Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 21:55   #601

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Team - Any luck on Chennai bookings, my father in law has booked a RxZ from Renault Anna Nagar a month back and was promised delivery within a month, we have been making multiple calls, till last week the update was the vehicle is awaiting RTO approval and now they say vehicles are being delivered slowly as they have the approvals for Diesel 110's, but not committing adate. Is anyone else travelling the same road ? Any suggestions on how to deal this, my in law is losing some good deals on his Innova his current ride, due to this delay.
Old 12th August 2012, 21:59   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
This thread is losing steam, the early owners have vanished, no ownership threads, no exciting pics, no new owner insights.
The early owners are very much there and so to speak, proud owners.
Took my car out for a spin today ( second time in two weeks, blame it on the rain and road condition).
You have no idea how happy the rides are, specially when I see people stopping their cars to have a look at mine. People keep following me, stop beside me at signals and keep looking.
Some sweet words: a Xylo started racing with me and did overtake me as I don't do above 80km/hr in 6th gear. But as we neared a 'S' shaped turn, I negociated the turn at around 50-60km/hr but the Xylo just vanished through my rear view mirror. It thereafter followed me from signal to signal but never overtook me again.
Will come out with a ownership report and lots of photographs but that will be in a month or so after I come back from a birding trip from Sikkim. Will surely put the car to test above 8000 ft and in rugged conditions.
I don't think a normal smooth tarmac road trip for 600km won't justify the Duster.
himadrimondal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 22:02   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Back to the test drive. First the 85. Just 2 people in the car, didn't feel under powered in the least. A pretty rev happy engine, as much as can be for a diesel. Good responsiveness and I floored it to 110. The difference between this and the 110bhp is a very slight rush on the 110 variant, this is more linear like the petrol motors we are used to.
agreed i took test drives of both 110 and 85 ps models the 110 engine is silent compared to 85 one. As 110 has 6 gears,for the reverse gear you have to pull and push while in 85 model its just like other cars to the right and down. When i took test drive i definitely liked 85's performance in bumper to bumper traffic. I did not have a chance to drive it on highway as the salesman told me that they give test drives on specific route only.God knows why..

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please do not quote a large post in its entirety. It inconveniences our small screen/mobile users.
Old 12th August 2012, 22:38   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon View Post
- The phone is paired all this while. When a call is received, one needs to press those sequence of keys on the HU to get Bluetooth Audio on.
- The HU does not automatically detect the call, switch from Radio/CD to the Bluetooth Audio.
The HU does detect phone calls and displays the incoming number from the phone book.I take most of my calls like this now a days.You need to leave the bluetooth on on the HU and the Phone.

I got my ICE setup at Evo Bangalore,The setup sounds incredible compared to the stock speakers.
Old 13th August 2012, 06:30   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
The HU does detect phone calls and displays the incoming number from the phone book.I take most of my calls like this now a days.You need to leave the bluetooth on on the HU and the Phone.

I got my ICE setup at Evo Bangalore,The setup sounds incredible compared to the stock speakers.
Thanks for sharing your ownership experience. My comments were based on observations during a single test drive and might be flawed.

However I remember distinctly leaving the HU and Phone connected. When I was listening to CD, the HU did not automatically switch to the Phone when calls were received. It looked like HU can render either Bluetooth Phone or Radio/CD.
Did not investigate further as I thought it was not a major issue (I store most of my favorite music on my phone as well).

I loved the way the HU displayed incoming/outgoing phone numbers.
Old 13th August 2012, 08:01   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish

Hi, great that you are having a lot of fun. The waiting is killing me. Btw what did you upgrade your ICE to ? How much did it work out? Did you change the HU also ?

Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 10:22   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhawk.madhan View Post
Is anyone else travelling the same road ? Any suggestions on how to deal this, my in law is losing some good deals on his Innova his current ride, due to this delay.
Ok. Was/is on the same road as you are, with the minor difference that I sold my existing ride. Anyways, I think the wait is over. For the first time since I confirmed my booking, dealer accessories department called me for getting their list of accessories to be fitted, manager(not the SA) called me and sent me my form 20 for registration. In fact just now the manager called to enquire when I'll submit my attested form 20. So you will get your 110 pretty soon, if your choice of color is readily available.
same to MOTORHEAD1981, the wait has already killed me. I'm just hoping that the DUSTER in hand will make for the incompetence of all concerned, manufacturer and/or dealer.
Old 13th August 2012, 10:31   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post

Took my car out for a spin today ( second time in two weeks, blame it on the rain and road condition).
You have no idea how happy the rides are, specially when I see people stopping their cars to have a look at mine. People keep following me, stop beside me at signals and keep looking.
Congrats Himadri,

Road condition and rains! Exactly the conditions to take the Duster out on . Congrats and enjoy your ride.

Cheers!
Old 13th August 2012, 11:14   #609
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Duster first time in flesh in the Woodland Brown shade and boy-o-boy, it looked stunning!

No wonder people are thronging the showrooms and the Duster bookings are going out of the roof and the infinite waiting periods. I feel both the Duster and Renault are here to stay. The only thing to wait now is first few user reviews. The hoopla around the XUV (Expecially on TBHP) died a bit after multiple users reported major/minor niggles with the vehicle. Lets wait and watch.
Old 13th August 2012, 11:25   #610
BHPian

One of the issues, which I think is going to emerge with the Duster is ageing. Somehow it already looks old; must be the build quality. I looked at the pictures of the Silver and grey, both look already old. The red seems like that too. The Brown seems the best bet in this regard, but even that has a tired look to it. Is it only me feeling that way? Or is it because most SUVs look this way? Or is it a built /finish quality?
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 12:21   #611

Folks I just booked a Duster 85 with all options thrown in at Bangalore. Chose the graphite grey option. Feedback from salesman who seemed sincere is (1) Bangalore has more than 1500 bookings (2) Overall the booking is supposed to be 12000 or 17000 so far (3) As of now no allotments are being made for current bookings (4) Fresh allotment will start after 15th August (5) Production ramp up expected in September (6) As of now the delivery period is 6 to 8 months as indicated officially !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (7) The brown, red and white colours are being booked mostly and the majority is the 85 bhp version.

Taking the Duster 85 for a test drive found that the Team BHP review was bang on. Thanks folks for that perfect review. Smooth drive, enjoyed it. Unlike my Ford Fusion felt that pick up when trying to overtake someone is slower but once it kicks in, it is much faster. Even in traffic near Mekhri circle I didnt even realise that I was doing 80.

Strangely they insist that insurance must be taken from dealership.

Guess I have a long wait......

vasisht
Old 13th August 2012, 12:33   #612
BHPian

Johy - that's because its designed to be a cheap suv for western markets and this shows all the way through from design, materials to interiors. That's the philosophy underpinning the car and obviously costs have been cut.

Just because Renault has priced it a bit high here should not change expectations, most reviewers have pointed out things like poor quality rubber, material etc. No point building expectations only to be disappointed. This is not a premium vehicle by any standards.

Looks are of course purely subjective and some may find it good looking, but I don't think of the Duster as a looker. The design is far from contemporary and feels aged. No modern touches, its pure utility. Quirky is the word. Its not designed to be a looker.

Last edited by raul : 13th August 2012 at 12:41.
raul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 13:20   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Ok. Was/is on the same road as you are, with the minor difference that I sold my existing ride. Anyways, I think the wait is over. For the first time since I confirmed my booking, dealer accessories department called me for getting their list of accessories to be fitted, manager(not the SA) called me and sent me my form 20 for registration. In fact just now the manager called to enquire when I'll submit my attested form 20. So you will get your 110 pretty soon, if your choice of color is readily available.
same to MOTORHEAD1981, the wait has already killed me. I'm just hoping that the DUSTER in hand will make for the incompetence of all concerned, manufacturer and/or dealer.
Neil. Good news then, eh? So, which version & colour did you book?
Is the dealer giving new accessories yet? The side claddings and fog lamps?
Old 13th August 2012, 14:20   #614
BHPian

Anyone got 85PS Duster Delivered?
How is its performance over speed above 100 in terms of engine Noise, Vibration, reserve Power to increase speed further in case or emergency
(Note:- if you have tried, else don’t try for me )

I took the test drive 85 BHP and till 80Kph I tried and felt not bad (Third gear it reached 80Kph with good acceleration)
But didn’t get a chance to try higher speeds due to traffic

Here please don’t compare with Duster 110ps, but I am asking in comparison with other Diesel cars like fiesta, Manza or a swift Dezire
(Vento and Rapid I am omitting here knowing those are great in performance, but sedan is a Sedan only)

I felt the Price of Factory fitted alloys is too high
So if anyone has added after market alloy wheels for Duster, let me know the following Details

Price Range -
Brand - ( Is it available in Indian Brands like Neo and Zeki etc ?: )
Contact Details for Bangalore
How was the deal - Did the showroom/Alloy shop took back the original compressed iron wheel and refunded some money?

I went to Reliance Autozone for enquiring, they are not aware of its alloy wheel details without seeing car in actual even after telling details mentioned in Brochure
Old 13th August 2012, 14:40   #615

well i booked renault duster 110 RxL on 28th July, but after reading all posts here i changed my decision and informed my dealer that i want to change my model option to 85 RxL and I was told that as I am changing my model choice,this day will be considered day 1 for booking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks