Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 09:13   #2131
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Good move by Maruti. A large number of early-gen Innova owners (like me) will probably start looking for replacements from 2015-16 onwards. Many of them (again, like me, sigh !) will probably be unable, or unwilling to pay 17+ L for the new Innova. This new 1.6 L AMT Ertiga at 12 L on-road may be a perfect replacement for that.

More power to Maruti! Now if only it came with ESP and side airbags (and wishes were horses ). But I would recommend a ZDI+ variant with leather AMT, ESP, side airbags and leather seats. That will a serious city car+ mile muncher.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 23rd December 2014 at 09:14.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 01:04   #2132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
WOW!!! Boy this should surely shake up things in the segment especially with the Diesel + AT + 7 seats combination. Currently one has to buy the Fortuner/Pajero Sport to avail of one. Boy if this is true good times surely lie ahead for Maruti! Hope Honda and Toyota follow suit and offer automatics for the Mobilio and Innova.

Who knows how my decision to buy the Innova would have panned out if I had known this then

Over to Renault now for the Lodgy! Are you listening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
What a news! Even today, with current design/feature/engine list, Ertiga is a better buy than many competitors (including Mobilio). With the options of 1.6 ltr engine and auto-trany for diesel (even though AMT), this will make the LUV most desirable and sought-after car in this price range-no doubt!
Also, can someone confirm if the petrol unit gets 4 speed auto box like Ciaz? or will this be AMT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Ertiga facelift is rumoured to be getting a 1.6-litre diesel engine, an AMT with the 1.3-litre diesel engine and a conventional automatic transmission with the 1.4-litre petrol engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
Yes, Yes, YES! Bring in the A/T, Maruti!

Please add side airbags too and this will be the PERFECT car for the Indian family.
  1. Small enough to be nimble in city and return good mileage
  2. A/T or AMT for driving convenience
  3. Three rows of seating to carry seven people when needed
  4. Diesel economy for high mileage families
  5. Maruti's reliable and widespread ASS
  6. Front and side airbags for safety (the only thing missing once A/T comes)

With A/T and six/eight airbags MUL can revolutionise the family hauler market in India like Chrysler did with the minivan in the US.
Totally 200% agree with all above comments, 7 seater automatic with airbags would set things on fire!! Time for lodgy, Mobilio n Innova (already coming in 2016?) to do the same soon!

Last edited by Hvt77 : 4th January 2015 at 01:05. Reason: clarifying
Old 5th January 2015, 14:25   #2133
BHPian

Did anyone check the information with dealer/MSIL for 2nd year anniversary version Ertiga chrome grill (slotted grill)? paragsachania?
BTW, It is not part of MGA.
Old 8th January 2015, 08:58   #2134
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga facelift pics surfaces with new grill and front bumper.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-b6xkm7xcaaeydtk.jpg

Source: Gaadiwaadi
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 10:56   #2135
Senior - BHPian

MSIL should offer the Ertiga with captain seats in the middle row as an option. Most buyers of the Ertiga use the car as a 4 - 5 seater and this option will have many takers.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 18:18   #2136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Attachment 1325269

Source: Gaadiwaadi
From the front view, it highly resembles Honda CRV. the grill is very similar to CRV
Old 8th January 2015, 21:52   #2137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Bumper and the grill seemsl to be inspired from the Ciaz whereas those chrome accents in the fog lamp housing seem to be inspired from the New-Swift.
Old 9th January 2015, 02:13   #2138
BHPian

Personally, I will believe that this is indeed a facelift only and I repeat only if I see some STICKERS or DECALS on the body. I won't be impressed even if Maruti were to plonk a new engine under the hood or completely change the car's shell. All I want are those colourful, abstract stickers.
Old 9th January 2015, 06:25   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone check the information with dealer/MSIL for 2nd year anniversary version Ertiga chrome grill (slotted grill)? paragsachania?
BTW, It is not part of MGA.
I did but did not get postive answer. Yet to hear back from them

They export thousands of ertiga with these grill to Indonesia . So the part should be available freely. I wonder
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 06:39   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone check the information with dealer/MSIL for 2nd year anniversary version Ertiga chrome grill BTW, It is not part of MGA.
This is the Suzuki Sporty sold in Indonesia, manufactured by Marutiin India. The chrome grill resembles that of Dzire.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertigasportyonsaleinindonesia.jpg
And this is the rebadged Mazda VX-1 in Indonesia.
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-mazdavx1indonesia_zps5041cbe2.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th January 2015 at 22:19. Reason: image tag issue corrected, thanks
rajeev k is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 17:49   #2141
Distinguished - BHPian

Rouf Rails

Had always been looking forward to experience the Rouf Rails for the Ertiga that I finally got a chance to inspect the quality of the rails and the overall fitting itself.

I had long back written a mail to Rouf Rails and they never responded. This one had arrived at the ASC for a regular service and I chanced upon it.

Ever since I saw this few months back, I have always had a liking for this product more for its aesthetics than the utility aspects as I myself would be the last person to load the roof anywhere I go. In fact, I still wonder if at all it was worth spending so much (I have heard it costs between 14-16k!) for these.

Here are the pictures of the same:

Quite aerodynamically designed that doesn't really intrude into the otherwise sleek looks of the MPV.

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20150115_144300.jpg

I earlier thought this was a very basic product but I was wrong when I noticed proper rails between the outside frame made of metal pipes and good quality powder coating all over the rails:

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20150115_144306.jpg

Overall, it does look better when you see the Ertiga from its side:

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20150115_144320.jpg

The Fitting:
The Rouf Rails are fitted on 4 spots. A pair in front and another on the rear.

While its simply clipped without any bolts/nuts cleanly in the front, its the rear clamp that bolts to the tailgate arm which ensure that the whole assembly doesn't slide ahead.
Rear:

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20150115_144410.jpg

Front

Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-20150115_144516.jpg

I would inquire about this product soon and may as well fit this on my Ertiga soon.

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th January 2015 at 18:07.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 13:47   #2142
BHPian

One owner living in the same complex as mine has rouf rails. Its looks asthetically pleasing and almost merges with the car.

Being placed towards the end of the car I would imagine that bags on top may require additional psi in the rear tires.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 13:53   #2143
BHPian

It appeals aesthetic but I have a doubt with regard to roof rails being added as an accessory. If the roof rails are loaded with luggage, will it affect the aerodynamics of the car?
Old 19th January 2015, 14:22   #2144
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
If the roof rails are loaded with luggage, will it affect the aerodynamics of the car?
That's obvious isn't it?

The luggage on top obstructs the air passing by creating more surface area. It may sway 'if' driven pedal to metal.

Moreover no one is going drive the F1 style with luggage on top.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2015, 23:53   #2145
BHPian

Re: Rouf Rails

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Had always been looking forward to experience the Rouf Rails for the Ertiga that I finally got a chance to inspect the quality of the rails and the overall fitting itself.

I had long back written a mail to Rouf Rails and they never responded. This one had arrived at the ASC for a regular service and I chanced upon it.

I would inquire about this product soon and may as well fit this on my Ertiga soon.
Thanks a lot for the post and the detailed pictures! The one showing the top rails really clears some of my doubts. I still have one question though - Do you think the side walls are too short (the front wall is practically absent) and that the bags will have to be tied down a lot more carefully on rouf rails, as opposed to on would on the standard roof rack?

I have also liked this product and have been planning to get one for my Ertiga. I think it particularly looks good on Ertiga and offers a lot bigger area to keep the bags than the standard carrier. rouf rails has a distributor in Thane who is a lot more responsive to mails and calls than the one in Coimbatore. I spoke to him when I bough my car and he quoted a price of 20K (that's 15K ex Coimbatore + 5K transport). Felt too expensive so have dropped the plans for now.

Although, I have had a crazy thought for getting this fitted on my car. I have been planning for a road trip down south, covering Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty and Kodaikanal, from Pune. The shop in Coimbatore would be somewhere in between Ooty and Kodaikanal. Based on my rough calculations, the 5K would pay for fuel for at least one side of the trip. Hoping to do this on my Car's first birthday!
KedarB is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks