Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2015, 23:45   #2191
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Ertiga top-end is available at 11L;
Innova top-end us around 15L IIRC. Quality of materials etc will vary somewhat.
Innova top-end is around 19.75L in bangalore. Its not fair to compare Ertiga Vs Innova when you are almost paying double the amount for Innova. Its like comparing Dzire Vs Corolla Altis, isn't?

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-snap1.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 19:03   #2192
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Well what, do you need an engine that will let the car cruise comfortably at 160kmph? Come on mate, you should post considerable figures compared to this thing. Not claiming that the engine is a powerhouse, but I guess you are expecting too much. What did you replace the ertiga with? Innova?
Well, my brother has a swift VDI. I know the turbo set up is different and car dimensions too matter but that engine feels less strained. It's hard to explain.
And please note you should be in proper mental state and good physical health overall for long distance driving.

I strongly advise everyone to follow the prescribed speed limits.
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:58   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Innova top-end is around 19.75L in bangalore. Its not fair to compare Ertiga Vs Innova when you are almost paying double the amount for Innova. Its like comparing Dzire Vs Corolla Altis, isn't?
You are absolutely right. These are two different beasts. And as it happens, I seem to own both (like a number of other T-BHPians). Over a period of time the usage pattern has settled down to

Myself- Innova. Always. Most times its self-driven. Occasionally, for long rides, I have our driver with me.

Wife- Loves the Ertiga and dislikes Innova's heavy hydraulic steering.

Kid- Wants to sit ONLY in the Innova. Of course, he does not have to drive and goes only by the "comfort he feels", so there you have it.

Ertiga is a smooth, trouble free car that is easy with live with though. You have to accept its limitations and once you have done that, you will have peace in life. Maruti is no longer "frugal" to maintain though- compared to Innova.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 3rd March 2015 at 20:59. Reason: minor typos
Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 08:34   #2194
BHPian

I have a strange observation to make. My Ertiga’s MID shows 16.5 kmpl in city conditions when tank is full. As the fuel goes down so does the average from 16.5 to 16.3 to 16.1. As soon as I fill the fuel the average again goes up.
Has anybody experienced this? Does the fuel level has got to do anything with the average shown on the MID?
Old 4th March 2015, 10:15   #2195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCarNi View Post

Has anybody experienced this? Does the fuel level has got to do anything with the average shown on the MID?
Never experienced this till date. But AFAIK, there is no direct connection between fuel level and MID readings.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 17:00   #2196
BHPian

Hi

I thought it is pertinent for me to post that my car went through a recent gasket replacement. The full details are there on my thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...unting-16.html

I was wondering if others have needed such a thing.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 11:17   #2197
BHPian

A quick question for Ertiga owners or in general Suzuki owners; My brother is buying an Ertiga (petrol, top-end) and wants to know whether is it worth spending some 8-9K on extended warranty? Recommended? We have all through been Tata car buyers and know little about the Suzuki world.

Last edited by ambujlal : 16th March 2015 at 11:19.
Old 17th March 2015, 10:30   #2198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
A quick question for Ertiga owners or in general Suzuki owners; My brother is buying an Ertiga (petrol, top-end) and wants to know whether is it worth spending some 8-9K on extended warranty? Recommended? We have all through been Tata car buyers and know little about the Suzuki world.
IMHO, it is always beneficial to go for extended warranty, irrespective of manufacturer. Your brother should go for it.
mobix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 17:05   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Always go in for the extended warranty. Gives peace of mind and holds its value in resale.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 14:07   #2200
BHPian

Completed one year of ownership yesterday! So far so good!!

No problems but need your advice though. Should I go for fourth service now or wait till 20K KMS as per the manual? Did wheel balancing/alignment at 15500 KMS. The oil level is also good I believe. What do you guys say?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20150318_071935.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20150318_072202.jpg  

Old 19th March 2015, 16:21   #2201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Should I go for fourth service now or wait till 20K KMS as per the manual? Did wheel balancing/alignment at 15500 KMS. The oil level is also good I believe. What do you guys say?
"Interval: This interval should be judged by odometer km (x1000) 1 5 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 reading or months, whichever comes first"

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-service-interval.png

To remain in good books of MSIL's Database for any future claims for Warranty, it is always best to adhere to this interval which can either be ODO or Months.

In your case, the 4th service will be at 24th Month or when the ODO is 20K Kms, whichever comes first.

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th March 2015 at 16:26.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 16:39   #2202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
"Interval: This interval should be judged by odometer km (x1000) 1 5 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 reading or months, whichever comes first"

To remain in good books of MSIL's Database for any future claims for Warranty, it is always best to adhere to this interval which can either be ODO or Months.

In your case, the 4th service will be at 24th Month or when the ODO is 20K Kms, whichever comes first.
Parag,I was aware of this interval (20K KMS or 24 months). But if you refer to the first photo, the ODO reading is 16K+in one year). My specific question was, should I wait till 20K or go for 4th servicing now to have that peace of mind. On the safer side, I did W/B, W/A and checking the oil levels every 10 days or so.
Old 19th March 2015, 16:57   #2203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Parag,I was aware of this interval (20K KMS or 24 months). But if you refer to the first photo, the ODO reading is 16K+in one year). My specific question was, should I wait till 20K or go for 4th servicing now to have that peace of mind. On the safer side, I did W/B, W/A and checking the oil levels every 10 days or so.
I got your point and responded looking at the ODO reading only .

You need not have to go for 4th Service now is the simple answer. Do that when you hit the 20K mark and if you don't hit that before 24 months, get the 4th service done on the 24th month.

4th Service will be either at 20K for 24 months - Whichever comes first.

Honestly speaking, you need not worry much for the running you do.

I have clocked 45K in 16 months and in my case only the ODO reading comes first before the month and after the free service, I have been visiting the ASC every 10K Kms.

In between, I regularly clean the Air Filter and check oil levels only during long journeys before the first crank in the morning.
Old 19th March 2015, 16:59   #2204
BANNED

Quote:

How many months would it take for you to complete the 4K kms?

If the time taken is long then I suggest you get the second service done irrespective of the Kms clocked as the servicing schedule days 20K kms or 24 months - "Whichever is earlier".
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 17:18   #2205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
How many months would it take for you to complete the 4K kms?

If the time taken is long then I suggest you get the second service done irrespective of the Kms clocked as the servicing schedule days 20K kms or 24 months - "Whichever is earlier".
Where did the Second service come from now? Isn't the question specific to 4th Service here?

From my understanding, he's asking whether he should wait for 20K on the ODO or get that 4th Service done "now" for "Peace of mind". And I am sure he's already got the 1st, 2nd and 3rd free service done.

Or am I confused here??

That "Whichever is earlier" part, I think he is aware and I too have put the pic of the schedule/Interval.

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th March 2015 at 17:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks