Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2015, 14:03   #4936
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyankar View Post
Thanks for the info ani.
can you please give some idea about pricing.
According to code 6 tuning , the remap costs Rs 30k with lifetime free updates. I dont know what does these updates mean? Can anyone please explain.
ani21 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 01:28   #4937
BHPian

I have booked a duster 110ps rxl model and expecting delivery by next week . I was told by the SA that the vechile available is March 2015 manufactured . Is this fine or I should insist on getting a more recent month manufactured car .
Old 14th June 2015, 09:01   #4938
BHPian

Re: Lodgy 2nd Row Vents for Duster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
One of my greatest bugbears about the Duster is the lack of a convenient 2nd row ac. (the B**l-cooler ac, in my friend's colourful & apt description, that comes standard is very kludgy and not acceptable)

With the Lodgy, based on the Duster, out & sporting not one, but two, sets of rear vents, naturally I am wondering if it would be possible to install those in the Duster & solve the problem....

......Info: I have a 2014 85bhp RXL Duster.
Check out the head clearance - I reckon its bound to be a problem.
There is bound to be a downward bulge in the roof lining to accommodate the evaporator and fan assembly and that would possibly foul with the heads of the front seat occupants especially when the front seats are moved back.
I reckon that's why they designed the funny little centre pedestal ac - though crudely finished and being an obstruction - its fairly effective.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 14th June 2015 at 09:02.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 15:51   #4939
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
I reckon that's why they designed the funny little centre pedestal ac - though crudely finished and being an obstruction - its fairly effective.
Very true man. The nut freezer at the back is very effective, but ungainly and bothers the middle passengers. But without that the cooling at the rear is very poor. I have the 4wD that comes without the ball freezer at the rear and rear occupants always complain about the AC despite that fact that I have spent about 15K on 3M sunfilm all round including the front glass. They should have gone with two simple blowers at for the rear passengers
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 19:52   #4940
Distinguished - BHPian

Clutch issue in 110 PS Duster:

Posting on behalf of my friend who drives his 110 PS Duster in Bangalore. This vehicle is hardly 6 months old and driven only for 7000 kms.

Hardly 12 kms driven from home, halted for 20 minutes in an Indiranagar restaurant. Them moved from there to old Madras road. Traffic was slow after Byappanahalli. By the time reaching Gopalan Mall sensed a burning spell and smoke coming from bonnet. Pulled it to the side of road and the towed it to nearby trident renault.

After dismantling and inspecting the car, here is the response from Renault,

Quote:
We observed that the clutch is partially worn out. This attributed to usage. But still you can utilize the same clutch as it is not worn out completely.

Though your car is in drivable condition, if you wish the clutch related components could be replaced on chargeable basis with your approval. Kindly let us know.

You would acknowledge that the Clutch is wear and tear part, the life of the clutch depends on various factors like driving habits, gear shift pattern, road conditions etc. Therefore such parts are beyond the purview of warranty and the required repairs / replacement needs to be carried out on charge basis.

Therefore, please do not have any apprehension in this regard.

You are also kindly requested to refer warranty terms and conditions provided at the time of delivery
He has around 12 years of driving experience and his previous cars are Alto and SX4 petrol. And, till this incident the car was handling perfectly fine without any issues including any clutch hardness.

Anyone has faced similar issue? And what could be the cause? He feels that this issue is because of a defective clutch.
Old 14th June 2015, 20:25   #4941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpusher View Post
Sounds great. But a few noob questions : Won't we lose warranty by remapping? Also will it in anyway adversely affect the longterm performance of the vehicle?
Technically yes - we will lose warranty. But unless you go for a significant warranty claim, no one really bothers. The stock map can be restored any time by contacting Code6. It will take hardly 15-20 mins.

Long term reliability - I am expecting faster wear and tear due to higher power output. Slightly accelerated service schedule should take care of most of the problems. Clutch and brake pads may take a hit. Need to wait and see how it goes.
DieselLover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 21:58   #4942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
According to code 6 tuning , the remap costs Rs 30k with lifetime free updates. I dont know what does these updates mean? Can anyone please explain.
Updates means all the additional tweaking which you might need after remapping. You might feel at a later point that you need more power or may be tune it more for efficiency etc. All these updates would be free. I'm guessing it'll also involve reverting back to stock if needed for any warranty claims or when selling your car etc.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 10:24   #4943
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Posting on behalf of my friend who drives his 110 PS Duster in Bangalore. This vehicle is hardly 6 months old and driven only for 7000 kms.
Wow! No idea on this. Because this really seems like a clutch worn out problem. I am now nearing at 55K on my Duster. Did not see this problem. Though I did have my share of troubles with the clutch (Mine is an 85 bhp though). But it was to do with the clutch play suddenly increasing with prolonged driving (within the course of a road trip itself). Renault fixed both master and slave cylinder over intervals of 10k and 20K. But that seemed to more like a seal problem in the slave cylinder not working correct. Finally they fixed the slave cylinder with a modified seal and now its holding on. No issues after that and I have driven more almost about 20K. But its nothing to do with clutch being worn out. However since I have not heard about this problem (the one I faced) from other owners, I can only say its been a one off case on my car.

I think clutch usage patterns across petrol and diesels can be different. That can also be a potential cause. (I may be wrong here. Would be good to know what others feel on this)

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2015 at 10:29.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 16:39   #4944
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I am in Brazil and had an opportunity to see the new Duster. I had seen the duster two years back and it was exactly like the one in India.

With this facelift I was thoroughly impressed. The quality of interiors have improved by many folds. The Duster looked more premium with the new lighter shade of brown.

I will do the pictures do the talking

Exteriors

The Front look is now much better and matured.
Renault Duster : Official Review-01.-front-view.jpg

With Head lights turned on
Renault Duster : Official Review-02.-front-view-lights-.jpg

Closer look at the new Head lights
Renault Duster : Official Review-03.-head-lights.jpg

The New Tail Lamp
Renault Duster : Official Review-04.-tail-light.jpg

When lights are switched on (The original colour of the LED is red, in this picture it looks more orangish)
Renault Duster : Official Review-05.-tail-light-switched-.jpg

Side View
Renault Duster : Official Review-06.-side-view.jpg

Side View - Black
Renault Duster : Official Review-07.-side-view-black.jpg

New Alloys - Look more like wheel caps from a distrance
Renault Duster : Official Review-08.-front-alloys.jpg

Thick Roof Rails. Look much better with "Duster" lettering
Renault Duster : Official Review-09.-roof-rails.jpg

Fully covered rear wheel well
Renault Duster : Official Review-10.-fully-covered-rear-wheel-well.jpg

The interiors were not much different, but the quality of plastics seemed to have improved a lot.

Renault Duster : Official Review-11.-interior-front.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-12.-interior-back.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-13.-new-steering-wheel-audio-controls.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-14.-central-console.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-15.-central-console-automatic.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-16.-door-panels.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-17.-new-dials.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th June 2015 at 16:34. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
MAS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 17:00   #4945
BHPian

Somehow dont like the improvements, the old design was better esp the headlights / alloys, tail lamps
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 17:17   #4946
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe these are not alloys but what Renault India calls 'stylish steel wheels' which are being offered on the 2015 RXLs, i.e. the middle models between the basic steel wheels on the RXEs and the high end models' (RXL+ etc.) alloys.

Even I am underwhelmed by the changes. However, these might be South America only changes - we may get a different one!
Old 17th June 2015, 13:23   #4947
BHPian

(Mods pls shift this to the relevant space. Thanks)

Rainy sunday drive @Purushwadi, Mah.

It started raining in Bombay last week.
A friend was leaving for Purushwadi to photograph fireflies at the camp there. (www.grassroutes.co.in)
Decided to give her a 200km lift.
Sometimes that’s all the excuse one needs to go on a drive.

Renault Duster : Official Review-screen-shot-20150617-8.52.19-am.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150614_092602879.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150614_120708688.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150614_162407433.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150614_122609367.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150614_163432042.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150614_174730756.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150614_183709761.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20150614_163907353.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 18th June 2015 at 00:39. Reason: Fixed Image tags
Old 17th June 2015, 20:53   #4948
BHPian

Hi, my duster 85 Rxl is reaching it's Second service @ 10k kms (within 2 months! ) .just discovered a deep cracked on the front passenger Tyre. I don't know how this developed. Can this be replaced under warranty? I'm now worried about the MRF wanderers on the car, will they last? Attaching a pic of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20150617_102441_20150617205003375.jpg  

Old 17th June 2015, 23:24   #4949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post
Hi, my duster 85 Rxl is reaching it's Second service @ 10k kms (within 2 months! ) .just discovered a deep cracked on the front passenger Tyre. I don't know how this developed. Can this be replaced under warranty? I'm now worried about the MRF wanderers on the car, will they last? Attaching a pic of the same.
They might offer a depreciated value as refund for purchasing new tyre, if they don't claim that the damage was caused due to collision with rocks etc.

In an different case, a friend of mine was given 20% depreciation for his Ford Figo tyre (less than a year old). I don't remember the brand of the tyre. His tyre wall developed a bulge without any reason

Last edited by ampere : 18th June 2015 at 00:38. Reason: Removed image from the quoted post
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 19:48   #4950
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am getting some minor rattling from the left rear door. Mine is a 2012 model.

I have tried putting some electrical tape on the steel knob but it has helped only slightly. Any easy DIY solutions available?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks