Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 22:38   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nano : Test Drive & Review

@dhawald3, that looks cool. Makes the Nano stand out, yet not overly done. Also the black colour makes the window area look larger than it is, altering the perception. Excellent work.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 08:48   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee
@dhawald3, that looks cool. Makes the Nano stand out, yet not overly done. Also the black colour makes the window area look larger than it is, altering the perception. Excellent work.
Thank you, I am in the process of finalising the design for the front and back, it wiill be a departure from the standard stripes that people use. Will post it when it is done.
Old 30th August 2012, 20:15   #213
BHPian

Hi guys,

I just thought about posting an update regarding my Nano. I've been owning it for two years, right from August 2010 and just got it back after the 4th service. The ownership experience has been wonderful though the A.S.S was totally bad in the beginning but now, they've been really good with timely service and proper follow ups. It did give one or two rattles in the past 6 months but its all back to normal again. Driving this car within the city has been a joy indeed, infact, I find this car more fun to drive within the city than my Wagon-R. Reasons being the car is very nimble to drive, good low end torque and picks up till 60kmph very well, great Air-con, good fuel efficiency and the steering seems very direct which adds to the fun. Space is one amazing aspect. The best part has been the maintenance costs! I've just spent Rs.275 in two years and the 13,500 kms i've run!!

Coming to the negatives, first and the foremost, lack of a glovebox (thank god its being made available by TML now), the lack of Left ORVM, the clutch acts weird at times, lack of proper provision for an Audio system, a little tight steering while at parking speeds (<5kmph), refinement could have been better and that the suspension could have been a tad more suppler.

My ownership review - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ce-update.html

Overall, this is one great little car with amazing space, peppy engine, good FE, great driving position, pretty good stability at speeds, very good Air-con - what not to be your ride for city runs and occasional highway runs too, plus, I find it pretty fun to drive too, feels like a "tall" go cart!!

To top it off, the best part has been the maintenance costs! Its been a mouthwatering 2 paise/ km!!
If you have a pretty good service center, then there's nothing to worry about this little car. Know the nano and it'l serve you extremely well.
freakmuzik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 10:56   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
To top it off, the best part has been the maintenance costs! Its been a mouthwatering 2 paise/ km
I agree with all the points you mentioned here. However, it looks like you did not change engine oil and other consumables at 1 year service, whereas I was recommended that change.
Can you/anyone clarify?
Old 1st September 2012, 11:04   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I agree with all the points you mentioned here. However, it looks like you did not change engine oil and other consumables at 1 year service, whereas I was recommended that change.
Can you/anyone clarify?
Hi avingodb, ofcourse I did change the oil and all other consumables during both the 3rd and 4th service. But all these costs were covered in the AMC plan. I got it complimentary from TML (don't know how though, just received a letter from them). I've posted the photos of the pages from my AMC booklet about the different types of AMC and what all they cover. The AMC is pretty cheap too, starting from around Rs 2,000 for the Silver Care Pack.

Cheers!
Old 1st September 2012, 11:07   #216
Senior - BHPian

As its a known news that Karl Slym has taken over as the top man one of his tasks is to reposition Nano as a "cheerful" car.

What exactly is meant by "Cheerful" car? I mean i want to know from others what "cheerful" means to you.

To me I would feel cheerful if the car is reliable and does not break-down on long trips.
Old 1st September 2012, 11:13   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I got complimentary AMC from TML
That explains it. Had not read your ownership thread in detail. Lucky you to get complementary AMC.
Old 1st September 2012, 11:48   #218
jp1
BHPian

When I got mine in the first week of August, the dealer has included a 3 year AMC, but charged 3k for it. That includes all consumables for the 3 years, which means you need not spent on anything for the next 3 years when availing service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
That explains it. Had not read your ownership thread in detail. Lucky you to get complementary AMC.
Old 1st September 2012, 12:09   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
When I got mine in the first week of August, the dealer has included a 3 year AMC, but charged 3k for it. That includes all consumables for the 3 years, which means you need not spent on anything for the next 3 years when availing service.
Is it not 3 years or 20k kms, whichever comes first? If you do 20k kms before the third year is up, you may not get a 3rd service under the contract.
Old 1st September 2012, 13:44   #220
BHPian

Just called up Concorde Motors, Cochin to know all the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Is it not 3 years or 20k kms, whichever comes first? If you do 20k kms before the third year is up, you may not get a 3rd service under the contract.
If you were charged Rs 3,000, I guess it should be the "Silver Care" package. Please do confirm. If its the silver care package, it then covers only the schedule maintenance expenses in the interval of 10,000 km services. And I doubt its 3 years or 20,000 kms. That also means, even if you've not covered 20,000 kms in 3 years, you can avail AMC for the 5th service too. Please do confirm this too.

The Gold care package cost Rs.5000 and upwards, based on the number of years you choose - that's what concorde told me. Its available for upto 4 years I guess. This package covers schedule maintenance costs plus any other issues that pop up in the AMC period, unlike the Silver Care AMC.

The Platinum care package covers everything of what Gold care covers plus Battery and Tyre replacement. Concorde motors do not know the cost of this as they've never given a Platinum care AMC to any customer yet!!!

One shocking thing I got to hear from them is that, since I had a Silver Care for 2years/20,000 km till date, I won't be able to avail Gold or Platinum packages hereafter! Have to confirm with my A. S. S though. Plus one should opt for the AMC within 1 year/ 10,000 km from the date of purchase. If you've already opted, then a fresh AMC can be taken when the old one expires.

Cheers!
freakmuzik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 17:33   #221
BHPian

I wish to know how does Nano perform on steep inclines, some people say it runs out of breath. but I have also read that due to the rear wheel drive it is better on the hills compared to other low cost cars.

what is true?, please share your experiences.
Old 9th September 2012, 20:11   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawald3
I wish to know how does Nano perform on steep inclines, some people say it runs out of breath. but I have also read that due to the rear wheel drive it is better on the hills compared to other low cost cars.

what is true?, please share your experiences.
I have taken it on all the parking ramps in the city, never faced a problem. People on this thread have even taken their Nanos to Ooty
Old 10th September 2012, 08:26   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawald3 View Post
I know friends who have taken Nano to Munnar with out any issues. For inspiration, please read the blog.
http://tatanano.com/nad/
Quote:
Thomas Chacko and his Nano cover 26500km in 78 days.

A 63-year-old Kochi based motoring enthusiast, Mr. Thomas Chacko started his national expedition, on a Tata Nano, from Mumbai on May 3, 2012, and has successfully completed his 78-day long dream journey project on July 21, 2012. He covered 26,500 kms, covering all of India’s state capitals and its union territories, visiting over 100 towns and cities in India and in the process shattering all the myths associated with Tata’s little wonder.

Last edited by bblost : 10th September 2012 at 11:33. Reason: embedded the video
Old 10th September 2012, 17:23   #224
BHPian

with some googling I found this

Delhi-to-ladakh-and-back-in-a-nano

Best car for the Himalayas
Old 12th September 2012, 15:53   #225
MHG
BHPian

Can owners please comment, as to how is nano's braking capabilities ? How does it respond to sudden and/or panic braking situations ? Has anyone tried retrofitting disc brakes in place of the default drums at the front ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks