Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 11:38   #3646
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
I received an email from Renaults Chennai dealer. I think this may be useful for interested duster owners. I am giving the entire email hereunder. If this is against any forum rule, Mods, plz remove it.

Dear Duster Owner,
Thank You for making the first edition of the Renault Duster Off-Road Excursion a success.

Khivraj Pearl has a whole calendar of off-road events for Renault Duster Owners, to prepare them for the Raid-de-Himalaya (October 2014) and the Desert Storm (February 2015)

The Next event is on 22-23 February 2014 at Green Castle Resorts.

http://www.greencastleresorts.com/about_us.html

We have created an online Registration Process (Registration fee is Rs 2000 per Vehicle per day for a Maximum of 4 Participants including Children, the Registration Fee includes Refreshments and Lunch)

http://www.meraevents.com/event/khiv...oad-excursions.

About Renault Duster off-road excursions

https://www.facebook.com/KhivrajDuster

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...rl-dealer.html
--
Who Dares, Wins

Renault Duster Offroad Excursions2014.pdf
I am interested in Raid-de-Himalaya, but from Hyderabad.

Any idea what are the requirements and more details ?

The local Renault dealer is crap and he doesn't even ready to fix rattles in my Duster :-(

Thanks.
Old 18th February 2014, 14:30   #3647
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need help to figure out if there are any options available for stubby (shorter) antennas? The one that came with Terrano is a bit long and it gets stuck in the ceiling every now and then. I have currently opened it and put in the trunk as I feared that it might break the antenna or worse, could cause major scratches on the car. It would have been helpful if there was a way to retract the antenna to a convenient height.
Old 18th February 2014, 15:19   #3648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Nemo View Post
The one that came with Terrano is a bit long and it gets stuck in the ceiling every now and then.
The antenna does not have to be sticking out to catch signals. You can keep it horizontal and it will still work.

The Terrano /Duster are not the only vehicles with an external antenna. The Storme's taller than the Duster, and has a foot long antenna too. I have kept it horizontal (parallel to the roof), and have never had a problem in either reception quality or getting stuck somewhere..
Old 19th February 2014, 18:55   #3649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
I am interested in Raid-de-Himalaya, but from Hyderabad.

Any idea what are the requirements and more details ?

The local Renault dealer is crap and he doesn't even ready to fix rattles in my Duster :-(

Thanks.
Its open to all Duster owners.
Try the following link to know more details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...rl-dealer.html

I have registered for the off-roading excursion to be held on coming Sunday, 23rd of Feb. I will post more details about Raid de Himalaya after getting them.
vskesavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 21:35   #3650
BHPian

Took my Duster to the fields and shared some time with the wild. Let the pictures do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0295.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0296.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0253.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0263.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0256.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0269.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0271.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0272.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0252.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0251.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0286.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0284.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0293.jpg  

Last edited by jaisha8 : 19th February 2014 at 21:38.
jaisha8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 21:39   #3651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
The new modified 'Duster' available in Thrissur showroom now. Price is a bit higher than the actual.
Thanks for bringing this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is there a way you could get more pics, from all angles? It looks nice. And what are the changes? Is it just external or something in the interiors as well?

And how much more than the normal variant?
I checked out the vehicle personally in the same showroom a week back, when I took my Duster for wheel alignment @ 5000 km.

This ain't a modified duster introduced by Renault; It's just a mod-job done by the dealer. They took one of their White test drive vehicle and painted the exterior; interior wasn't painted though.

From what I can recollect, they charge a hefty Rs. 1,60,000 premium (whatever be the model of Duster) for this. In addition to the Duster D-Cross like full paint job, you get brownish-red (Oops, I'm bad at naming colors) art leather seat covers, a sturdy bull bar/ front armour, a fake hood scoop, door visors, chrome door Handles, chrome lamp ornaments, rear spoiler and new set of Alloy wheels. I noticed a different HU as well (Blaupunkt, I guess).

I'm not sure what people who buy the Option Pack models will do with their factory fitted alloys and Medianav if they opt for this.

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster_dcross_renaultthrissur_front.jpg
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster_dcross_renaultthrissur_3quarter.jpg
xjosephjacob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 22:10   #3652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Took my Duster to the fields and shared some time with the wild. Let the pictures do the talking.
Hey,

Nice ride there.
Btw are those horns from Bosch? How would you rate them when compared to Roots Vibrasonics or Hella Red Grill.

Regards
Old 19th February 2014, 23:58   #3653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The antenna does not have to be sticking out to catch signals. You can keep it horizontal and it will still work.
I have kept it horizontal (parallel to the roof), and have never had a problem in either reception quality or getting stuck somewhere..
But in our A-Star there would be no or poor reception with the antenna in horizontal position. Lifting it up by 2 inches would also improve the sound quality drastically. This was from day 1 till the car was sold.
Old 20th February 2014, 06:37   #3654
BHPian

I too use antenna at horizontal position and find no issue with reception within city. On long drives I raise it a few inches.

In fact within cities fm signals are pretty strong. My Spark's antenna is broken and I didn't have to replace it. The wire connecting from stereo to roof for the antenna is able to do the job.

Last edited by HillMan : 20th February 2014 at 06:42.
Old 20th February 2014, 07:40   #3655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I too use antenna at horizontal position and find no issue with reception within city. On long drives I raise it a few inches.

In fact within cities fm signals are pretty strong. My Spark's antenna is broken and I didn't have to replace it. The wire connecting from stereo to roof for the antenna is able to do the job.

Don't you get whiplash from the horizontal antenna on the roof when going over bumps?
Old 20th February 2014, 08:52   #3656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
Don't you get whiplash from the horizontal antenna on the roof when going over bumps?
It's not noticeable. You need a bad bump for it. The antenna is stiff enough.

Last edited by HillMan : 20th February 2014 at 08:53.
Old 20th February 2014, 10:18   #3657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
...This ain't a modified duster introduced by Renault; It's just a mod-job done by the dealer...
That was quite obvious. But I liked the custom paint job.

Quote:
...From what I can recollect, they charge a hefty Rs. 1,60,000 premium (whatever be the model of Duster) for this. In addition to the Duster D-Cross like full paint job, you get brownish-red (Oops, I'm bad at naming colors) art leather seat covers, a sturdy bull bar/ front armour, a fake hood scoop, door visors, chrome door Handles, chrome lamp ornaments, rear spoiler and new set of Alloy wheels. I noticed a different HU as well (Blaupunkt, I guess)...
But I think this is still a better job than, say Swift Volt! Premium has to be there. I think there will be some scope for negotation as well. Even then it's overpriced and I agree with you.
Old 20th February 2014, 11:05   #3658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
Hey,

Nice ride there.
Btw are those horns from Bosch? How would you rate them when compared to Roots Vibrasonics or Hella Red Grill.

Regards
Yes these are Bosh horns. I have not used the above mentioned horns hence cannot advise on the quality of these horns.
Old 20th February 2014, 11:30   #3659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This ain't a modified duster introduced by Renault; It's just a mod-job done by the dealer. They took one of their White test drive vehicle and painted the exterior; interior wasn't painted though.
Dual-tone Renault Duster ‘Joy’ edition launched in Kerala.

Like the Detour Concept, the rear end of the Joy edition is finished in (metallic) black. However, where the Detour got a yellow front end, the Indian dealer has opted for a “Verde Ithaca” inspired (a popular color on Lamborghinis) green shade. The dealer also informs us that a yellow car (albeit in a lighter shade) can be ordered by the customer.

Other visual enhancements on the Joy edition include a bull-bar at the front, a hood scoop, aftermarket alloy wheels (which closely resemble the Detour concept), black roof rails (the standard Duster gets it in silver), chrome trim for the taillights and door handles.

Joy edition’s exterior makeover adds INR 1.5 lakhs to the cost of a regular Duster.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/r...n-india-121316

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th February 2014 at 11:37.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 11:52   #3660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Dual-tone Renault Duster ‘Joy’ edition launched in Kerala.

Like the Detour Concept, the rear end of the Joy edition is finished in (metallic) black. However, where the Detour got a yellow front end, the Indian dealer has opted for a “Verde Ithaca” inspired (a popular color on Lamborghinis) green shade. The dealer also informs us that a yellow car (albeit in a lighter shade) can be ordered by the customer.

Other visual enhancements on the Joy edition include a bull-bar at the front, a hood scoop, aftermarket alloy wheels (which closely resemble the Detour concept), black roof rails (the standard Duster gets it in silver), chrome trim for the taillights and door handles.

Joy edition’s exterior makeover adds INR 1.5 lakhs to the cost of a regular Duster.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/r...n-india-121316
Thanks much for sharing volkman. If it's 1.5 lacs for the paint job alone, IMHO the prices are on the higher side.

In the IAB article, the person who's seated in the car is Swathi, mine and Jaisha's Sales Consultant. Pretty nice guy to do business with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks