Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2012, 19:20   #706
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChandraShekar View Post
Fluence has good ground clearance, much better interiors and rear seat space. What do you suggest? Is it worth waiting for the Duster?
Chandrashekhar, go for the Fluence , if you can afford it, and don't have an urge to own a SUV. Fluence is another gem of a car, and I was going to buy one, just when I saw the Duster launch, and went for the Duster instead because I felt SUV would be better for me as I have a Honda City for the Sedan purposes.
Go for it!
Thunderlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 20:25   #707
BANNED

I have just test driven the Duster110RXL and too me the product is simply overpriced.

Exterior:
The first impression of the vehicle when I touched the door handle was, Oh GOD this is worse than the ALTO. Renault should have paid attention to the first thing that people come in contact with, when they have to get into the car: the door handles. The doors sound like a tin box, even the alto doors shut with a more re assuring thud compared to the duster’s and this is uttering not acceptable. Rest of the fit and finish on the cars exterior is acceptable, but the fuel filler cap is overly large.

Coming to the interior:
How come the 7-8LAC PulseRXZ gets a keyless go and the 13-14LAC DusterRXZ does,nt, I really could not understand this. The interior quality to me was acceptable except for some ergonomic glitches.

Driving Experience:
It was surprisingly better than expected, as I was excepting a lot of turbo lag after going through the specs but this was not the case. The driving position too seemed good and the ride quality was good too even on totally battered roads. The wipers are horrible as I found out when it rained they shudder a lot.

All in all a good car let down by a steep price for whatever quality Renault is providing. I will have to wait to drive the 84duster and I think I will have to wait for the Ford Ecosport before I pay the Renault guys my hard earned money.
Old 20th August 2012, 21:02   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChandraShekar
Hello all. I booked a Duster 110PS RXZ(o) in June. The promised date of delivery is before the end of July. But till now nothing happened and they are not sure when it is going to come. I am sick of waiting for it and now I am thinking of cancelling it and go for Fluence instead. My main priorities are good ground clearance and comfortable cabin but as the reviews and comments reveal the Duster's cabin seems to have issues like door rattlings, whistling noise due to lack of rubber on doors. Whereas Fluence has good ground clearance, much better interiors and rear seat space. What do you suggest? Is it worth waiting for the Duster?
If your requirement is a plush cabin, you are not going to get that from the Duster. Please book the fluence. It is much more premium and car like.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 22:28   #709
BHPian

Found this rendering online of the Duster:
Renault Duster : Official Review-customizedduster5.jpg
SedatedDrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 17:17   #710

Hi Guys,

Took delivery of my 110 rxz last week.

Just an input for people who are buying the Duster, i have managed to save 14k on the insurance, i took a quote from icici lombard they were ready to give it for 24k whereas the dealer was giving it for 38k, I showed the quote to the dealer and said if they can match it, i will go along with them or I will be forced to take it directly, they took two days and said they are willing to give it at 24k and the insurance policy is exactly the same as the one which they are giving it for 38k, the otr in hyderabad is 13.18 lakhs , i got it for 13.04 lakhs.

I have done around 1500 kms and can confidently say that buying it was a brilliant idea.My previous cars are a civic and the fluidic verna( dad's).

- In terms of Ride handling and the way it gobbles up the bumps and potholes is fantastic , there are very few cars which can boast of this, most of the sedans fall by the way side when you compare it to duster in this area.

- I got a mileage of 17kms on the highway and 14 kms in city ( hyderabad traffic is woeful even at it's best), its giving better mileage than most of the other sedans like vento, rapid and verna.

- Fatigue factor in long drives is the least , you will not feel tired even after very long drives .

-The High riding position is absolutely lovely.The gear box has a very short throw for an suv which is great.

- The audio/call controls just beneath the steering are great and are a breeze to use once you have figured it out.

- Acres of boot space, tugging my 3 year old kids cycle along with other paraphernalia everywhere now, couldn't imagine doing that before

- The back seat is very comfortable, and unlike the pictures the rear ac vent does not really affect comfort once you are seated and conversely i found that rear ac vent is actually required and have used it quite often coz the duster is actually quite roomy inside and needs the extra vent to cool it down.

cons, well there are always a few:

- the ICE speakers are not of great quality

- Turbo lag yes, but can be negotiated with shifting the gears at the right rpms( it was more in the test drive one),quite used to it now.

- Back door power windows, when you rest your arm , it presses down on the switch and the windows go down, have to keep the windows locked ...seriously Renault big blunder there!!!!.

Overall you are getting all the comforts of an SUV along with abilities which make it easier to drive then a sedan in both urban and highway conditions while giving better mileage,what more can one ask for ..??? well just one thing i wish i could have got the 110 rxz for 12 lakhs rather than 13 lakhs otr but like they say cant be too greedy.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img00057201208200914.jpg  

Sharkpin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 17:38   #711
BHPian

Congratulations Sharkpin, The white color looks very good.
When did you book and how was dealer interaction.
Old 21st August 2012, 18:29   #712

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Congratulations Sharkpin, The white color looks very good.
When did you book and how was dealer interaction.
I booked it in the first week of June, before the launch, i was behind the dealer since February pestering them for the launch date, the SA called me the moment they were taking pre-bookings, mine was the 19th booking in hyderabad, they promised delivery within 2 months and i had my hands on it before that

The dealer interaction has been quite good, no complaints so far, have to wait another 500 kms for the first service to see how they will cope up with the deluge of Dusters
Sharkpin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 20:30   #713
BHPian

Today I talked to my SA and he was mentioning I could get it by Sep 19th (I booked on Jul 20th)

He also mentioned there are many cancellations recently and I get much before that.

It seems he delivered about 300 cars so far.

Sharkpin, What's the plan for ICE upgrade. Any idea about ICE details like no. of preamp outputs etc.

I am planning to replace speakers with my Infinity ones (of my ANHC) immediately.
Old 21st August 2012, 21:13   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
...He also mentioned there are many cancellations recently and I get much before that....
Any idea what's the reason for cancellations? What is the current waiting period?
Old 21st August 2012, 21:15   #715
BHPian

No idea (i guess many people just blocked and no intention to buy immediately), but he was pretty confident that I could get it soon. He was the same person earlier quoting 3-4 months waiting for me.
Old 21st August 2012, 21:27   #716
BANNED

I booked RXE 85 ps diesel on 2nd Aug. showroom guys telling more than 3 months as of now. trying hard to follow some one and get it soon. people saying they are not getting many RXE dispatches .any one booked RXE in Hyderabad? what is the response from Showroom people?
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:25   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkpin View Post
I booked it in the first week of June, before the launch, i was behind the dealer since February pestering them for the launch date, the SA called me the moment they were taking pre-bookings, mine was the 19th booking in hyderabad, they promised delivery within 2 months and i had my hands on it before that

The dealer interaction has been quite good, no complaints so far, have to wait another 500 kms for the first service to see how they will cope up with the deluge of Dusters

Congratulations on your the Duster.

Just wanted to check from you which dealer you booked it from? I work in Jubilee Hills and have wanted to visit the Renault showroom on Rd No 2 but there's always been a crowd and no place to park. By chance I happened to be in Padmaraonagar the other day and saw the Renault showroom there practically empty and I jumped at the chance of checking the Duster out. The staff however were a big let down, quite clueless and seemed the least interested in making a sale. Am assuming you bought it from the Banjara Hills dealer and your experience was different?

Now - how about you join the Hyd-BHPians at the next meet so we can get our owner review in the flesh?

G
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:45   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkpin View Post
Hi Guys,
Took delivery of my 110 rxz last week.
Congrats, probably first white Duster on TBhp.
I have also booked white.
I am waiting for detailed ownership thread from owners.

Guys, yesterday i got a call from SA asking me if i would like to go for 110 RXZ variant.110 RXZ is available for immediate delivery.
Since i have booked 85 RXL.I told him 110 RXZ is overpriced and i would rather go for XUV 500.
I asked him how it is available immediately.He said cancellation is the reason.
He is having not 1 but 2, 110 RXZ available.
So now i guess all dust which duster created has settled.
I am reconsidering my decision on buying Duster.
This clearly means that top variant Duster is going nowhere.
My excitement for Duster is fizzing out, reason being lousy attitude of the Renault & they are not able to convert their booking into deliveries.
Because i don't want to repent later and end up buying a market dud.
Of course Duster is not a dud car at all, but Renault India better not to talk about them.
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:32   #719
BHPian

Even I got a call from my Dealer abt the 85 RxL Option Pack.
They say its being loaded at Chennai and I need to confirm my booking.
I am thoroughly confused.
On one hand , Duster is selling like hot cakes in other countries and is supposed to be quiet reliable. and on the other hand, you have Renault India.. Who have made a new product with God-knows-how-much-reliable Quality?
I don't wanna be a early adopter and then repent my decision. Its 11 big ones , for crying out loud!!!

Can any of the new owners comment on the niggles that have faced till now, if any? How has the resolution been ?

Your comments can help me make the decision , one way or the other.
Thx in advance!

Last edited by BUXX : 22nd August 2012 at 13:34.
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:50   #720
BHPian

I booked RXE diesel Woodland Brown on July 7th in Bangalore and till now no response call from Dealer as well as Renault
I keep calling Renault and showroom twice or thrice a week and no update is coming
While booking, I was given the delivery date as first week on September

From Renault customer care, I heard that Woodland Brown colour is having some issue since there is some delay in getting paint shipped from abroad
Is it that this particular colour paint is getting imported from France?
Why its not happening for other colours?

Another Issue is that I never seen anyone that got 85Bhp duster delivered and again an issue for me since I booked RXE

Due to this, I am in a dilemma

- To cancel and go for another car – To compromise an SUV with a sedan
- To cancel 85 RXE in Bangalore and book RXL 110 diesel from Kerala ( ~1.4L extra compared to RXE price in Blore so that I will get safety features too )
- Or worth waiting for Safari or Ecosport ?

Not able to decide…

But anyone in this form got RXE 85 delivered in Woodland Brown?
Or any other colour from RXE?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks