Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 15:40   #3436
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

I am getting an offer of Rs 12.48 lakh (OTR) for an 85 Diesel RXL (Opt NAV) in Delhi. Price for a 104 PS Petrol Rs 9.93 lakh.

Forummers, what is your opinion on these prices? Any room to negotiate?

Now sorely tempted to buy the petrol, as I do not expect to exceed 1400 km per month, and on those numbers (if my calculations are correct) the diesel version would will break even only after 4 years and 3 months! That's not counting differential servicing costs.
Old 9th December 2013, 17:00   #3437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Now sorely tempted to buy the petrol, as I do not expect to exceed 1400 km per month, and on those numbers (if my calculations are correct) the diesel version would will break even only after 4 years and 3 months! That's not counting differential servicing costs.
IMO, The difference in service cost is not much. Lets say it may push the break even by another 3months (just rounding off to nearest half year). It starts paying you back after that.

If you plan to keep this car for a longer duration, you are already reaping the benefits of higher mileage after 4.5yrs

If you are taking a bank loan, then your Break Even is not in yet

Anyway, I feel buying a car is not a business decision.
You like it, fits your needs & budget, you buy it.

I favored the diesel because, it has the grunt, that gives a feel of power. I am aware the Petrol has more BHP then the 85ps, and NVH is lower.

Last edited by HillMan : 9th December 2013 at 17:02.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 21:34   #3438
P76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I am very sure it is totally against Supreme Court order.

Thats why I didnt' go for 3M CR70 which will be a big dent on my pocket, if by chance the cops have me remove.

The film is transparent and by the look you wont know its there. So I took the risk. Duster has large windows and last two trips women and kids had dupatta covering the window from inside on the sunny side. And anything that obstructs my view irritates me. Not anymore
Hi Hillman, the 70% transparency films are indeed clear enough to be installed on the windshield, thus giving the stock glass look. But my question is are they really good in controlling heat?.
I had 3M CS-35 on my car, and thinking about installing 70% VLT film. Please let me know if the film really helps. (BTW I know even the 5% VLT films would be of little use in Chennai's summer heat of 40 degrees)
Old 9th December 2013, 22:44   #3439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76 View Post

Hi Hillman, the 70% transparency films are indeed clear enough to be installed on the windshield, thus giving the stock glass look. But my question is are they really good in controlling heat?.
First, 70% transparency is not enough for the windshield. That would be very risky at night. Its good for the side windows and rear shield. It actually cuts off a lot of heat. I got mine fitted with Lumar some one year back and its a happy experience, even in Delhi heat my blower worked fine on second slot.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 22:55   #3440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P76 View Post
I had 3M CS-35 on my car, and thinking about installing 70% VLT film. Please let me know if the film really helps.
One thing for sure. It does work. But not like you can live without AC.

The heat does get through but there is a noticeable reduction.
Old 10th December 2013, 00:31   #3441
BHPian

Folks - I added some accessories - details are in this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3315681

Specifically I am looking for advise on 2 important questions related to electrical wiring. Any comments on that will be highly appreciated
Old 11th December 2013, 22:13   #3442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
First, 70% transparency is not enough for the windshield. That would be very risky at night.
Got transparent film for windshield on my sisters car. It doesnt interfere much with visibility. Negligible. But because it is plastic kind of material, I think over time it might catch scratches while cleaning, which could play with optics. Will need to wait and watch.

Just read your travelogue. Awesome writeup and explanations I must say.

In one of the posts you mentioned, the Terrano 110 has a different engine map and no turbo lag. I myself havent TDed one so cant say.

This would be strange though, considering both Duster and Terrano share the same engine. Could it be that the newer 110 have the new map as well and/or the mapping available to existing 110 owners to upgrade?

Just thinking aloud.
Old 12th December 2013, 20:13   #3443
Senior - BHPian

Dacia Duster

My brother spotted this Dacia Duster today in chennai.

Renault Duster : Official Review-dac1.jpg
Renault Duster : Official Review-dac2.jpg

PS: Mods, please move this post to appropriate thread if necessary.
badboyscad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 20:45   #3444
BHPian

Re: Dacia Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
My brother spotted this Dacia Duster today in chennai.
Dacia Duster is manufactured in the Chennai plant of Renault-Nissan. So its not a surprise to find one testing on the road. A rare sight thou.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/02/d...n-the-uk-63841
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 13:26   #3445
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have been driving my Terrano for around 1K kilometers now and still haven't found the right seating. It is either my neck or my back that hurts no matter what position I try.

Mine is the 85PS version, the stock seat with no lumbar or height adjust. I am planning on getting some art-leather or covers for the seats, but wanted to check for any tried and tested solutions from Duster owners who have faced similar issues.
Old 13th December 2013, 13:30   #3446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Mine is the 85PS version, the stock seat with no lumbar or height adjust. I am planning on getting some art-leather or covers for the seats, but wanted to check for any tried and tested solutions from Duster owners who have faced similar issues.
- I would say get good leather. That would make the seat firmer.
- I agree that finding the seating position is quite difficult. Whenever my car goes for service, I would my setting disturbed and it takes some time get back I had set.
- I would say get the lumber setting correct. That I think should be the main priority.
Old 13th December 2013, 14:14   #3447
BHPian

I got the ORVM side blinkers installed 3K at the Renault A$$ (includes Labour charges)
Good fun !
Old 13th December 2013, 17:55   #3448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anil_neo View Post
Hi Guys, I have been driving my Terrano for around 1K kilometers now and still haven't found the right seating. It is either my neck or my back that hurts no matter what position I try.

As #Ampere mentioned, the firmness of the seat will make a difference.
For me I felt the height was discomfort. The little padding below the covers helped too.

Details of my seat covers are over here;
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3200607 (The Grey Hound: My Renault Duster 85 RXL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I got the ORVM side blinkers installed 3K at the Renault A$$ (includes Labour charges)
Good fun !
Is it similar to the one they have on Terrano?
A picture would do good.
Thanks.

Last edited by HillMan : 13th December 2013 at 18:04.
Old 13th December 2013, 19:20   #3449
BHPian

Hope they do this in Bangalore as well

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...rl-dealer.html

Trident... are you reading this?
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 11:50   #3450
BHPian

I am trying to figure out the capacity of the two chargers/cigarette lighters in Duster RxZ 110 PS. Called the
customer care (the 1-800) and they did not have a clue if it is 8, 12 or 15 amps. Now I called Whitefield Renault
and spoke to Mr.Ben the service manager. He checked with his electrical guy and said the fuse is set for max
of 15A. Does this mean I can connect a mini tire inflator which says 12V, 15A? Thanks.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks