Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2015, 11:31   #5101
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Sorry to hear it didnt work for you. I am also one of the early buyers of an 85PS with 42K on the ODO.

Clutch, yes its a tiresome when you try to squeeze the pedal to its last breath, there is a sweetspot where you can change the gear and with that I dont face any issue with the clutch hardness and the clutch is perfectly fine (touch wood )

AC, didnt find any issues in Cochin and Bangalore climate.

Engine, After remapping I never had a complain even after driving the old\new 110PS stock. It always put smile on my face with the raw power that pushes me back to the seat. The light weight of the car helps too.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 11:35   #5102
BHPian

7-seater Renault Duster spotted for the first time – EXCLUSIVE

via Motoroctane

Renault Duster : Official Review-fgb.jpg

Quote:
The new-generation Renault Duster has been spotted for the first time. It is bigger and wider than before. The new-generation Duster will sport seven seats and will be longer by about 15 cms, states Andreas who spotted this vehicle. While the Duster facelift is being tested in India, the new-generation is already under work and will be launched in 2017 in India.

The test mule has been spotted in Europe and it will first be unveiled as a Dacia. This new SUV will be based on the Duster Oroch pick up, which was showcased at the 2014 Sao Paulo Show.

SandyX is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 20:41   #5103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
My duster's air filter (K&N) cleaning was pending for a long time, I got some time to work on it on the weekend. Also I noticed a little bit of smoking due to the dirty filter and a drop in performance. Following are the pics during the cleaning:

Pic1 and 2 : Dirty filter and the dirt
Pic3 and 3 : Cleaned with APC and thoroughly rinsed the filter and dried it in the sunlight
Pic4 and 5 : Oiled and kept it for proper settling in to the cotton.

Refitted and voila, car is happily revving and really a great improvement. Another Saturday well spent.

It would be great if you can post a step by step instruction on removing the air filter. I wanted to try DIY cleaning but not confident. I used to do it myself in the old Swift where it was a straight forward job. But in Duster, removing the air filter seems to be a bit complex.
Old 8th September 2015, 22:07   #5104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
It would be great if you can post a step by step instruction on removing the air filter. I wanted to try DIY cleaning but not confident. I used to do it myself in the old Swift where it was a straight forward job. But in Duster, removing the air filter seems to be a bit complex.

Its the same a s Clio's filter as shown in the following video. The difference is that it has 4 more screws at the bottom and 3 at the sides (unlike the locks) and the filter assembly has to be taken out, before that you need to disconnect the battery (else ECU will put 1 or 2 errors due to the sensors on the filter assembly), then disconnect the 2 sensor probes. Rest both are same.

For cleaning any oil based cotton filters, follow the following video:
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 06:51   #5105
Senior - BHPian

Folks

The problem with the gear getting stuck between 1st & 2nd is starting again.

Background: around 17-18k, the gear lever used to become immovable when changing from 1st to 2nd. Basically, one would have to release & press the clutch again for it to work. Took it to Renault and they said they could not replicate it.Everybody else who drove the car other than Renault commented on this problem. My personal feeling was that the clutch was the issue - had a similar issue on my Innova between 2nd & 3rd when I put in a new, non company clutch (long story!). THe problem only went away when I replaced the clutch.

So, after keeping the car for 4-5 days, Renault returned it saying "Cant replicate the problem but as a goodwill gesture, the entire gearbox has been replaced". I did tell them to first replace the clutch if that fixes the problem but they claimed to have replaced the gearbox. Whatever it was, the problem went away.

Now, about 6 months later, at around 37k, the problem is resurfacing. It is starting to get stuck.

Questions:

- What do you think could be the reason
- What should I do, in terms of warranty? (The car is 15-16 months old)
- How can I ensure Renault acknowledges the problem in the first place, as currently, it is intermittent?
- Has anybody else had the same problem?

Thanks a lot.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 10:45   #5106
BHPian

I faced the exact same problem 3 days back. Gear got stuck.

This is stupid really. Third class Renault
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2015, 18:55   #5107
BANNED

Hi

In my Duster AWD - Smoked Headlamps I'm having some strange formations. This is the second time it has happened.

First time when it happened, then I complained to Renault and they replaced both the Headlight assemblies.

Going to Service Centre this weekend to show. Just want to know if anyone else is also having this problem.

This is visible only when you switch on headlights.

First Two Pictures are of Driver Side headlight and third is from Passenger Side. The streaks visible are not outside the Lens, actually it is inside.

Both these headlight assemblies are just 3 months old since replacement happened in June 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-20150909_181944.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20150909_181959.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-20150909_182033.jpg  

micrographics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2015, 22:46   #5108
BHPian

So one more horror story!

Around 15 th August i discovered a rat entering the cabin and chewing up the rear upholstery! My four months old duster suddenly aged 10 years in three days! it was painful to say the least. Nothing i tried stopped the rodent.

I tried greasing the axles, put naphthalene balls in the engine bay and the cabin. Put rat poison bars in the car cabin and around the car but to no effect. finally took it to my mechanic who fixed a metal grill to the AC duct! the problem has stopped now but has forced me into a seat cover upgrade.

Some things that are worrying me-

-shouldn't Renault themselves have installed a guard to prevent rat entry in the cabin?Isn't this a design fault?

-There is a swift dezire parked in the same garage for past two years, touchwood things like this never happened to it!

- The rat has nibbled on the rear seat belts-about 10% damage on cross section, should these be replaced?

-Should i take this up with the Renault guys?can i ask to be compensated?

PS- my mechanic told me that the rat comes through the water drain pipe (pic attached) in the wiper bay and enters the cabin through the AC air duct (pic attached). we did not apply mesh on the water drain to prevent possible clog. I strongly recommend anyone with rat trouble or even otherwise to get the steel mesh fixed. Believe me it will save you a ton of heart ache!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-01.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-02.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-03.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-04.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-05.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-06.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-07.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-08.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-09.jpg  

mh09ad5578 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 11:06   #5109

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Arun,

If you read the reviews, the Duster blows others away in striking a balance between ride comfort and handling. The achillies heel of the duster is it's poorly designed dash and center console. There is not place to keep a phone in the center console. Only place is above the stereo on top of the dash and your battery will bulge in no time under the heat of the Sun.

In my case, I bought the 4WD so there was no options for me. I am very happy with my duster except for the center console. Don't they have smart phones in Checkoslovakia or whereever Dacia comes from?
Since you made a big deal about keeping a smartphone. Here's a solution. You can keep it in the tray under the hand brake lever. Very convenient and in easy reach, when required.
chiragpatnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 23:41   #5110
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragpatnaik View Post
Since you made a big deal about keeping a smartphone. Here's a solution. You can keep it in the tray under the hand brake lever. Very convenient and in easy reach, when required.
Do you have a duster? Only the small phone hits in there. Not very convenient and not very easy to take it out. Remember it is under the hand brake lever..

After paying 16 lakhs on the road, is it too much to ask for a decent place to keep your phone when even basic hatches have it? Try not to become a fanboy and make excuses for manufacturers when they haven't done their home work.

Last edited by 4x4addict : 13th September 2015 at 23:43.
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 08:10   #5111
Senior - BHPian

It is probably a mistake to get into this but what the hell!...

I can keep a z3 comfortably on the inner ledge on top of the dash. No sun, no worries!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 09:43   #5112
BHPian

Not commenting on the above discussion but, I think one adapts to the car and makes the available spaces relevant to the way one wants to. It took me all of two days to get used to the opposite sticks for indicator and wiper. Never had a issue with the mirror adjuster being below the handbrake.. Don't really fiddle with it all the time. Fix it and more on. The slot below the handbrake is what i've always used to park my MotorolaX2. Close enough to the charging port too. The backseat does not have enough storage areas, that's the only grouse but I've never sat there, so..
Old 14th September 2015, 16:03   #5113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
After paying 16 lakhs on the road, is it too much to ask for a decent place to keep your phone when even basic hatches have it?
I keep my iphone under handbreak or in front handbreak (cup holders), didn't think of it as big deal. Don't get me wrong, but if its was such a big deal, then you should have checked it during TD. Ergonomics is an important part which many of us miss out during TD.

An alternate solution could be to invest couple of hundred bucks and get a car phone holder
Old 14th September 2015, 16:11   #5114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh09ad5578 View Post

PS- my mechanic told me that the rat comes through the water drain pipe (pic attached) in the wiper bay and enters the cabin through the AC air duct (pic attached). we did not apply mesh on the water drain to prevent possible clog. I strongly recommend anyone with rat trouble or even otherwise to get the steel mesh fixed. Believe me it will save you a ton of heart ache!
You may get some answers here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-car-rats.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...nt-menace.html
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 19:53   #5115
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Don't get me wrong, but if its was such a big deal, then you should have checked it during TD. Ergonomics is an important part which many of us miss out during TD.
Dude, I am very happy with my duster, but if there is a flaw is it a crime to point it out? I can strap the phone around my head also if required. There are many ways around it, but those are excuses to get around a flaw..
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks