Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 14:52   #3706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Thanks swiftnfurious. That was very informative that I did not know.
You can escape from RTO, if you can prove the lights are not connected and are for display purpose alone.

Also the roof lights must be covered when not in use.
Old 27th February 2014, 14:41   #3707
Senior - BHPian

No Power Steering on 85 PS Diesel ???

The specifications section for Duster in the Renault official website says the Duster Diesel 85 PS models don't have any power steering in any of the versions !!! This is quite a shocker to me really.

Can anyone explain or confirm this to me please? I asked the sales guy at a dealership here and he says that yes they all come with power steering. He didn't seem to know anything about the official website or what it says. Is it possible that the official Renault site is wrong ??? Or am I making some mistake somewhere?

Here is a screenshot taken from the official website.

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster.jpg
Old 27th February 2014, 14:56   #3708
Team-BHP Support

Re: No Power Steering on 85 PS Diesel ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Here is a screenshot taken from the official website.
I just saw the site. It says power assisted for all versions. Not sure what am I missing.
Old 27th February 2014, 15:04   #3709
BHPian

Re: No Power Steering on 85 PS Diesel ???

Quote:
The specifications section for Duster in the Renault official website says the Duster Diesel 85 PS models don't have any power steering in any of the versions !!! This is quite a shocker to me really.

Can anyone explain or confirm this to me please? I asked the sales guy at a dealership here and he says that yes they all come with power steering. He didn't seem to know anything about the official website or what it says. Is it possible that the official Renault site is wrong ??? Or am I making some mistake somewhere?

Attachment 1212848
I was told by the SA that it has both electronic as well as hydraulic power steering and either of them kicks in depending on the situation or something like that... however, i did have my own suspicions on the power steering as the steering comfort on my 3 month old 85PS is worse than my 13 year old Santro and 7 year old City. Hope someone can confirm.
Old 27th February 2014, 15:09   #3710
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Thank you for sharing this !

Could you also let me know whether you added any accessory or had used the 12V socket just before this Radio problem surfaced?
Also, could you share the part number/details of the Fuse that was blown? Was it replaced in the fuse panel in the dash (passenger side) ?

Reason I ask- I recently got a Emporis Air Compressor and connected it to the 12V socket in the dash. The Radio problem surfaced after that only.
Though I never switched ON the compressor since the gauge showed that the Tyre pressure was fine.

The compressor is rated 10Amps on the website, but the actual gadget has a sticker that says 15A. I did clarify with Sahil from Emporis who assured me that car fuses will not be blown as 15A is MAX current drawn when the compressor is used to fill up to 60 PSI etc
Don't know if this helps, but during my recent visit to the service center, my SA said not to use the front cigarette lighter charger outlet for any mobile charging or any other use. Only for cigarette lighting. He mentioned something about lower voltage output and the chances of fuse blowing. Maybe this is why you guys have been facing issues with your charging.
Old 27th February 2014, 15:09   #3711
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible that they are calling their steering system by some other name? But in that case they wouldn't have the column called Power Steering in the first place. Meanwhile, the Terrano site says they all have power steering.
I am really curious to know what we are missing here or what's going on.
Old 27th February 2014, 15:10   #3712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Can anyone explain or confirm this to me please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I just saw the site. It says power assisted for all versions. Not sure what am I missing.
Even I could see that steering is power assisted for all versions. See screen shot.

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster.png
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 15:41   #3713
Senior - BHPian

When I download the brochure there is a tick mark against the power steering column for all the models. This means the section from where I took the screen shot has wrong information. Someone should inform them about this.
Old 28th February 2014, 14:47   #3714
BHPian

Has anyone installed Diesel tuning box for 110 Ps Diesel version ?
I am looking for user experience about Dieseltronics on 110 ps Duster

Since 110 ps is a VGT, I heard dieseltronics is not going to launch two stage power box for Duster where as its available for Cruze
Any comments on it?
Old 28th February 2014, 17:01   #3715

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinThekkan View Post
K&N filters are available for 110ps variant, i am using it in my Duster.

Not sure about K&N for 85ps variant but green cotton filters are available for the same.
From where did you buy and for how much?
Any contact number for enquiry?
Thanks.
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:18   #3716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_duster View Post
Thanks.
I bought it from Ernakulam, Kerala. It was around 4k, If I recall correctly.
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:14   #3717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_duster View Post
Thanks.
The 85PS filter costs 5490/-(mrp). As per the official importer of K&N Filters (Methods Automotive), only 85PS filters are available in the Indian market and 110PS filters are under testing, not yet introduced. Moreover you can buy it from SnapDeal with seasonal discounts as they have a store, make sure you get in touch with them before you order.
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:37   #3718
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
Don't know if this helps, but during my recent visit to the service center, my SA said not to use the front cigarette lighter charger outlet for any mobile charging or any other use. Only for cigarette lighting. He mentioned something about lower voltage output and the chances of fuse blowing. Maybe this is why you guys have been facing issues with your charging.
This is quite surprising. Never had such a problem. In fact, I never use the one in the back. Its the front one which is doing duty all the time. When I say all the time, I dont use it 100% of the time. Usage is quite rare in the city.

But on long drives, the GPS is always powered up.
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:47   #3719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

This is quite surprising. Never had such a problem. In fact, I never use the one in the back. Its the front one which is doing duty all the time. When I say all the time, I dont use it 100% of the time. Usage is quite rare in the city.

But on long drives, the GPS is always powered up.
Exactly the same in my case too. I never used the rear. My phone too is always powered up for gps. I use the capdase dual usb and at times used both the ports. Never did I face any problems too.
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:20   #3720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Exactly the same in my case too. I never used the rear. My phone too is always powered up for gps. I use the capdase dual usb and at times used both the ports. Never did I face any problems too.
This ("don't use the front charging outlet") is something the SA told me on his own volition - I didn't even bring up anything about the charger.

Maybe someone with an ammeter can measure the voltage and ampere output from this outlet and inform us !? Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks