Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2014, 11:39   #3601
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think that rattle may be because of the lock lever playing with the door lining. And they may be fixing that part. (Just my thoughts). Since I have both the inner and outer linings covered by damping material I don't hear any rattle.
Hey Ampere, I couldn't find your thread on changes you did. Pasting your link will be helpful for reference.

I thought you only worked on damping the door walls to install speakers. Did you also work on the beading or anything else?
Old 7th February 2014, 12:47   #3602
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Hey Ampere, I couldn't find your thread on changes you did. Pasting your link will be helpful for reference.

I thought you only worked on damping the door walls to install speakers. Did you also work on the beading or anything else?
No I dont have a thread. You are correct. I did damping for the door during speaker installs. But the damping was done for both inner and outer lining of the doors. And it was done for the full doors and not just the doors around the speaker alone. Gives a solid thud like feel. May be because of that the locking lever does not touch the door and hence no rattle. (Again all my guess work).
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 14:17   #3603
BHPian

Hillman, I did not want to do dampeners as first try. I asked them to tighten all the door fasteners. That worked After that I did the Sathyamangalam route drive, didn't experience any rattle. May have another long trip this month and will go for dampeners if noise/rattle returns.
Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 21:58   #3604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I have booked a Duster, 85 PS RxL model, Diesel version. The OTR is Rs.10.97 lacs for this model.
I would appreciate your feedback on the same.
Further to my above posting, I took delivery of my Duster, Woodland Brown on 31st January. I called the Sales Adviser on the previous date and informed him the that I would be arriving by 10.30 am to take delivery of the car. He told me that the car would be ready the same day evening and I can come and take delivery. I told him I wished to take delivery at day time and he readily accepted. My experience with Swathi (SA) was very good. As I booked the car and resumed duty, he was following up with all the necessary documentation required from our side and from the bank side as I had availed car loan from SBI. His frequent follow up with the bank manager enabled me to get the loan sanctioned in 2-3 days.
As scheduled, we arrived Renault Trichur Showroom at 10.15 am. SA informed me that the car has been taken for Water wash and would be ready in 30 minutes. We intended to take the car only after 12.00 pm as my wife is very particular about the auspicious time. I had printed the PDI inspection checklist from TBHP and with slight modifications to it. When he saw the PDI checklist he was shocked and asked what is this list. I handed over the list to him and told that I would be going through each of this one by one. After 30 minutes, our car came after the wash. As he was busy with another car delivery he handed over the car at my disposal for the PDI. I went through each item on the PDI list and noted the points that I wanted to ask him. When he returned I cleared all my doubts and he was more than happy to clear my list of queries.
While in the showroom, noticed a Blue color Duster, 110 PS kept on display.
It was already 12:15 pm by the time I completed my PDI. My dad took delivery of the car and we all joined. Unfortunately, the SA who was taking the photos on my camera did not click those moments and after reaching home, those precious moments were not captured.
On the way home, I gave my family a lunch treat at Lulu Restaurant in Trichur.
In the meanwhile, I had ordered some accessories for Duster from web and received all of it. The next phase would be installation of these accessories.
I am attaching the photos of Delivery and the accessories.

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6888.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6893.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6885.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6970.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6971.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6972.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6974.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6975.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6976.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6981.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6978.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_6979.jpg

I got all the accessories installed on my Duster and some photos of the same.
I have ordered for LED Fog Lamps and side door beading that I should be getting tomorrow by courier.

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0063.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0062.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0060.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0059.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0064.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0066.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0067.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0068.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0071.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0072.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0073.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0065.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th February 2014 at 22:28. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.
jaisha8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 09:30   #3605
BHPian

Congrats and the accessories look good too! The front bull bar, is it sturdy? All accessories done by SA? Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 11:15   #3606
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new buy. How about Alloys? Thoughts in that direction?
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 16:29   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
I got all the accessories installed on my Duster and some photos of the same.
I have ordered for LED Fog Lamps and side door beading that I should be getting tomorrow by courier.
Congrats on the new buy but the accessories seems overly done. You have added more chrome to the already existing glare. The chrome fuel lids looks kind of college student stuff. The car in its simpler form looks far better. For me, accessories should be put to have some utility. Just my thoughts, if you are happy with it, the rest can go to hell.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2014, 19:09   #3608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Congrats on the new buy. How about Alloys? Thoughts in that direction?
Thank you ampere. Yes, that is also in my list for the second phase of fitments? I plan to get these from Ludhiana next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Congrats on the new buy but the accessories seems overly done. You have added more chrome to the already existing glare. The chrome fuel lids looks kind of college student stuff.
Thank you and appreciate your frank comments. Tastes and likes differ from person to person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Congrats and the accessories look good too! The front bull bar, is it sturdy? All accessories done by SA? Cheers
Thank you Waxeloquent. The front bull bar is sturdy and strong. No all accessories are after-market fitment, only the silencer cover is from SA.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th February 2014 at 13:02. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
Old 8th February 2014, 22:16   #3609
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you Waxeloquent. The front bull bar is sturdy and strong. No all accessories are after-market fitment, only the silencer cover is from SA.
Sir your front bumper looks very elegant can you share us the details like cost and which manufacturer produces the bumper
Old 10th February 2014, 10:57   #3610
BHPian

thought of cross posting this here (from the Terrano thread)

but a word of caution here: the 85 does run out of juice in a very typical situation on the highways.
On 2 lane roads.
If you have vehicle coming towards you from the opposite direction and you yourself are overtaking a vehicle from the right- be very cautious.
The 85 or lemme hazard a guess, the K9K engine itself; runs out of steam pretty fast and while you will see a lot of huffing and puffing of the engine- you will not see outright acceleration needed to complete this (possibly) risky but not entirely foreseeable maneuvering.

Consider yourself warned !
BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 12:13   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
If you have vehicle coming towards you from the opposite direction and you yourself are overtaking a vehicle from the right- be very cautious.

This is a very very important point. On the highways, be very sure of your overtaking when a vehicle is coming towards you. Even if you have the 110PS or a much superior car, overtaking should be done only when its 100% confidence. The golden rule, if one is in two minds during this overtaking, Let Go. Make another attempt when the car from the opposite direction passes.
The 110PS though is a charm on the highways.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 10th February 2014 at 12:14.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:18   #3612
BHPian

Is the Blue now a standard color on the duster thought it was only a special edition one before?
Old 10th February 2014, 22:18   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
thought of cross posting this here (from the Terrano thread)

but a word of caution here: the 85 does run out of juice in a very typical situation on the highways.
On 2 lane roads.
The 85 or lemme hazard a guess, the K9K engine itself; runs out of steam pretty fast and while you will see a lot of huffing and puffing of the engine- you will not see outright acceleration needed to complete this (possibly) risky but not entirely foreseeable maneuvering.

Well i have a 85 duster and never feel underpowered or had to plan overtaking well in advance compared to my previous car which was swift vdi and in fact found the city driving even more easy due to no turbo lag
ashwinvardhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 06:52   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
Is the Blue now a standard color on the duster thought it was only a special edition one before?

Yes it is now. Wish they also had the dark olive green as an option. Hands down the best Duster colour IMO.

On another note I'm a little pissed about the news of the 4x4 variant, I would have waited a little more had I known it was coming, had always assumed that they won't launch in India judging by no news on it.

Hope the side cladding of the adventure version is also available as accessories.
Old 11th February 2014, 20:09   #3615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Yes it is now. Wish they also had the dark olive green as an option. Hands down the best Duster colour IMO.

That's great but it is not seen on the Renault site though, is it available for all models the blue or only top end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks