Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2013, 10:22   #2116

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Hey guys,

I booked the Duster 85(0) variant in Aug 2012, and since then there have been two price rises, one in Sept, 2012 which said that all bookings till Aug-end 2012 are price protected, and the other in Jan 2013, which did not say anything about price protection.

My dealer in Ghaziabad is ready with the delivery now, but is refusing to take into account any price protection. Earlier, Renault India used to have a line mentioning about price protection on their website, but it looks like they have removed it now.

Anybody on the forum here who has booked before Aug-end, 2012, and has taken delivery of the vehicle and can comment about price protection? Are Aug/2012 booked vehicles price protected from the Sept 2012 rise, or from the Jan 2013 rise, or both, or none? Did your dealer agree to this while delivering your Duster?

I am supposed to get my delivery tomorrow or day after, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 28th February 2013, 12:39   #2117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvirkazmi View Post
...My dealer in Ghaziabad is ready with the delivery now, but is refusing to take into account any price protection. Earlier, Renault India used to have a line mentioning about price protection on their website, but it looks like they have removed it now....

..I am supposed to get my delivery tomorrow or day after, any feedback would be appreciated...
There was another bhpian who had the very same concern. What he wrote was Renault was OK to provide a price protection for the September hike provided he took delivery of some other available variant than what he booked.

I am NOT sure you can avail any price protection now, but try & talk to Renault and ask for the September hike to be waived off considering you waited for 6 months.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 13:31   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Anybody on the forum here who has booked before Aug-end, 2012, and has taken delivery of the vehicle and can comment about price protection? Are Aug/2012 booked vehicles price protected from the Sept 2012 rise, or from the Jan 2013 rise, or both, or none? Did your dealer agree to this while delivering your Duster?

I am supposed to get my delivery tomorrow or day after, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
We booked on August 31 and took delivery on Jan 16. We got the price protection as per August rates. Not sure whether Jan price hike had happened by Jan 16.

In fact, we had booked Petrol rxe and later changed the booking to 85 RXL in december since Petrol delivery was being delayed indefinitely. We had to pay 2 lacs during the change of booking though in order to guarantee price protection. Dealer was also pushing us to go for 85 RXL, so was willing to confirm the price protection. Probably someone would have canceled their 85 RXL booking.

Dealer was Dee Dee Cars, Dehradun.

I believe you should definitely get price protection for the Sep hike. Unless you changed the booking to some other variant after August without the dealer pushing you for it.

Hope you were following up with the dealer in the interim and getting confirmation from the dealer on price protection.
desidino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 15:22   #2119

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am NOT sure you can avail any price protection now, but try & talk to Renault and ask for the September hike to be waived off considering you waited for 6 months.
I just got a call from Renault India about this, they say the first price hike (one in Sept) should not be applicable to me. They are now going to talk to the dealer and try to settle this. Hoping for the best.
tanvirkazmi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 15:50   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
One update - after getting my Duster serviced, where they took apart the dash to take a look at my A/C funk issue, the car is giving me electric shocks! At first I thought this is the normal static discharge that happens especially during the winter months that you might have experienced while opening and closing the doors, but the intensity and frequency of these shocks is too high to be that. But this is crazy, my car is trying to kill me now! But how come I'm getting these shocks when the main power source is a DC battery? I have not taken note of whether I get the shocks when the engine is off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
I am also getting static discharge shock from my Duster & its happening only with Duster,not with my other cars, don't know why?
I used to face this problem in a couple of cars. Tracked it down to the way my clothes, mobile phone & skin dryness interacted with the seat cover & other plastics in the car. I used to have a spark jump 6-8 inches to the door or any grounded metal object. Was a particular hazard when filling petrol. So I would get out of the car walk away & try & ground myself on a fence before opening the fuel cap.

Found that certain pants & shirts combo with high polyester content & a CDMA mobile were the main culprits. Last week I faced this problem, after many years. Again found that a certain dress combo and a GSM phone, this time, were the culprits. So I try and avoid the same combination of clothes.

Another good remedy is to change your car seat covers to 100% cotton.
sridhar-v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 18:44   #2121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just got a call from Renault India about this, they say the first price hike (one in Sept) should not be applicable to me. They are now going to talk to the dealer and try to settle this. Hoping for the best.
Thats a positive news! Finally, looks like Renault is doing something to make the customers happy. Do keep us posted on the follow up.
Old 28th February 2013, 21:08   #2122

Quote:
Thats a positive news! Finally, looks like Renault is doing something to make the customers happy. Do keep us posted on the follow up.
Very encouraging news from today. I was expected to make the first part payment today, and make full payment tomorrow and take delivery. Dealer was not willing to give price protection. I posted a comment to Renault India facebook page about this in the morning. Within a couple of hours, they asked my for my contact details. Got a call in the afternoon and the person told me he will be talking to the dealer directly.

Went in the evening to the dealer to make the part payment, and conveyed this to the Renault contact, who then talked with the dealership owner and I guess, told him what had to be done. The owner finally agreed while I was there, and I now expect delivery tomorrow with price protection from the 40K Sep 2012 increase.

All in all, great behind the scene work by Renault team on this in such a short time, I was never expecting this to close in a day, but it did!!! Renault rocks!
tanvirkazmi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 11:37   #2123
BHPian

Slightly OT, for those who are hoping for a Duster 4x4, Kimi Raikonnen and Charles Pic drove 4x4 Dusters' in the ice racing event in Russia.
Link to articles:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...3/2/14290.html
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105692
Old 1st March 2013, 12:09   #2124
BHPian

Quote:

All in all, great behind the scene work by Renault team on this in such a short time, I was never expecting this to close in a day, but it did!!! Renault rocks!
That was a very good gesture from Renault India. OEMs like Renault should support the customers to win their hearts. Team-BHP really bridges the gap between customer (members) and OEMs. Thank you Team(BHP).
Old 1st March 2013, 16:24   #2125
BHPian

Kudos to Renault for resolving the issue at such a short notice.

Guys i am planning to upgrade horn on Duster,
since the horn on Duster is single tone do i need to get relay also.
Duster owners or experts please confirm that,stock horn setip is with relay or not.
Old 2nd March 2013, 16:17   #2126

No hassles with the delivery yesterday. Was called at 4:00, reached around 4:30 and it was all done in an hour. As committed earlier, the delivery was done at the discounted price from the price protection (i.e. less 40K). Color selection was a tough ask, booked white, then found silver, grey, red, brown all looking better. Dealer had initially offered a silver one (but they themselves backed out of that). The next one offered to me was a grey one, which we found good looking and grabbed the offer. 2013 model with the navigation cum media player.

Renault Duster : Official Review-img20130301wa0000.jpg
tanvirkazmi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:59   #2127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No hassles with the delivery yesterday. Was called at 4:00, reached around 4:30 and it was all done in an hour. As committed earlier, the delivery was done at the discounted price from the price protection (i.e. less 40K)...

...The next one offered to me was a grey one, which we found good looking and grabbed the offer. 2013 model with the navigation cum media player.

Attachment 1057412
Congrats on the car. I would any day pick a Brown though! Between, which variant did you take delivery? 110 or 85?
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:23   #2128
BHPian

Quote:
No hassles with the delivery yesterday.
Attachment 1057412
Congratulations. Metallic Graphite Grey is really good color, many of friends suggested me this color. Anyway, I got the Woodland brown last week. Wonderful vehicle.

Quote:
110 or 85?
Navigation is only option pack variants. Navigation without chrome plating (Roof-rails, door handle etc), It is 85 PS RXL (O). I am correct Tanvir?
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:24   #2129
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
I am also getting static discharge shock from my Duster
The solution for static shock is a keep you hands moist. Keep a bottle of moisturizer in your car. If your hands are very dry they conduct electricity. If the hands are regularly moist with cream you will not get the static shocks

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:29   #2130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The solution for static shock is a keep you hands moist. Keep a bottle of moisturizer in your car....
Wouldn't that make your hand sticky and slippery as well? I have slipped my hands off the steering wheel couple of times when my hands were sweaty and feel totally un-comfortable with moisturizer in my palms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks