Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2012, 10:32   #616
BHPian

Re: 1500 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The back benchers are feeling the potholes at low speeds or high speeds?
It's at low speed. The entire shocks transfer to cabin.
Old 30th September 2012, 11:59   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker
They may have used a different/better suspension initially to get favorable reviews, but once the sales gained traction they changed over to Swift/Dzire suspensions. This trick is also possible.
The Ertiga is not a custom made vehicle to change specifications at will. It is a mass produced vehicle and all the tooling logistics are frozen well in advance before actual production. I know this from personal experience from the Nissan plant in the UK.

mohandas: Did you take a test drive of the Ertiga before purchase? And did you experience any of your problems on the TD vehicle? On my Ertiga the ride is good on both low and high speeds. My mother who cannot stand a bad suspension loves sitting in the Ertiga. Also, MRF tyres are hard compound tyres and that also contributes to slight harshness. Try switching to Bridgestone and use nitrogen with 33 front and 30 rear.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 12:31   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
They may have used a different/better suspension initially to get favorable reviews, but once the sales gained traction they changed over to Swift/Dzire suspensions. This trick is also possible.
These vehicles undergo lakhs of kms of testing! Am sure the suspension can change the overall behavior of the vehicle. Add to this, the logistics issues as mentioned in the below post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The Ertiga is not a custom made vehicle to change specifications at will. It is a mass produced vehicle and all the tooling logistics are frozen well in advance before actual production. ...
+1.

Edit::
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Have you checked the tyre pressures? If you keep it two psi's lesser than factory recommended, you should find the ride more comfortable & absorbing, but at a slightly lesser FE.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th September 2012 at 12:33. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
Old 1st October 2012, 10:36   #619
BHPian

Re: 1500 km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
As stated by swiftnfurious, the tyre pressure should be the reason for the thuds. Even i experienced it initially when fully loaded, in my drtiga zdi when i maintained equal pressure of 32 in all 4. Then i noticed its 33 in front and 30 at the back. In case of pothole-filled road, I found it smooth to set rear at 28 even.

Also note that different petrol bunks have slightly different calibration for tyre pressure. You can try out tyre pressure at another petrol pump as well.
Viswam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 09:48   #620
Senior - BHPian

Back from a long trip a week back. The engine is EXTREMELY smooth! It really is! I reckon its to do with the synthetic oil at 10k kms.

Moreover I noticed something interesting. On the highway it usually does 80 @ 2000 RPM. In this trip I was surprised to see it doing 80 @ ~1900 RPM! I checked it in different segments of my trip just to make sure it wasn't the road's slope momentum that was causing it. Also previously it did 100 @ 2500 RPM now it does @ ~2450 RPM. Not sure if its the engine tuning or if it has freed up.

Mileage consistently ~23 kmpl on the highway at 90 kmph. In the city it is ~17 kmpl. When I look at the mileage I'm glad I didn't plonk my money on a larger engined MPV that cannot go beyond 12 or 13 kmpl!

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 2nd October 2012 at 09:49.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2012, 10:03   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Back from a long trip a week back. The engine is EXTREMELY smooth! It really is! I reckon its to do with the synthetic oil at 10k kms.

Moreover I noticed something interesting. On the highway it usually does 80 @ 2000 RPM. In this trip I was surprised to see it doing 80 @ ~1900 RPM! I checked it in different segments of my trip just to make sure it wasn't the road's slope momentum that was causing it. Also previously it did 100 @ 2500 RPM now it does @ ~2450 RPM. Not sure if its the engine tuning or if it has freed up.

Mileage consistently ~23 kmpl on the highway at 90 kmph. In the city it is ~17 kmpl. When I look at the mileage I'm glad I didn't plonk my money on a larger engined MPV that cannot go beyond 12 or 13 kmpl!
Hi Swiftdiesel, it is always 80 Kmph at 1900 RPM. In fact, I once traveled in an Indigo and was surprised to see it doing 80 kmph at around 1800 RPM, and I wondered why Ertiga should do it at 2000 RPM (I was always thinking in Ertiga at 2000 rpm it does 80 kmph). From then I observed carefully, and I found that at 2000 RPM the speed is around 85 KMph and at 1900 RPM it is 80 kmph. So it has nothing to do with the freeing of engine.
nurni76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2012, 11:49   #622
BHPian

Could the Gurus here please recommend me a good reverse camera with bluetooth connectivity for Ertiga (VDi)? The dealer is quoting 10K for this set-up, but the product that they have shown is some vague brand (chinese make). I have not heard of that make and model anywhere on T-BHP! Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 5th October 2012, 13:05   #623
BHPian

I saw this vdi/zdi ertiga being used as a taxi. I took this photo in 3rd week of July. Sorry for the poor quality of the image.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Maruti Ertiga-ertiga_taxi.jpg  

n_naik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 14:05   #624
BHPian

Took delivery of my VDI yesterday. One question - with A/C on, the vehicle stops at very low speeds (especially while parking). Is this normal in diesel vehicles or do I need to adjust my driving style a bit? This is my first diesel vehicle and I do not press the accelerator at parking speeds.
Old 6th October 2012, 15:57   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistala View Post
Took delivery of my VDI yesterday. One question - with A/C on, the vehicle stops at very low speeds (especially while parking). Is this normal in diesel vehicles or do I need to adjust my driving style a bit? This is my first diesel vehicle and I do not press the accelerator at parking speeds.
Congrats on your Ertiga! Make sure you're in 1st gear when you're parking your car. 2nd gear will be too high for the engine to handle. If you're in 1st gear, with AC on, the engine should not stall and yes, you don't have to press the accelerator. If you're parking on an incline, slight accelerator input may be needed. I would recommend you adjust your driving style a bit. Once you get the hang of it, you will know by the sound of your engine.
Old 6th October 2012, 16:49   #626
BHPian

One of my friends is interested in Ertiga.
Any idea what are the waiting period(s) for ZDI and ZXI variants, in and around Bangalore?
Old 6th October 2012, 17:32   #627
Senior - BHPian

There was some speculation initially of Ertiga Cng comming. Any news on that front? Or has it been shelved?
Old 7th October 2012, 09:14   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistala
Congrats man on the new ertiga vdi.

Parking in diesel ertiga is never a problem. Both in the first and reverse gear the vehicle doesnt need acceleration at all and a mere gradual release of clutch moves it adequately. If you are fully loaded, you may have to use the throttle a bit. With a little practice it should be easy.

All the best
Viswam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 19:35   #629
Senior - BHPian

I have a question for the vdi owners. How is the stock audio system ? Is it same as old swift zxi?
Old 8th October 2012, 14:30   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
One of my friends is interested in Ertiga.
Any idea what are the waiting period(s) for ZDI and ZXI variants, in and around Bangalore?
I have booked an Ertiga ZDI recently at Bimal Auto Agency (Mahadevapura). The waiting period is 6 months for ZDI and 3 months for VDI as on Papers. The SA mentioned that there are chances that the vehicle can come within 4 months as the production is increased. I was looking only for Diesel and never checked the waiting period for ZXI, hope its around 3-4 months.
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks