Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 15:42   #3421
BHPian

ACC for Duster, has anyone tried this? But most certainly will need an assurance from Distinct warranty will not
be voided even if it works.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Renault-Duste...ht_3853wt_1066

Cheers
Old 5th December 2013, 16:29   #3422
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
ACC for Duster, has anyone tried this? But most certainly will need an assurance from Distinct warranty will not
be voided even if it works.
This is a generic product that can be used in any car.

The product simply simulates the On/Off switch of the A/C. It will need you to connect the wires coming to A/C switch to go to the device instead. You disconnect the wire from A/C switch and connect to the device. I doubt the warranty will be void, because it is doing the same job as the switch itself.

IMO, this is a waste of money. Unless you fiddle with the A/C controls too much.

When I turn off the A/C, I switch to outside air circulation as well or else there is a stuffy feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram190877 View Post
Here is the chrome set I got. Door handles, fog lamps and backlight.
Cool the chrome look goes very well on black. Looking good

Last edited by HillMan : 5th December 2013 at 16:33.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 18:22   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
It could be an issue with the phone software as well. The front two speakers do output the voice on my stock music player. The rear speakers are silent during call. The media nav is a much advanced player.

I don't believe the issue has anything to do with mono bt. Voice calls are always mono. My be the phone is connecting to bt as stereo with right speaker.

It will be best to verify with another phone brand to confirm.

The bt is capable of playing music well, so it is more to do with software than the hardware of the HU.

Its not an issue but actually a feature. Also, it is the headunit which decides which speakers to route the incoming BT audio to. The phone has no control in this.

Since the microphone is placed somewhere near the driver's seat it is primarily the driver and maybe the front row passenger who are supposed to be involved in the phone conversation. The handsfree feature is not for the passengers in the rear seat.

In Ecosport/Fiesta, the Fade/Balance settings are automatically adjusted for the audio to be heard only in the front speakers. It goes back to its previous settings once the call is over. Try seeing the audio settings screen while a phone call is ongoing in your Head Unit and you might actually notice the same.
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 18:51   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
In Ecosport/Fiesta, the Fade/Balance settings are automatically adjusted for the audio to be heard only in the front speakers. It goes back to its previous settings once the call is over. Try seeing the audio settings screen while a phone call is ongoing in your Head Unit and you might actually notice the same.
Yup, you are right. The call audio is Mono so it is left to the HU to decide which speakers to use.

You have a point thou. There might be additional settings/options on Media Nav while the call is in progress.
Old 5th December 2013, 19:40   #3425
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Its not an issue but actually a feature. Also, it is the headunit which decides which speakers to route the incoming BT audio to. The phone has no control in this.
+1

A simple way to analyse :

- Connect your phone in a "phone" mode
- Connect you phone through "BT audio"

In the audio mode, phone would stream music through BT and that is played through stereo. (I have used it and it works).

In phone mode, it may not be stereo.
Old 5th December 2013, 20:00   #3426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
I see an issue while using the car phone on Bluetooth. Only the front left speakers seems to come alive. I have the inbuilt Media - NAV which the standard on RXL (OPT). while on media playback, all the 4 speakers just work fine. Is this something which is expected? The service team rep seemed to say it is normal.
This seem to be a common feature on many vehicles. This is what I found all over the net.

Voice call Audio only on Left speaker is wrong. The audio should work on both front speakers or right side. Looks like the Media Nav has software suited for Left Hand Drive. Get an update done.
Old 5th December 2013, 23:09   #3427
Senior - BHPian

Is there any review of the MediaNav anywhere in the thread or elsewhere?
Old 6th December 2013, 05:48   #3428
BHPian

Quote:
This seem to be a common feature on many vehicles. This is what I found all over the net.

Voice call Audio only on Left speaker is wrong. The audio should work on both front speakers or right side. Looks like the Media Nav has software suited for Left Hand Drive. Get an update done.
The s/w ver is up to date. Just did one recently post a notification on navi extra. I had posted this issue on FB on the Renault India page. Pretty good response came up from their customer care with the issue trickling back to the local dealer's SA. He seemed to have heard of this issue for the first time. Then he did a check on at least 4 other vehicles and came back saying that is something "normal" and the audio works only on the left speaker. Seems to be a design issue. Any other observations from the existing owners would help. I agree it seems to be a software issue which can be fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
+1

A simple way to analyse :

- Connect your phone in a "phone" mode
- Connect you phone through "BT audio"

In the audio mode, phone would stream music through BT and that is played through stereo. (I have used it and it works).

In phone mode, it may not be stereo.
All speakers work fine when connected on BT for streaming music. When a call call is ON, the audio settings (or anything else for that matter except volume) cannot be altered. So I kept in on the audio setting beforehand and then made a phone call; the speaker settings/status remain unchanged.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th December 2013 at 14:13. Reason: Back to back posts withing 30 minutes. Please use EDIT / Multi-quote features.
Old 6th December 2013, 12:07   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Abhinav.
I also got myself custom embossed number plates and Garware icecool 70 for the door windows and quarter glasses.
Hi HillMan, congrats on the updates to your Duster.
How much did the Garware icecool 70 films cost?
Did you not put any films on the front glass (windshield)?
Please share the details of the place where you got them done.

I too need to minimize the heat of direct sunlight, especially when out on the highways.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:05   #3430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
The shop owner is a good friend of my brother in law so he did it for me at cost.
The charge is based on car window size. For Duster it will work around Rs.2500 approx.

No. Was trying for first time, so didnt want to go all in.

Last visit to Mysore, my brother in-law got the front windscreen done for his A-Star. He had the windows done a month earlier and was happy with the effect. Didnt get a chance to test that car in sun. So will check out during my next visit and then decide. But from the looks of it on my car windows, I dont see it should pose any visibility issues.

It was done at Ranjans, Mysore. The shop is close to Mysore RTO office. Its a little shop, but skilled guys. He also made my number plate. Every one does the number embossing. This guy does any logos and symbols too. I'll PM you his contact if you need.

Last edited by HillMan : 6th December 2013 at 14:07.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:18   #3431
BANNED

Quote:
The shop owner is a good friend of my brother in law so he did it for me at cost.
The charge is based on car window size. For Duster it will work around Rs.2500 approx.

No. Was trying for first time, so didnt want to go all in.
@HillMan

Are you sure that the Sun-Film from Garware ICE Cool won't be against Supreme Court order which states Except Manufacturer provided 70% transparency nothing (No Tinting/SunFilms) can be applied on Windows and Windshield.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:33   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
@HillMan

Are you sure that the Sun-Film from Garware ICE Cool won't be against Supreme Court order which states Except Manufacturer provided 70% transparency nothing (No Tinting/SunFilms) can be applied on Windows and Windshield.
I am very sure it is totally against Supreme Court order.

Thats why I didnt' go for 3M CR70 which will be a big dent on my pocket, if by chance the cops have me remove.

The film is transparent and by the look you wont know its there. So I took the risk. Duster has large windows and last two trips women and kids had dupatta covering the window from inside on the sunny side. And anything that obstructs my view irritates me. Not anymore
Old 6th December 2013, 23:34   #3433
BHPian

may be off topic, I accidentally found this ppt:
http://www.slideshare.net/indianauto...-press-release

I am not sure when this would be available in India though.

I liked the fact that the interior noise reduced to half, which is big negative in my current duster.

Last edited by niv26 : 6th December 2013 at 23:36.
niv26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 12:40   #3434
BHPian

Did anyone see this?
Renault Duster is included in Romanian army and fire dept.
The green duster looks hot and muscular.
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster.jpg

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/12/r...m_campaign=IAB
skyfire2892 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 12:52   #3435
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Did anyone see this?
Renault Duster is included in Romanian army and fire dept.
The green duster looks hot and muscular.
Quite cool. So now we have a roll cage and winch position design for the Duster. A camouflage kind of jungle pattern - multi shades of green - colour scheme would look even better though. But I guess it is the colours of each army that goes on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks