EURO Rapid,,
Yes. I fully agree with you. There will not be anything substantially new in the Black Edition, especially if it comes just before the New Rapid.

Look at it from this point of view: Rapid is priced a tad lower than the Vento and that (partly) brings a good number of sales to the Skodas. If a typical customer takes a look at both the cars in India, he/she will be lured by the sheer interior quality of the Vento. So, do you think Skoda will jeopardize this market equations by bringing a Rapid which is a little bigger in dimension, cost, etc, to replace the existing one? (This is my doubt also). The Skoda can indeed bring a 1.6D Octavia instead.

I have also heard that it will be a facelift to the existing Rapid that will be coming. And it will resemble the European Rapid in exterior looks, etc. You will also probably see that the side-looks of the Rapid with quarter glass, etc (though look-a-like a Vento) is elegant enough even now.

If you can wait for a couple of months, you can get the new Rapid anyway. It is my suggestion that it will be better to stay away from buying the current Rapid. Anyway (both in Euro and in Indian facelift) the front grill-design is going to change, and I can bet that in no time the old grill will look old itself. The grill will be the first thing to diminish its looks and market value and declare that "I belong to the old generation".

I know, Vento's driving dynamics may not be at par with Rapid's. But I also don't know whether Vento is also coming up with a facelift. Otherwise it is a very good buy.

I am also waiting for a clarity on these only. After driving a Ford, I need a good steering, pliant ride, remarkable build-quality, etc. Fiat Linea does not fit because of the poor interior and low-powered mill and the new generation Ford Fiesta never came to my taste. So I always thought the Rapid as the best bet right now. Many times the dealer rings me up and I insist on news about the New Rapid; and as per their job, they show ignorance.

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 9th July 2014 at 18:46.
Old 9th July 2014, 20:01   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I am also waiting for a clarity on these only. After driving a Ford, I need a good steering, pliant ride, remarkable build-quality, etc. Fiat Linea does not fit because of the poor interior and low-powered mill and the new generation Ford Fiesta never came to my taste. So I always thought the Rapid as the best bet right now. Many times the dealer rings me up and I insist on news about the New Rapid; and as per their job, they show ignorance.
I am decided on Skoda Rapid Diesel, just that - with news of impending facelift, I have decided to wait for some time - dont know, how long will it take for the facelift,
Test drove Fiat Linea and Ford EcoSports - did not feel right for me, both look to be under powered, heavy to move and was not ok with these.
Also Drove Honda City - not this also for me, also noticed - the engine was very noisy and did not like the new look..

Verna and Vento are close,, Verna is my 2nd in list,
Between Rapid and Vento - I prefer Rapid,, nothing against Vento - but, felt Skoda to be a better built car,,
Old 9th July 2014, 20:36   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Also Drove Honda City - not this also for me, also noticed - the engine was very noisy and did not like the new look..

Verna and Vento are close,, Verna is my 2nd in list,
Between Rapid and Vento - I prefer Rapid,, nothing against Vento - but, felt Skoda to be a better built car,,
Last week I also took a look at the new Honda City Diesel. The sunroof, the leg-room, the gadgets, reverse camera, etc, are exciting and quite fantastic, but just moving that gear knob in the neutral itself was enough for me to say "no". Such a big car with a such a light gear system...! It is not "rough and tough", and with light-feeling equipment around, I won't feel comfortable in cornering and throwing around, and confident in accelerating on the highways -- this is what I have felt personally (and no offense intended to Honda fans/owners).

I think there is a sea of difference between Rapid and Verna, on ride, handling, rear-seat comfort, and so on. There was also an issue of the Autocar magazine way back in 2011 that compared Verna with Vento, and strongly recommended the latter, I believe. Vento however will not be as straight and pliant as Rapid on highways...

Anyway, waiting is definitively going to be rewarding...

Vipin.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 9th July 2014 at 20:39.
Old 12th July 2014, 21:04   #1694
BHPian

I am also looking to buy Skoda Rapid but the facelift is luring me all the time. Got a call from the sales team about the new offers on Skoda Rapid. For the record they are offering a skoda rapid diesel at the cost of skoda rapid petrol. So the cost of Rapid Elegance Diesel top of the line comes down to 867000(ex-showroom) and with zero dep insurance, extended warranty and registration it comes to 968000. Along with it a low interest rate of 6.6 % for 3 year 5 lakh. loan. Thus makes the offer too good. Even if the new skoda rapid is released I would have already enjoyed the discounts offered.
I now need the expert opinion of my fellow Bhpian's on whether to wait or buy it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Venky, Last time I checked with Vinayak skoda, they had only Ultima cars with them. They told that the normal MY14 cars might be available from August. AFAIK, the Ultima cars carry only some cosmetic changes which I guess, is added at the dealer level. Not 100% sure about this, others can confirm. I didn't check with TAFE Access, hence not sure what the situation is over there.
Yes it is true the ultima is nothing but a cosmetic package and it is done at the dealers end. Skoda provides them kits. I have seen the kits myself in the skoda showroom in chandigarh. The salesman told me that I can even buy an elegance model with or without ultima kit as per my wish.
The ultima kit contains-
1. Leatherette Seat Covers
2. Skuff-Plates
3. Navigation System.
4. Ultima Badging
5. Side- Rubber Beeding
IMHO one must go for a normal model and not with the ultima kit.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 12th July 2014 at 22:00. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts
Old 13th July 2014, 11:47   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
I am also looking to buy Skoda Rapid but the facelift is luring me all the time. Got a call from the sales team about the new offers on Skoda Rapid. For the record they are offering a skoda rapid diesel at the cost of skoda rapid petrol. So the cost of Rapid Elegance Diesel top of the line comes down to 867000(ex-showroom) and with zero dep insurance, extended warranty and registration it comes to 968000. Along with it a low interest rate of 6.6 % for 3 year 5 lakh. loan. Thus makes the offer too good.
Sunilsoft,
That's a great offer - 1 question,
Is this an official Skoda Offer - available across India, or, its just this particular Dealer - thats offering you this,, If you can specify which dealer - Will help me check with Pune Dealer...

I am looking to buy Rapid - but, am deferring my decison - keeping the facelift in mind,
However - from whatever the Buzz is, the facelift is certainly, NOT, the European Rapid - Which I was hoping, Just some cosmetic changes - BLACK Edition. But, there seems to be certainity that the Current 1.6 Engine will be replaced with a 1.5 Diesel,,

If I get this offer (Diesel vehice for current Petrol price) in Pune - I will book my Rapid right now,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks