Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2013, 12:36   #2101
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
No, not at all ! I'll only say - balance it out. Do engine braking initially, and then at the last part use the brakes. That way the stopping can be much smoother, and you increase the life of the tyres, brakes & also a little better FE too. I have been doing this on my diesels, and my Sumo is still on stock OE bridgestones. Brakes have lasted 50k + too.
Wow. Good to know that I'm doing it right. This habit started with the diesel all by itself and is addictive. The Micra engine feels good to rev without any throttle and that might have triggered doing this; only the diesel cylinder thrum 'wrooooom', no valve(?) clatter. In a petrol, doing same feels jerky!

Brakes and OE tires upto 50k!
Old 25th February 2013, 14:23   #2102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Brakes and OE tires upto 50k!
Thank you !

Actually, Tyres, & clutch are stock, and still going good at 77k.
Brakes were replaced unnessarily at Concorde at 22k. Hence the lower running on the brakes at 55k
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 14:44   #2103

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
So when are you getting your Duster? Any updates from the dealer? Are they talking about a price hike post budget?

Some useful threads before/after buying your new car:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/web/index.ph...2_articleid=15
Man, I am totally frustrated. I was promised the delivery by 15th Feb and now the dealer is not even ready to tell me the exact delivery date/week. The SA told me that they are getting only 110PS vehicles on regular basis and supply of 85PS is less. Renault had revised the prices 2nd time since I had booked and they don't provide price protection. 85PS variant is priced at 12.70L on road and with accessories (of course not from the Renault dealer) like sunfilms (vkool 20-22k), leather seat covers (stanley 34-37k), better quality speakers it could have gone up to/beyond 13.5L - and I couldn't convince myself that it is a good deal.

Instead on spending 13.5L on 85PS Duster I would any time spend 14L on XUV 500 W6 (no offence and this is my personal opinion).

So, sadly, the deal is off because of the following reasons:
1. waiting time
2. unprofessional, unresponsive and rude Renault dealer
3. budget
Old 25th February 2013, 15:55   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAutoMate View Post
Instead on spending 13.5L on 85PS Duster I would any time spend 14L on XUV 500 W6 (no offence and this is my personal opinion).

1. waiting time
3. budget
Ohh no. So now are you considering the XUV? Also have a look at Safari STORME before you finalize. All the best!
Old 25th February 2013, 16:31   #2105

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Ohh no. So now are you considering the XUV? Also have a look at Safari STORME before you finalize. All the best!
Not yet decided, but most probably I'll have to settle down with a mid-size sedan because my budget constraints
Old 25th February 2013, 17:04   #2106

Quote:
Man, I am totally frustrated. I was promised the delivery by 15th Feb and now the dealer is not even ready to tell me the exact delivery date/week. The SA told me that they are getting only 110PS vehicles on regular basis and supply of 85PS is less. Renault had revised the prices 2nd time since I had booked and they don't provide price protection. 85PS variant is priced at 12.70L on road and with accessories (of course not from the Renault dealer) like sunfilms (vkool 20-22k), leather seat covers (stanley 34-37k), better quality speakers it could have gone up to/beyond 13.5L - and I couldn't convince myself that it is a good deal.

1. waiting time
3. budget
I applied a method to get my 85 PS duster delivered on time and it worked. Lodge a complaint in Renault Facebook page, about how you feel cheated by the dealer and also on their Bangalore customer care office. For me the facebook complaint worked. I got a message from Renault India asking for my contact details. After I sent them my contact details, they contacted me over phone and told me the aprroximate date of delivery. I was skeptical as the dealer could not provide me any information regarding my allotment untill two days prior to the delivery. It was a random call to the dealer one day when I was informed that my vehicle has been alloted to me and I can get the delivery within 48 hours of paying the full payment.

My instant rection was, what ??? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...s/Shockked.gif are you sure. I was only getting negative vibes from the dealer till a day before and it took some time for the feeling to finally sink in that the DUSTER has indeed been alloted to me and I can get my delivery after waiting for 4 complete months. Later I realised Renault has kept its promise. I got my vehicle delivered exactly on the same week as informed by Renault CC two months ago. The delivery isn't smooth though, where I had to take the help of Renault India again (will explain later in a short owenrship report). But for the time being, I am happy to be a Duster owner.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Old 25th February 2013, 20:27   #2107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Instead on spending 13.5L on 85PS Duster I would any time spend 14L on XUV 500 W6 (no offence and this is my personal opinion).

1. waiting time
3. budget
I think you should take this positively. You will get a chance to check on Ecosport too!

Give the dealers a month's time, probably they will knock on your door with immediate delivery of the variant, trim & color of your choice.

Edit:: If you wanna make a choice other than Ecosport, I suggest you do it soon. You might end up spending lot more after Mar 31.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th February 2013 at 20:29. Reason: Added the "Edit" portion
Old 26th February 2013, 00:51   #2108
BANNED

What is the water wading depth of Renault Duster??
Old 26th February 2013, 09:33   #2109
BHPian

Quote:

1. waiting time
3. budget
Quote:
Not yet decided, but most probably I'll have to settle down with a mid-size sedan because my budget constraints
Hi Mate! reading your posts I some how get a feeling that having booked Duster you are now looking for reasons to cancel it. If budget is a constraint you can always pull back the extravagant additions that you plan to do or at least stagger them in future. Also the sudden shift from XUV to Mid Size Sedan is a little hard to understand.

I agree that waiting for 4 months and not getting proper response form dealer is frustrating, but then that has been the story more often than not with Renault since launch of Duster.

I would suggest to try contacting Renault as Suggested by Phukan and find a way around the dealer.
Old 26th February 2013, 12:06   #2110

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi Mate! reading your posts I some how get a feeling that having booked Duster you are now looking for reasons to cancel it. If budget is a constraint you can always pull back the extravagant additions that you plan to do or at least stagger them in future. Also the sudden shift from XUV to Mid Size Sedan is a little hard to understand.

I agree that waiting for 4 months and not getting proper response form dealer is frustrating, but then that has been the story more often than not with Renault since launch of Duster.

I would suggest to try contacting Renault as Suggested by Phukan and find a way around the dealer.
Yeah , it was a difficult decision for me as well. I wish the shift would have been from Duster to XUV and not to mid-size-sedan. About pursuing the dealer or Renault - I kinda lost interest. IMHO, if you are in the market with 13L cash to spend, you should be the one who is pursued.

I wanted a car four months back and don't wan't to wait for Ecosport for yet another 3-4 months.
Old 26th February 2013, 14:41   #2111

I waited for 3.5 months after booking Duster. There were no confirmations on the delivery date from the SAs. I asked them specifically about the issues pointed out in this thread, they admitted all the issues, with a vague conclusion – company will resolve those issues. When? No Idea . Slat to the wound was the 30k + price hike (Total 50k+30k odd altogether). I was quick enough to cancel it off, though I adored this vehicle for its drivability and composure.
I am just waiting for Ecosports’s imminent launch.
Ram190877 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 15:10   #2112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I think you should take this positively. You will get a chance to check on Ec
---------------
Edit:: If you wanna make a choice other than Ecosport, I suggest you do it soon. You might end up spending lot more after Mar 31.

can u throw some light as to why he'll end up spending more after mar31st??
Old 26th February 2013, 16:24   #2113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Nishath View Post
can u throw some light as to why he'll end up spending more after mar31st??
Any new taxes after budget will be effective Apr 01, 2013. Every year taxes have been hiked and this year should be no exception with may be the "small cars" getting a duty reduction.
Old 26th February 2013, 17:20   #2114
BHPian

One update - after getting my Duster serviced, where they took apart the dash to take a look at my A/C funk issue, the car is giving me electric shocks! At first I thought this is the normal static discharge that happens especially during the winter months that you might have experienced while opening and closing the doors, but the intensity and frequency of these shocks is too high to be that. But this is crazy, my car is trying to kill me now! But how come I'm getting these shocks when the main power source is a DC battery? I have not taken note of whether I get the shocks when the engine is off.

Also, I originally did not face the issue of outside odors creeping inside the cabin, but thanks to the excellent work done by Renault Service, I can now not only enjoy the sight of smoke, garbage, and dust outside, I can experience these right inside the car by smelling them! Wonderful!
Old 27th February 2013, 12:55   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
One update - after getting my Duster serviced, where they took apart the dash to take a look at my A/C funk issue, the car is giving me electric shocks! At first I thought this is the normal static discharge that happens especially during the winter months that you might have experienced while opening and closing the doors, but the intensity and frequency of these shocks is too high to be that. But this is crazy, my car is trying to kill me now! But how come I'm getting these shocks when the main power source is a DC battery? I have not taken note of whether I get the shocks when the engine is off.

Also, I originally did not face the issue of outside odors creeping inside the cabin, but thanks to the excellent work done by Renault Service, I can now not only enjoy the sight of smoke, garbage, and dust outside, I can experience these right inside the car by smelling them! Wonderful!
I am also getting static discharge shock from my Duster & its happening only with Duster,not with my other cars, don't know why?
Regarding that outside odors creeping in, i am getting worried & wondering what would happen once summers sets in Delhi.

Guys i am planning to get dual horn fitted on my ride.
Do i need to get relay also or its factory fitted with the horn?
The horn provided is single tone & i don't want to lose electrical warranty.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks