Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2013, 09:40   #2086
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Did you get your brake bleeding done from service center or from outside? Did you do it yourself?
Please elaborate a little.
No Acroback, I did not do any bleeding on my Duster. My brakes are just fine.
It was done for a friend of mine with the 85PS who had the same spongy braking problem.
He went to a local mech and did the needful and the brakes were spot on there after.
The air that gets trapped needs to be taken out, its this air that gives the spongy feeling.

Last edited by himadrimondal : 17th February 2013 at 09:42.
himadrimondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 13:57   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Exactly the same issue. There is some noise that comes from just above the RVM
but not always and goes off just as you mentioned.

Another creaking sound is from the dash, something like plastic rubbing plastic.
I had mentioned these problems during my second service but the effort put in was not upto my expectation.

I will take my car this weekend to a person outside the workshop to get these problems sorted out. Will update.
My duster was at the service center for two days. Result - (1) my complaint about creaking doors was attended to and the creaks are gone. (2) They couldn't make anything out about my complaint regarding the rattling windshield (?) and the sound remains. (3) I had a problem with the A/C (unbearable stench when turning A/C off after use, and keeping the blowers on). They took apart the whole dashboard. I have been unable to check whether the funk still remains, however the A/C is really more effective now. Maybe they topped up the "gas". BUT, I have new sounds coming from the dashboard and it's really irritating. To their credit they worked overtime to attend to my complaints (I really appreciate the co-tech and his technicians and the effort that they put in), and took care of every issue I pointed out. It's just that I discovered the new sounds only the next day. There was no sound during the test drive we took after the servicing was complete.

My options are few and I can't rush to the service center whenever I want to as I travel a lot for work and there is no service center as yet in the whole state. I have to visit neighboring states for the servicing issues. I was aware of the thin dealer/service network before I purchased the duster so I'm not complaining, just stating why I simply can't go back to the service center whenever I want.
Old 17th February 2013, 17:15   #2088
BHPian

I was checking with the Service Manager at Whitefield Renault Bangalore as to how a customer can keep track of the services/works done at various times including the 2k, 10k services. He mentioned that apart from any invoices (for any paid parts, consumables) all other details are available to ALL their service centres online by vehicle identification number(VIN). But then as customers, in absence of service book like in other vehicles, we have no records, right? Should we as Team BHP members and Duster owners bring this to Renault attention and ask them to provide at least access (read only) to the service history and take a dump when needed? What other options? Senior members can suggest.... Cheers
Old 17th February 2013, 17:29   #2089
BANNED

I saw a Duster in Delhi sporting the front cladding(with fog lamps) from the Genuine accessories. Looked pretty macho.

But it was also overloaded with chrome , which IMO spoiled the look.

Has anybody here also got the cladding? How much does it cost?
Old 20th February 2013, 20:25   #2090
BHPian

Nearly no rust on the Steering Column in my Duster's case, but some appearing on the connecting thread:

The front doors creaking in most cases is due to misalignment of the window glass in the channel. Have a look at the video below to see how it is currently affecting my Duster. I plan to get this fixed under warranty.

The cost cutting certainly shows in some areas, I've noticed rust on the rain channel and on the front wiper arms. However, despite these niggling issues, the Duster remains excellent value for money in my opinion. It is a one-of-a-kind product. Fantastic ground clearance, light weight, good fuel efficiency, exemplary ride and excellent stability at all speeds make it a hard-to-beat package.

I recommend the Duster whole heartedly to anyone contemplating a purchase.

I've seen a couple of Dusters with the front bull bar and lights- in my opinion it's not in keeping with the character of the vehicle and adds unnecessary length.
Old 20th February 2013, 23:25   #2091
BHPian

My waiting will be over in a few days. Finally, I did PDI of my Duster yesterday. First of all, I would like to thank Team-BHP to enable me to do PDI. I had taken printout of 8 pages PDI check list and went to Renault service station, Chennai. The sales agent was curious what I would check, after seeing the list, he was co-operated well.

Even though, Duster is a Masculine look, now I refer it is a feminine. When I first time saw her a strange chemical reaction took place in my heart. My beauty not yet taken a bath.Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0113.jpg
Then I saw her heart, it was pure drive of K9K (borrowed from Nissan).
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0069.jpg.
She ran only 40KMs
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0086.jpg
I thought of sharing couple features in Navigation. With FM radio

Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0089.jpg
Points of interest main menu
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0110.jpg
Near-by service centers
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0109.jpg
and health centers
Renault Duster : Official Review-dsc_0111.jpg.

However, Bank employees bundh caused two days delay in delivery because of hypothication (has to be entered in form 22). I will wait for her and I will write a detailed "initial" ownership soon.
ssmani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2013, 12:31   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nariyani View Post
I found something strange. My duster is less than 3 months old. Today I found the steering rack at the bottom rusted. The picture will explain better.
My question: Is this normal for all cars to have this rusting issue so soon?
Does this have any impact on steering? Kindly advice.
Hi nariyani, any update on the issue. I went to the Renault ASC today and the SA has taken a picture of the rusted connector and told me he will check with higher ups and then let me know.
Old 23rd February 2013, 11:17   #2093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAutoMate View Post

Hoping to get my Duster 85PS RxL(O) by end of Feb.
So when are you getting your Duster? Any updates from the dealer? Are they talking about a price hike post budget?

Some useful threads before/after buying your new car:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.ph...2_articleid=15

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 23rd February 2013 at 11:24.
Old 25th February 2013, 00:01   #2094
BHPian

Hi folks, need one urgent advise.

I got my Duster delivered on Sept 2012 and got the RC sometime in Nov end. But the model no. Mentioned on the RC was wrong. Mine is 85 RXL but on RC it was mentioned as RXZ. I pointed out the same immediately to dealer and he accepted the mistake and said he will have it corrected with no cost to me.
Now I got the revised RC yesterday and it mentions my model as 85 RXL (O). I again pointed it back to dealer, but he said that this would not make any difference.
I told him that I will cross check that and if needed I will return the RC to him and he has agreed to get the corrections done if I insist.

Pls suggest me, do I need to get the same rectified. What are the potential issues that this can create for me. Right now the RC is with me.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Rohit
Old 25th February 2013, 10:09   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi folks, need one urgent advise.

Pls suggest me, do I need to get the same rectified. What are the potential issues that this can create for me. Right now the RC is with me.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Rohit
There is no immediate problem due to this. The only potential issue I see is when you decide to sell this car to someone. Otherwise, personally, I do not see much of an issue.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:34   #2096
BHPian

OK, I got a quick question - All my driving before I got the Duster was with petrol-engined vehicles. I am a pretty good driver, if I may say so myself. But with the Duster I have - on more than a few occasions - managed to stall it. Like I'm driving and there is a deep ditch right up ahead and I got to brake - and the car just stalls, engine shut off and everything. Never happened with the petrol motors in similar situations, as I always downshifted and the vehicle would just get me out of the ditch. With the Duster it just stalls before I could downshift.

Do I just need to adjust my driving style to this diesel motor or do I need to get something checked?
Old 25th February 2013, 10:42   #2097
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post

Do I just need to adjust my driving style to this diesel motor or do I need to get something checked?
Yup classic case of moving from petrol to diesel. Driving style has to be adjusted. Diesel motors tend to stall easier with less warning. Where a petrol motor will start knocking at low rpm's, the diesel gives lesser warning.

You'll have to downshift earlier and keep the revs a little higher. Below 2K rpm there will be very less torque and you can very easily stall it especially when going uphill.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:51   #2098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
With the Duster it just stalls before I could downshift.

The answer is in the first line I have quoted. Like @Vid6639 said, you need to downshift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639
Yup classic case of moving from petrol to diesel.

You'll have to downshift earlier

Please dont feel shy to use lower gears, dont have to be afraid of them .. it's perfectly fine & safe to use lower gears !
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 10:57   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Won't the ECU's anti-stall feature kick in for a diesel? Maybe he need to press the clutch before stalling and shift down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Please dont feel shy to use lower gears, dont have to be afraid of them .. it's perfectly fine & safe to use lower gears !
OT: I'm loving my new diesel car on which I can come to an anticipated stop by downshifting more than braking. Is that bad habit?
Old 25th February 2013, 11:01   #2100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
OT: I'm loving my new diesel car on which I can come to an anticipated stop by downshifting more than braking. Is that bad habit?
No, not at all ! I'll only say - balance it out. Do engine braking initially, and then at the last part use the brakes. That way the stopping can be much smoother, and you increase the life of the tyres, brakes & also a little better FE too. I have been doing this on my diesels, and my Sumo is still on stock OE bridgestones. Brakes have lasted 50k + too.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks