Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2014, 00:06   #3616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post

Yes it is now. Wish they also had the dark olive green as an option. Hands down the best Duster colour IMO.

On another note I'm a little pissed about the news of the 4x4 variant, I would have waited a little more had I known it was coming, had always assumed that they won't launch in India judging by no news on it.

Hope the side cladding of the adventure version is also available as accessories.
A 4wd variant? Is it really coming? Wow! That would be fantastic. I had given up on it after Renault had given a miss to 4wd on its adventure model showcased in auto expo.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 12th February 2014 at 00:08.
Old 12th February 2014, 13:50   #3617
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
thought of cross posting this here (from the Terrano thread)

but a word of caution here: the 85 does run out of juice in a very typical situation on the highways.
On 2 lane roads.
If you have vehicle coming towards you from the opposite direction and you yourself are overtaking a vehicle from the right- be very cautious.
The 85 or lemme hazard a guess, the K9K engine itself; runs out of steam pretty fast and while you will see a lot of huffing and puffing of the engine- you will not see outright acceleration needed to complete this (possibly) risky but not entirely foreseeable maneuvering.

Consider yourself warned !
Yes, I agree its a matter of caution. But If the driver knows the vehicle, he will never face a similar situation. If you need more power at a particular time and you try to get it fast from a high gear, it will be utter foolishness unless the rpm is enough for the gear to give the required torque. A better driver will downshift to get torque immediately than complaining on the car. Its true for all the cars, not limited to any specific car. I have seen people lugging the engine at high gear even while overtaking, to avoid a gearshift to save the clutch plates

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 12th February 2014 at 13:59.
Old 12th February 2014, 13:59   #3618

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/renault...us-rs-106-lakh

Last week had a duster Test Drive & got to see the 85 PS RXL Plus variant introduced and even for Petrol 104 PS there RXL Plus, Chennai Price & Spec sheet attached for reference w.e.f 01-Feb-14
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-spec-sheet.jpg  

kartikeyanP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 17:05   #3619
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I personally visited the Renault service center in Jaipur on the 18th of December and sat there for 2 hours wile they made a job card for checking tire noise. The job card only mentioned that but I doubt if any balancing, alignment or rotation was done. They just checked the tire pressure in all four tires which was (according to them) 40 psi in all four tires. This was after I got it filled to 29 psi from our nearby petrol pump two days earlier.

They said they did the wheel alignment or checked it i guess and said everything was fine. I did not receive any bill or the alignment report either.

The humming noise is still there.
Renault gave us two brand new tires yesterday, FOC. Immediately after the new set was installed at the front, the humming noise vanished. Good for another 35,000 km at least.

However the CRI or CRM whatever that they had opened regarding the uneven tire wear complaint is still open as informed by them. Which males me believe that something is still wrong, even these tires will wear out unevenly.

Another fact to support that the problem lies in the vehicle is an interaction with another Duster owner whose car was running on Apollo Hawkz which showed uneven wear similar to the tires on our car.

We have decided to get alignment checked at Renault every 5,000 km so that the responsibility of uneven wear if it occurs will be their's. Really want people having similar problems to share their story here. Seems to be a manufacturing defect related to the camber setting of the front suspension. Some vehicles have it and some don't is what my perception is, since very few people (two) have reported it here.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 21:41   #3620

Quote:

Seems to be a manufacturing defect related to the camber setting of the front suspension. Some vehicles have it and some don't is what my perception is, since very few people (two) have reported it here.
Whats the correct camber angle? I got my wheel alignment /balancing done at an MRF Franchisee and I was told that there is something wrong with my vehicle's Camber.

I have a wheel alignment report which I plan to take to a Renault Workshop.

There are no signs of uneven wear though.
Old 12th February 2014, 22:11   #3621
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG10 View Post
Whats the correct camber angle? I got my wheel alignment /balancing done at an MRF Franchisee and I was told that there is something wrong with my vehicle's Camber.

I have a wheel alignment report which I plan to take to a Renault Workshop.

There are no signs of uneven wear though.
How many km do you have on your ODOmeter? The signs of wear vary and are visible starting from 15 k to 25 k km based on the degree of misaligned camber. At first they will say it is a toe-in toe-out problem when you report uneven wear, but it actually is the camber in many vehicles.

As for the correct camber settings. It is a well guarded secret at least for me. The alignment shops have some settings but the Renault A.S.S. people do not consider them the correct readings and neither do they tell you the correct ones as per their records. They never give alignment reports, leave alone alignment reports which have company data, before and after alignment data.

Something is cooking.
Old 12th February 2014, 22:17   #3622

Quote:
How many km do you have on your ODOmeter? The signs of wear vary and are visible starting from 15 k to 25 k km based on the degree of misaligned camber. At first they will say it is a toe-in toe-out problem when you report uneven wear, but it actually is the camber in many vehicles.

Something is cooking.
I have close to 13k on the ODO - NO signs right now.

I think I will take this up this weekend and see what they have to say.

So, they should be willing to replace the tyres if its a proven case of manufacturing defect ?
Old 13th February 2014, 00:27   #3623
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG10 View Post
I have close to 13k on the ODO - NO signs right now.

I think I will take this up this weekend and see what they have to say.

So, they should be willing to replace the tyres if its a proven case of manufacturing defect ?
Not willing to replace tires neither its a manufacturing defect.

They obliged after much persuasion to give two new tires under goodwill warranty. But it was against a CRI or CRM whatever, which means it is with approval from Renault HQ.

This only means that a complaint was raised and for the incovenience to customer is taken care of till the cause is known.
Old 13th February 2014, 10:11   #3624
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Duster SUV gets new variant - RxL Plus

Renault Duster 85PS gets new trim with safety features like airbags, ABS, EBD and brake assist.

Options pack on the RxL trim which includes parking sensors and a driver seat belt reminder in addition to the kit on the RxL Plus model.

Renault has priced the Duster RxL Plus at Rs 10.6 lakh while the RxL options pack comes at Rs 11.18 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi).

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th February 2014 at 10:13.
Old 13th February 2014, 10:20   #3625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Renault Duster SUV gets new variant - RxL Plus
Quite old news. Here's our news item on the same:

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/renaul...us-rs-106-lakh
Old 13th February 2014, 11:26   #3626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra85 View Post
That's great but it is not seen on the Renault site though, is it available for all models the blue or only top end.
The blue color is available only for 110 PS top end model and not for any other variants. When I went to take delivery, blue color was showcased and I inquired
about swapping the color. So this is what SA informed me.
jaisha8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 11:42   #3627
BHPian

I bought some more accessories for my Duster. The automatic Window Curtains, 27W LED Fog lamps, Scuff Sill plates and also changed the seat covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0132.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0129.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0127.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0126.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0131.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0128.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0130.jpg  

jaisha8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 11:51   #3628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I bought some more accessories for my Duster. The automatic Window Curtains, 27W LED Fog lamps, Scuff Sill plates and also changed the seat covers.
Where did you get these curtains? Review and price please!
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 13:21   #3629
BHPian

Yup the window screen looks real cool Any brand name/source? Tnx n Cheers
Waxeloquent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 13:26   #3630
BHPian

I received an email from Renaults Chennai dealer. I think this may be useful for interested duster owners. I am giving the entire email hereunder. If this is against any forum rule, Mods, plz remove it.

Dear Duster Owner,
Thank You for making the first edition of the Renault Duster Off-Road Excursion a success.

Khivraj Pearl has a whole calendar of off-road events for Renault Duster Owners, to prepare them for the Raid-de-Himalaya (October 2014) and the Desert Storm (February 2015)

The Next event is on 22-23 February 2014 at Green Castle Resorts.

http://www.greencastleresorts.com/about_us.html

We have created an online Registration Process (Registration fee is Rs 2000 per Vehicle per day for a Maximum of 4 Participants including Children, the Registration Fee includes Refreshments and Lunch)

http://www.meraevents.com/event/khiv...oad-excursions.

About Renault Duster off-road excursions

https://www.facebook.com/KhivrajDuster

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...rl-dealer.html
--
Who Dares, Wins

Renault Duster Offroad Excursions2014.pdf

Last edited by vskesavan : 13th February 2014 at 13:30. Reason: for better layout
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks