Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2013, 10:09   #2671
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Requesting all 110 PS Duster owners to check for a faint whine like sound coming from the engine area after the ignition key is turned on but engine not running.
I hear a whine like sound, is anyone hearing the same?

Edit: Called up my service advisor, he mentioned its the power steering relay getting activated.
Nothing to worry.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 9th July 2013 at 10:27.
Old 9th July 2013, 12:09   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
[*]Driver's seat railing/ free play
.....My SA did tell me a few months back that Renault has identified an issue with the Driver seat railing. (the seat becomes loose with time and there is a bit of play on turns etc)
I asked my SA about the Driver seat railing when I went for my 30000 Km service and he said that they have not received any information from Renault for Driver seat railing.If anybody has availed this recall issue, please share.
However, there is an universal patch for Audio systems for all 2012 Dusters and that was upgraded to my system. Treble and sound clarity has gone up, but cant say for sure if BT echo is eliminated as per their claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
You are right, glove box lights up only when the side lights are switched on.

As for outside odour, you can check on it by asking someone to drive the car with the blower switched off and all windows rolled up. Light a incense stick and move it around the car to see where the smoke trail is getting disturbed, specially near the clutch, brake area or just below the glove box.
I am sure you will be able to solve this.
Glove box light is always On when the parking light is switched on irrespective of whether the door is open or closed. My assumption is that cost is reduced by not providing a separate circuit and an ON/OFF relay switch for the glove box. Since the Audio system is also near the glove box, all it takes is just 1 feet of wire to get the glove box light going.
OT - You really do have a Phd in eliminating rattles and identifying odours in a car Thanks a ton for this info.
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 14:34   #2673
BHPian

Has anyone looked at getting an arm-rest fitted? I was checking online and came across these 2 options (both are for the Dacia Duster - one is OEM, the other a replica). Both look interesting but I cannot figure out if they will work on a RxZ 110 with a Rear A/C unit.

Does anybody know if the Dacia Duster in EU has rear A/C? This picture seems to indicate that there is not - in that case im out of luck!

I have put this rear boot protector in my accessories list
Old 10th July 2013, 12:44   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Any idea if there are dealers in chennai for this.I just love how it looks
Old 10th July 2013, 13:02   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I have been trying to get the same boot tray for my Duster. Unfortunately no leads yet. If you do find one, please let us know Neil.
Old 10th July 2013, 14:29   #2676
BHPian

Quote:
No idea if there are ANY dealers in India for this! I'm planning to either ship it to relatives in the UK and have them reship it here or use Shop & Ship-like services in the UK to get it delivered directly. Need to figure out which works out cheaper. Do let me know if you find a desi alternative in the meantime

No views on the armrest anyone?
Old 10th July 2013, 21:35   #2677
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I have been trying to get the same boot tray for my Duster.
Guys, I got a set of customized floors mats made for my Duster from a local upholstery chap. I was looking at protecting the OE matting from people getting into the car with wet footwear and umbrellas during monsoons. So I got it done only for the passenger compartment. The material is good & tough. (see pic)
I haven't got one done for my boot but I guess it seems good idea to get one made now. Thank you for the inspiration
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-floor-mat.jpg  

Old 10th July 2013, 22:13   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone looked at getting an arm-rest fitted? I was checking online and came across these 2 options (both are for the Dacia Duster - one is OEM, the other a replica). Both look interesting but I cannot figure out if they will work on a RxZ 110 with a Rear A/C unit.

Does anybody know if the Dacia Duster in EU has rear A/C? This picture seems to indicate that there is not - in that case im out of luck!

I have fixed the universal armrest available online in ebay it suits in my Duster perfectly costing just 1850 there is little jerk which u need to tighten up with some packing material and it stops moving i am using this model for the past 7 months no problem.
Old 10th July 2013, 22:21   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I have fixed the universal armrest available online in ebay it suits in my Duster perfectly costing just 1850 there is little jerk which u need to tighten up with some packing material and it stops moving i am using this model for the past 7 months no problem.
Hi Satya,
Please post some photos of the arm rest in your car. Photos of the packing material fix will be nice too.
Old 10th July 2013, 23:26   #2680
BHPian

Found one Indian site selling beige color boot mat. I have no experience with this site.
I just happen to stumble upon it. The mat's shape is odd though.

http://modifymycar.in/digifit-car-bo...ter-beige.html

Digifit Duster mat seems to be selling on other sites too.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 10th July 2013 at 23:29.
Old 11th July 2013, 00:46   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Found one Indian site selling beige color boot mat. I have no experience with this site.
I just happen to stumble upon it. The mat's shape is odd though.

http://modifymycar.in/digifit-car-bo...ter-beige.html

Digifit Duster mat seems to be selling on other sites too.
Why the hell would someone make a beige floor mat! That too for the boot! Any brave soul willing to experiment? In other news, finally finally got delivery of my Grey RxZ 110 today. All the pre-sales sweet talk went down the drain with a horrible delivery experience. Time to start writing up an ownership thread now!
crazydave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 02:00   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
I second the request for photos. Do you have a 110 RxZ by any chance? I'm worried that the rear a/c console might make these universal armrests impossible to fit
Old 11th July 2013, 07:43   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
I second the request for photos. Do you have a 110 RxZ by any chance? I'm worried that the rear a/c console might make these universal armrests impossible to fit

Mine is a RXL(o) model you can't fix the universal armrest in an RXZ as its rear AC will definitely block its fitment. But as for the non rear AC model you can go blindfolded and buy the universal armrest and fix it.

Its an DIY job you get an lot adjustment in the model and can go according to your arm height and fix it with the four screws provided along the box, a slight punch is of course needed to make an 2 holes initially on either side below the handbrake console on the plastic to fix the screws moreover the width of the armrest fills the gap between the seats perfectly

I will try to take the photos and post but it may take time as i am out of station right now but it may look exactly as the photos provided in the site of universal armrest in the Ebay bye.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 11th July 2013 at 07:46.
sathyaprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 07:46   #2684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I will try to take the photos and post but it may take time as i am out of station right now but it may look exactly as the photos provided in the site of universal armrest in the Ebay bye.

I some how remember you (not sure, if it was some else) posting a snap. Does it not take away the functionality of the bottle holder?
Old 11th July 2013, 09:16   #2685
BHPian

For those not particular about brand but keen to protect the Duster boot space/carpet; I have a RxZ 110; I use the Verna's boot rubber mat, not the Fluidic Verna but old Verna. Fits perfectly. Cheers

Last edited by Waxeloquent : 11th July 2013 at 09:18.
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks