Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2015, 20:29   #2221
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Thanks Buddy. Yeah, we have considered that also, would be looking for diesel variants now. Although a competent vehicle, we have removed Ertiga from the list of probables because of poor ride quality and comfort. Ertiga just didn't cut with the family.
You better test drive Ertiga diesel from some other showroom. I suspect the demo vehicle was the culprit. Honestly its not that bad compared to any of its competitors.
Space - well, its a limitation with the size of the exterior but again not that bad if you can properly adjust all rows of seats.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 18:58   #2222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
You better test drive Ertiga diesel from some other showroom. I suspect the demo vehicle was the culprit. Honestly its not that bad compared to any of its competitors.
Space - well, its a limitation with the size of the exterior but again not that bad if you can properly adjust all rows of seats.
Based on some suggestions here, did a back to back test drive of Ertiga diesel and Lodgy today. Booked Lodgy
Old 4th April 2015, 19:51   #2223
@KP
BHPian

Its time MS launched the facelift Ertiga to tackle competition. And I must say competition is tough and powerful.
:thumbup:

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/04/car...turn-25-2-kml/
Old 5th April 2015, 11:14   #2224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Based on some suggestions here, did a back to back test drive of Ertiga diesel and Lodgy today. Booked Lodgy
What is the on road price of lodgy ?

The 85 PS and 110 PS ?
Old 6th April 2015, 15:31   #2225
BHPian

Guys, not sure if this is already discussed here! Can the Ciaz armrest be fitted in Ertiga (direct or with some modifications)?
I have used the aftermarket one (universal armrest) twice, but that did not last long due to poor plastic quality & fixture that it comes with. So, keen on installing something that should last long.
Old 6th April 2015, 15:43   #2226
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionados View Post
Guys, not sure if this is already discussed here! Can the Ciaz armrest be fitted in Ertiga (direct or with some modifications)?
I have used the aftermarket one (universal armrest) twice, but that did not last long due to poor plastic quality & fixture that it comes with. So, keen on installing something that should last long.
I don't think is an easy one. Look at this picture.

The Armrest of the Ciaz will come with the Rear AC Vent. Secondly, the armrest may either be fixed rigidly onto the front portion of the center console (Hand Brake lever) along with car's floor.

I can check with my friend's Ciaz and get back to you but to me it looks like a tedious task which even if you are able to execute won't look prefect.

I am happy with aftermarket Armrest both in the WagonR as well as the Ertiga cos I always make it a point to any new co-passenger that its an armrest and not an elbow support to lift your body and adjust your seating position .
Old 17th April 2015, 06:25   #2227
BHPian

I need to book new car, was considering Ertiga or swift. On new ertiga there is a discount of 30k plus 30k exchange bonus, on new swift there is a discount of 15k plus 25k exchange bonus. Swift is the facelifted one, ertiga is not. Does it make sense for waiting for new ertiga or should we just go for old one or book swift. I just need another personal car so swift or ertiga does not make any difference.
Old 17th April 2015, 06:48   #2228
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I need to book new car, was considering Ertiga or swift. On new ertiga there is a discount of 30k plus 30k exchange bonus, on new swift there is a discount of 15k plus 25k exchange bonus. Swift is the facelifted one, ertiga is not. Does it make sense for waiting for new ertiga or should we just go for old one or book swift. I just need another personal car so swift or ertiga does not make any difference.
How long are you going to keep the car?

As there isn't any clear timeline as to when the facelift would be launched I'd suggest you to pick-up the Ertiga.

Spacious and Flexible in seating asking with good boot space so in future if you need these you'll have it.
Old 17th April 2015, 10:35   #2229
@KP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

As there isn't any clear timeline as to when the facelift would be launched I'd suggest you to pick-up the Ertiga.
Oh, I thought they were going to launch the facelift in Jun '15. Tons or news articles. Even the VARUN folks are speculating that it will happen along with SX4 s-cross launch
Old 17th April 2015, 11:43   #2230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @KP View Post
Oh, I thought they were going to launch the facelift in Jun '15. Tons or news articles. Even the VARUN folks are speculating that it will happen along with SX4 s-cross launch
That is true. I was told by a few folks at one of the dealership in Bangalore too. SX4 Cross and Ertiga Facelift coming together and that too with a speculated bigger engine!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 12:03   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
We are halfway down the April, and June is speculated month as said by many members/media , so all in all just 2 months of wait which is worth waiting.
It will be brutal impact on heart seeing the new face lifted Ertiga in just 2 months zooming away while you in the older model, if you purchase now

Ertiga will add that extra flexibility of carrying 7 people occasionally, and will be spacious & comfortable for 5 people than say a D1 sedan (thanks to the sliding 2nd row)!
Wait, and you may have more variants in Ertiga (AMT? Bigger Engine? or at least a Ciaz spec Engine) to choose in 2 months , and not to forget ACC and may be a touch screen HU of Ciaz in Ertiga!

So, you got the point I believe! Wait!

Last edited by Aficionados : 17th April 2015 at 12:05.
Old 19th April 2015, 09:17   #2232
BHPian

Is the Ciaz petrol engine any different from that of the Ertiga's?
Old 19th April 2015, 09:39   #2233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastichouse View Post
Is the Ciaz petrol engine any different from that of the Ertiga's?
Internals etc are same but the ECU map would be different tuned for FE in the Ciaz.
Old 19th April 2015, 09:46   #2234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Internals etc are same but the ECU map would be different tuned for FE in the Ciaz.
As per Maruti, the Ciaz engine is labelled the K14B vs the Ertiga K14. K14B is supposed to have different cylinder head design and different piston designs for better efficiency and reduced friction.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 20:45   #2235

I own an Ertiga Zxi, had bought it 1.5 years back. Owning this car has definitely been a wonderful experience and its quite a value for money affair.
But lately i have observed that the car makes a lot of noise while reversing while its quite smooth in the first gear.
Also on the highways the wind and rolling noise is well under control till 90kmph but on crossing 100kmph i get a strange sort of whistling noise and it seems to come from somewhere behind the rightmost corner of the dashboard.
I am yet to point it out to the dealership, will do so during the next servicing but I want to know has anyone here has experienced similiar problems in the Ertiga?
If yes can they be rectified?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks