Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2015, 11:38   #5026
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Anyone have any idea why Renault has discontinued (or temporarily stopped production?) of the 85 RXL+ model which had ABS with EBD and dual airbags as standard?

I was eyeing that particular variant as it has the city drivability of the 85 engine coupled with excellent safety. Now the cheapest variant with ABS/Airbags are either the 85 RXL(O) with the media-nav unit or the RXL 110.

Very confusing change - they only introduced the model in February 2014 (http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nt-372275.aspx)
Old 27th July 2015, 11:50   #5027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Anyone have any idea why Renault has discontinued (or temporarily stopped production?) of the 85 RXL+ model which had ABS with EBD and dual airbags as standard?

I was eyeing that particular variant as it has the city drivability of the 85 engine coupled with excellent safety. Now the cheapest variant with ABS/Airbags are either the 85 RXL(O) with the media-nav unit or the RXL 110.

Very confusing change - they only introduced the model in February 2014 (http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...nt-372275.aspx)
My SA told me that they wanted to decrease the number of variants and make it simpler for the customer . I also went in to buy a 85ps rxl+ and ended up buying the 110 rxl (which only has driver airbag and abs) . Although the 85ps rxz would have cost me 50k more I liked the dynamics of the 110ps more. Hopefully they might introduce the + models again if they feel threatened by Creta and Scross .
Old 27th July 2015, 14:01   #5028
BHPian

Hi All

I am looking for some advice, i was following Hyundai Creta for the last 6 months and would have bought it - if not for the pricing and the rear seat not being comfortable for 3 (deal breaker for me). Hence shifted to Duster, I have always loved the Duster but never thought from the perspective of buying it. I completed the test drive yesterday of the 2WD 100PS RXZ Plus - top end variant of 2WD. Loved the ride quality, visibility, space etc... but i am dissapointed with few things
1. Rear AC is an after thought doesnt look good and obstructs the rear passenger
2. No climate control for a 15 Lakh car.
3. No bottle holders on the doors - front or back.
4. driver arm rest looks horrible, again an after thought addition.
5. The passenger handle's arent spring and is fixed permanently.

I hear rumours about a facelift coming again in early 2016, if yes - anyone has thoughts on if the above things will be addressed? I can wait for another 6 months if the new model will have significant facelift.

Any thoughts?
Old 27th July 2015, 17:23   #5029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
Hi All

I am looking for some advice, i was following Hyundai Creta for the last 6 months and would have bought it - if not for the pricing and the rear seat not being comfortable for 3 (deal breaker for me). Hence shifted to Duster, I have always loved the Duster but never thought from the perspective of buying it. I completed the test drive yesterday of the 2WD 100PS RXZ Plus - top end variant of 2WD. Loved the ride quality, visibility, space etc... but i am dissapointed with few things
1. Rear AC is an after thought doesnt look good and obstructs the rear passenger

I hear rumours about a facelift coming again in early 2016, if yes - anyone has thoughts on if the above things will be addressed? I can wait for another 6 months if the new model will have significant facelift.

Any thoughts?
If you have credible information about the facelift and you can wait then you should wait for it because they will definitely give the interior of the car a makeover to stay in the game.
As per the current duster I think you have rxz+ Variant which does not have the rear ac vent .
Driver armrest can look better with aftermarket covers done.
You have to buy half litre water bottles to fit in the bottle holders provided.
For the acc you have to wait for the facelift and hope that they add that as an feature. Hope this helps.
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 14:29   #5030
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All

Any thoughts?

I did an extensive test drive of Duster last week and would have considered it over the Creta if not for the interiors and the botched up ergonomics. I asked the SA about the new facelift and he mentioned that they have not heard anything officially from Renault so far and only rumored news is being circulated.

He went on to add that in the case of Kwid, they have been preparing for almost a year and by that analogy, if a new facelift is going to be launched early next year, then they should have heard something by now at least. So, i am not optimistic about a new launch in the next few months but i hope that it happens for our sake if not for Renault's own cause.

Creta although overpriced feels good as an overall package and i am in two minds whether to bite the bullet and go for it or if i should go back to something like the Honda city which is a good family car considering the lack of other good mini SUV options.
mustangvins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 16:46   #5031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
I did an extensive test drive of Duster last week and would have considered it over the Creta if not for the interiors and the botched up ergonomics. I asked the SA about the new facelift and he mentioned that they have not heard anything officially from Renault so far and only rumored news is being circulated.

He went on to add that in the case of Kwid, they have been preparing for almost a year and by that analogy, if a new facelift is going to be launched early next year, then they should have heard something by now at least. So, i am not optimistic about a new launch in the next few months but i hope that it happens for our sake if not for Renault's own cause.

Creta although overpriced feels good as an overall package and i am in two minds whether to bite the bullet and go for it or if i should go back to something like the Honda city which is a good family car considering the lack of other good mini SUV options.
Agree, I heard a similar response from the SA, however there seems to be confirmed rumours of AT version and some cosmetic changes coming up from Renault Duster in next few months.

While nothing specific on what those changes might be, seems to be an upgrade for sure.

On Creta, if it had only provided same ride quality, suspension, good feedback on steering, spacious rear seat, capability for Jump seat etc... Like duster. I wouldn't have worried about the pricing.

But with what it has to offer and VFM, it is a big disappointment for me.
arun.kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 19:43   #5032
BHPian

Dear fellow bhpians!

I am just coming after taking delivery of my friend's brand new Duster 85 ps Rxl Dci. I am a little concerned because the SA advised against ever filling diesel to the brim. He said that it might "overflow the engine" and the car may not start! I found it weird as I always fill my cars tank-full to tank full.

Experts please advise.
Masda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 00:42   #5033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
Dear fellow bhpians!

I am just coming after taking delivery of my friend's brand new Duster 85 ps Rxl Dci. I am a little concerned because the SA advised against ever filling diesel to the brim. He said that it might "overflow the engine" and the car may not start! I found it weird as I always fill my cars tank-full to tank full.

Experts please advise.
That's absurd. Just ignore his comments.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 1st August 2015 at 00:43.
xjosephjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2015, 19:29   #5034
BHPian

Quick question; have RxZ version which has this air (con) blower unit for the rear seats. With that is it possible to install an arm rest? Do the dealers do it or have to get it done by 3rd party? Thanks n cheers
Old 1st August 2015, 23:47   #5035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
Just ignore his comments.
Yup, will be doing just that. Thank you! BTW I have booked a Duster too (85 ps Rxl Dci) and will be picking it up soon. This is after months of test drives and countless showroom visits ranging from a Zest to Elite i20, Storme, and Scorpio.
Old 2nd August 2015, 07:14   #5036
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
My SA told me that they wanted to decrease the number of variants and make it simpler for the customer . I also went in to buy a 85ps rxl+ and ended up buying the 110 rxl (which only has driver airbag and abs) . Although the 85ps rxz would have cost me 50k more I liked the dynamics of the 110ps more. Hopefully they might introduce the + models again if they feel threatened by Creta and Scross .

I really hate this darned manufacturer habit of creating the El Cheapo de-specced versions for India. What possible savings can there be by providing just one Airbag?
Miserable louts these manufacturers are - the Indian public should vote against them with their wallets!

Adding to what you say, the Renault guys and others, had better wake up to the Creta threat - this is absolutely wrong timing for them to be introducing de-specced versions in their variants especially when Hyundai is loading more into each variant!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 07:21   #5037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post
Dear fellow bhpians!

Experts please advise.
I think you have posted in wrong thread......this belongs to Joke's thread. 😁

Yes to not filling up to the brim of filler pipe. But that too not about flooding the engine but about letting air vent. How can vehicle with fuel injection flood?
Old 2nd August 2015, 07:53   #5038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree, I heard a similar response from the SA, however there seems to be confirmed rumours of AT version and some cosmetic changes coming up from Renault Duster in next few months.

While nothing specific on what those changes might be, seems to be an upgrade for sure.

On Creta, if it had only provided same ride quality, suspension, good feedback on steering, spacious rear seat, capability for Jump seat etc... Like duster. I wouldn't have worried about the pricing.

But with what it has to offer and VFM, it is a big disappointment for me.
There are few things that a Hyundai can't do, but it more than compensates with goodies, etc. But if road manners are priority, then Duster is far superior. Especially for Bangalore roads - you know what i mean!

I have owned a Duster RXZ AWD for 8 months and absolutely no complaints what so ever. The service experience has been good too.
My only gripe is that I don't feel i am in a 15L car :(
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2015, 07:57   #5039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Quick question; have RxZ version which has this air (con) blower unit for the rear seats. With that is it possible to install an arm rest? Do the dealers do it or have to get it done by 3rd party? Thanks n cheers
AFAIK, they have discontinued the rear AC vents. This was eating into the rear space and there were more complaints than accolades. BTW, Renault are quite boastful that they can seat 3 adults with comfort at the rear!

The UK models do come with arm rest, I believe. But need to take a trip to the automative streets of Bangalore - I am sure they have something just as good!
Old 2nd August 2015, 08:45   #5040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
I think you have posted in wrong thread......this belongs to Joke's thread. 😁
True that! When I booked my Duster from another dealer yesterday, I acted naive and asked the same question just to see what this SA's response might be. Thankfully, he was more knowledgeable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks