Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 09:16   #1771
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post
I too am hoping that a 4 month old car is acceptable. Can anyone share their views/experience on this?

What is your opinion about the alleged space killer floor hump? And how has your buying experience. My experience buying the car till now has been just about OK! But the dealer has offered a lot of freebies, especially since I am financing it through Skoda Finance.
Rear space seems adequate enough for our needs. Very rarely would we need the space for a 5th passenger in the car; so the rear hump wasn't an issue at all.

Pre-sales dealer experience: Aside from the dealer experience shared in the earlier posts, I have felt dealing with the dealer a pain and an experience filled with anxiety what with them wasting your time with stunts like making appointments to send and get signed VW finance documents & not coming at all (happened 2 days in a row). If it wasn't bad enough canceling appointments after keeping us waiting, the SA had a natural ability to lie through his teeth. One day, it was a delivery of a car that resulted in non communicativeness and then eventually canceling of the appointment. The second day, it was apparently the VW finance kit being delayed in transit owing to the delivery boy's motorcycle troubles! Guess that is part of Delhi culture; to lie shamelessly and pay scant respect to other people's time.

Post sales dealer experience: Duplicate key not yet handed over. The documents for the car such as the original invoice totaling up to the amount paid is still missing. The RTO tax receipt is still pending even as we drive illegally till the time we get the RC. Battery warranty card also not yet provided.

All the promised accessories were provided; this being the only high point of the dealer experience.

The car seems to drive well and that is the only source of joy from Skoda so far. Otherwise it has been one anxious, time consuming & negative experience.

Please do share your experience as well. Also, I would request experienced members to compile some sort of a checklist of procedure to ensure the dealer doesn't jerk the customer around along the lines mentioned above. It will help prevent wastage of a lot of productive time.
IMeMyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 13:17   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMeMyself View Post
Post sales dealer experience: Duplicate key not yet handed over. The documents for the car such as the original invoice totaling up to the amount paid is still missing. The RTO tax receipt is still pending even as we drive illegally till the time we get the RC. Battery warranty card also not yet provided.

All the promised accessories were provided; this being the only high point of the dealer experience.

The car seems to drive well and that is the only source of joy from Skoda so far. Otherwise it has been one anxious, time consuming & negative experience.

Please do share your experience as well. Also, I would request experienced members to compile some sort of a checklist of procedure to ensure the dealer doesn't jerk the customer around along the lines mentioned above. It will help prevent wastage of a lot of productive time.
So far, the sales guy who was dealing with me quit the company mid-way for personal reasons and the new sales guy just doesn't seem that committed(maybe cause this sale wot be affecting his bonus) also the dealer hasn't given me the greatest of discounts, only Rs 8000, plus a free, car cover, mud flaps and foot mats. Nothing else. I a, getting the 5 year warrant, RSA and 0% dep courtesy my loan from Skoda Finance.

All in all not a a very confidence instilling experience from Skoda, but nothing adverse either. Keeping my fingers crossed

Th Elegance MPI is costing me Rs 9,23000/- on road inclusive of everything. Am paying too much or could I have gotten a better deal? How much has the Ambition Plus variant cost you on road? Again Parking sensors as an accessory is not available with them and will only be installed in Oct once it arrives at the dealership that too at a charge not free.

Apparently the Face lifted Rapid is due in Oct so the dealers are clearing their stock as also offering a one lakh rupee discount if you buy the 2013 MAKE Rapid.
Old 6th September 2014, 13:35   #1773
BHPian

I got what on the surface looks like a decent deal (ignoring the fact it is a 4 month old car). I got it for Rs. 8 L. The current campaign that is on for another 4 days has the offer of paying only the ex-showroom price. As per this, the Ambition + is Rs. 8.14 L; that means the discount I got is Rs. 14k. But then I didn't get any zero depreciation insurance despite the loan being from VW Finance which would have costed Rs. 8k. So, looks like both our discounts are similar.

What's the ex-showroom price of the Elegance MPI variant? The difference between that and your price of Rs. 9.23 L would show you the cushion the dealer operated with.

Despite this, the dealer would have at least another Rs. 20k extra margin. I got an invoice of Rs. 6.93 L. Of the remaining Rs. 1.07 L, the registration & insurance, parking charges & the illegal handling charges add up to much less from where the extra margin of Rs. 20k comes from.

Didn't hear anything about any offer on MY2013 cars.

[/QUOTE=devil_in_flesh;3524886] also the dealer hasn't given me the greatest of discounts, only Rs 8000, plus a free, car cover, mud flaps and foot mats. Nothing else. I a, getting the 5 year warrant, RSA and 0% dep courtesy my loan from Skoda Finance.

Th Elegance MPI is costing me Rs 9,23000/- on road inclusive of everything. Am paying too much or could I have gotten a better deal?

[/quote]

Last edited by IMeMyself : 6th September 2014 at 13:41. Reason: deleted extra quotes
Old 6th September 2014, 13:58   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
What's the ex-showroom price of the Elegance MPI variant? The difference between that and your price of Rs. 9.23 L would show you the cushion the dealer operated with.
[/quote]

The ex-showroom cost is 8.71 + 40k registration+ zero dep, 9500 appox+ 5000 handling chrges. Total comes up to around 9,23000/-

The ex-showroom offer is not available here in Dehradun.

Check out the link to the face lifted Rapid. http://overdrive.in/news/2014-skoda-...ia-in-october/
devil_in_flesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 15:23   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I remember you were pitting the Zest against Rapid. But with this experience, what made you rule out the Zest.
Old 6th September 2014, 15:54   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I remember you were pitting the Zest against Rapid. But with this experience, what made you rule out the Zest.
No doubt it's a leap of faith going with the Skoda. We are going into this knowing fully well (through both first hand & second experiences) of the potential horrors we might face.of getting an unreliable car along with an unreliable A.S.S.

But the allure of the handling of the Rapid was too much to resist. Ultimately, the experience of the TDs of the two cars was too much to ignore. Between the two of us, we had 6 TDs of the Zest (3 at Malls, 3 at the dealership with 1 of them being the Diesel one) and 4 TDs of the Rapid. This in addition to TDs of Fiat T-jet (ruled out because of low fuel efficiency & no comparable safety features within the budget) & Ford Fiesta (ruled out as the Ambiente variant was not available that had the needed basic safety features & also for the fact that we really didn't need a diesel). Hyundai Xcent, Honda Amaze also didn't make the shortlist because of their handling. Suzuki Dzire was a shortlist which was then rejected in favour of the Zest.

The initial experience seemed reasonable with Skoda but over time the Skoda experience revealed its true colours (I believe if the VW group's brand & customer service managers back in Germany were to have the Japanese sensitivity of losing face, they would have comitted hara-kiri a long time back).

Problem with the Zest was that they simply took too long to even indicate accurate dates leave alone commit to them. I suppose the ready availability of the desired vehicle made the decision for us.
IMeMyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 18:22   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Folks! On September 30 2014, Skoda Auto India shall launch the 1.5L TDI DSG Rapid.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-10647200_10152376228926234_647232738981551551_n.jpg

Quote:
Skoda Auto India will launch the Rapid with the new 1.5-liter TDI engine on September 30. The engine, which made its debut on the refreshed Polo a couple of months ago, will replace the 1.6-liter four-cylinder TDI engine currently seen on the Rapid diesel.
IAB

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 19:44   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the news, but what is the use of posting that picture ?

Do we have any news about the model or version of the DSG ?
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 20:13   #1779
BHPian

Got 61K kms service done today. Car still holds on good

She will complete 2 year around mid of October (next month).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I have a similar issue after I moved to Hella Dynaedge wipers. Excessive noise at times and streak marks. Planning to do a thorough wash of the windshield and see if it helps, else will revert to the Original Skoda wipers.

I think in your case, it is to do with the wiper blades. Since you have already cleaned the glass surface. Try to avoid changing the front glass, since the year of manufacture is mentioned on the glass, you may have to convince a keen potential buyer that it has not been replaced in an accident.

Anther option is to take it to windshield experts. They usually have a solution for windshields which have minor scratches.
Have started using Meguiar's Glass Cleaner and it has helped a bit.
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140906_19_26_22_pro.jpg

Checked with wiper connector spring's, they appear to be fine.

Yes, replacing glass will be the last resort. Hence I did not agree with the options suggested by Skoda Service folks.
Old 6th September 2014, 20:51   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

Have started using Meguiar's Glass Cleaner and it has helped a bit.

Checked with wiper connector spring's, they appear to be fine.

Yes, replacing glass will be the last resort. Hence I did not agree with the options suggested by Skoda Service folks.
Can you please share the service cost with break up?
Old 6th September 2014, 20:57   #1781
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What all were replaced apart from the regular oil and filters? Could you please post the snap of the bill here? I am assuming this is going to be similar for the Vento as well.

Quote:
61k in under 2 years! That is a LOT of driving.
Old 6th September 2014, 21:18   #1782
BHPian

Attaching snapshot of service invoice

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-service.jpg
Old 8th September 2014, 15:22   #1783
BHPian

finally booked my Rapid Elegance TDI - C.Biege, today,
Should take delivery on 25th Sept,
Hemant_Joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 15:40   #1784
BHPian

A year and 2 months down the line 8500 extremely km's clocked! FE in city 12-13
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_20140906_155057.jpg  

KevinP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 16:28   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Folks! On September 30 2014, Skoda Auto India shall launch the 1.5L TDI DSG Rapid.

Attachment 1283723

IAB

Thanks
This picture is of MY2014 Rapid which was posted sometime end of last year.

Check out this link -
Skoda Rapid MY2014
achopraa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks