Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 12:40   #781
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
Renault India provides a toll-free number, an SMS code, and an email on its website under the "Contact Us" section. I have been seeking answers to a few of my queries and have a few complaints against my local dealer. Lately, my emails are going unanswered and the phone queries are meeting with the same template-produced answers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Would like to add my small experience when I wanted more information regarding the much-awaited Duster, so much so that I wanted to book it at one stage
Renault India has dropped an email quoting you and wishes to address your concerns. Please PM / Email me your email address & phone number so that company officials can get in touch with you to resolve the issues.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 12:55   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Renault India has dropped an email quoting you and wishes to address your concerns. Please PM / Email me your email address & phone number so that company officials can get in touch with you to resolve the issues.

Thanks
Thank you GTO. Details sent.

Two good things I notice here:

1) Speaks volumes of the impact of team-bhp; manufacturers are reading what everyday consumers like us experience and write about. This forum matters!

2) Good thing Renault is personally looking it up. I appreciate this consumer-focused outlook.

Last edited by johy : 31st August 2012 at 12:57.
Old 31st August 2012, 15:53   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya View Post
Rxl 85 Bhp was 8.99
Rxl 85 Bhp O pack was 9.99
Rxl 110bhp was 9.99
Rxl 110 Bhp O pack ??
RxZ 110 Bhp was 10.xy

(all prices ex-showroom Delhi)
I Guess Nitinz had given in one of his earlier post the price of RxL 110 (O) as 10.49 , a premium of 50K over Option less RxL 110 .
Sorry Nitinz , if i had seen it wrongly !

Last edited by vishnana : 31st August 2012 at 15:55. Reason: RxL 110 added as reference
vishnana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 16:11   #784
BHPian

Im back after the trip. Covered calicut- bangalore- coimbatore- ooty- calicut. It was fun with duster all the way. Total of 1050kms. Now my vehicle is done total of 3000kms. Performance is really good on highways,city,hills and gharts.

Over 1000kms i got an average mileage of 15kms/ltr. Travelling comfort was very good. Din't feel tired much. Handling is good on highway and on gharts.

I got my car leathered. Had gone to stanley, but found it too expensive. 1lakh for nappa. Nappa with karlsson was 60. I did nappa black with carbon fibre boarder with red stitches. Seats,doortrim,steering and gearboot. Scandenavia in stanley was 75 and karlsson was 45. I did karlsson because i got nappa done for stanley's classic price. I have done stanley and ovion on my previous vehicles, and musy say that karlsson is also a good product.

I tried uploading pictures but its showing application crashed. So will upload later.
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 1st September 2012 at 16:51. Reason: Please do NOT post any content / pictures about illegal speeds on public roads
DRIVEN-TWEEL is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 19:46   #785
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Thank you. Have sent you my details by email.

If manufacturers are concerned about what is written about them/their products/their dealers on public forums, it can only be a good sign.

I'm happy they are making the effort to satisfy a potential customer.

Team-BHP = Impact!
Old 31st August 2012, 20:25   #786
BHPian

That is great news and effort from Renault India's side. Reading public forums like ours and taking unbiased views directly from customers is a good initiative provided they act on it too.
Some points from my side:
1. I got my red rxl 85 ps on the 19th of August but still I have not got any invoice copy or the registration certificate from the dealers side.
2. I am still waiting for the dealer to provide me the mudflaps and body cover as promised. Due to rains the car gets really mucky without mudflaps.
3. The drive on highways makes the car feel underpowered, or maybe I should wait for the engine to open up coz its been just 1000 odd km's .
4. The drive on hilly roads is absolutely b.e.a.utiful. No shifting to smaller gears for steep inclines. I drove it like an automatic for km's together. Very satisfied.
5. Driving seat lumbar support and underthigh support cold have been better. Would be ordering seatcovers soon and would try getting some extra padding done to improve both.
6. The wiper earlier did not spray water unless activated. But now just on pulling the lever it sprays water and wipes once..intermittent wiping. Have to figure out ow that happened. Still don't know how the rear wiper water is sprayed. Have to read the manual for that.
7. One thing which reaaaaly bothers me is the placement of the power window switchboard on drivers side. With my seating position, my right knee is always in contact with it and during long drives the knee starts paining from the contact point. I really hope Renault India takes note of this problem and comes up with some modification in the design although I don't expect myself to benefit from it, but it would certainly help other and the company too.

Will add other points as and when I get more kms on.

Thanks.
Nitin
Old 31st August 2012, 22:39   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
I did 150 without much effort. Just did it once and rest of the time kept it inside 120.
How are NVH levels and wind noise such high speeds? Does door beeding matters?

earlier it was reported too much at such speeds, did you see the same issue.
Old 31st August 2012, 23:53   #788
BHPian

Re: How to escalate queries/complaints to Renault India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkjr View Post
[list=1][*]Does anyone on the forum have an email or a phone number of someone in the sales or the customer services departments at Renault India? Or contact details of any person who can direct my query to the proper individual at Renault India?
I dont know if its right to post this here but in case its wrong, request the mods to delete this post. I too have had issued on the way they approach customers and after a lot of escalations & promises, i am still waiting to test drive a petrol car. I have now given up the hope.

Last edited by GTO : 6th November 2013 at 16:32. Reason: Lets value the privacy of others and refrain from posting contact details on the open forum
urajkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 00:30   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnana

I Guess Nitinz had given in one of his earlier post the price of RxL 110 (O) as 10.49 , a premium of 50K over Option less RxL 110 .
Sorry Nitinz , if i had seen it wrongly !
110 RXL option pack is 10.50 ex showroom. In one of my earlier posts I had attached price list also. Attaching again for future reference

Renault Duster : Official Review-image875800959.jpg

Pricelist clearly mentions option pack with 110 RXL

Cheers
Nitinz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 00:54   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz View Post
Company does offer 110 RXL (O) , I confirmed the same with Renault customer care, it is for the time being offered at select dealerships only.
So finally I am going for it and should get the Gentle Beast by Sunday !!
Does this Variant has front & rear skid plates?
Have you opted for any accesory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
@ Nitinz,
@ HSR and maybe to even all other members on the forum,
My rear MRF wanderer just burst on its own when I was doing around 110-120Km/hr on the highway.
As far as the reason for tyre burst, MRF says it is stone impact. I dont really buy that story as Iam not convinced how I can have a inner wall stone impact on a rear tyre when going on a straight line at such high speeds. Does it mean that the stone disappeared on its own for the front tyre and reappeared for the rear tyre?
So after all the ordeal was the tyre replaced.
I can see dual horn in front grill. looks after market.
Have you changed them,if yes what about warranty?
Also regarding that dual tone get the side boards also painted silver.
Personally i don't like silver combination, black look much better than this.

Quote:
Thanks
Cheers for TBHP.
This is indeed very good gesture by the Renault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN-TWEEL View Post
Im back after the trip. Covered calicut- bangalore- coimbatore- ooty- calicut. It was fun with duster all the way. Total of 1050kms.

I got my car leathered. I did karlsson because i got nappa done for stanley's classic price. I have done stanley and ovion on my previous vehicles, and musy say that karlsson is also a good product.
How is wind noise in cabin?
Those seats are looking nice & cool.
I liked door trims especially.
Do upload more pics so that we can drool on them.
Old 1st September 2012, 14:05   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Does this Variant has front & rear skid plates?
Have you opted for any accesory?
Hi

This variant has similar features as 85 RXL (O) , IMO it does not have front and rear skid plates.

for Accessories , i wanted Chrome Exhaust Finisher and Leather Wrapped Steering wheel but none was available with the Dealership

Would go for after market accessories like chrome finisher, Leather Seat Covers and Wheel as of now .

On monday i would get to see "Grey Gentle Beast" so waiting till then...

Cheers

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st September 2012 at 15:02. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
Old 1st September 2012, 23:25   #792

I got a chance to drive duster both 110 and 85 to good distance and over varied terrain. My finding has been that 85 PS is very linear and fun to drive in city. One thing which has changed my mind in favor of 110 PS was my experience navigating a steep climb where I had to take a sudden stop. The 85 PS totally gave up and I felt that over hills etc. when I encounter this situation the vehicle may give up.

Need some advice here from experts whether going in for 110 PS makes the deal and should I cancel my 85 PS + O booked in Aug 1st week and rebook 110 RXL+O. The difference in price is a stretch but manageable.

Sharing some pictures which i had clicked today.
Old 1st September 2012, 23:50   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz

110 RXL option pack is 10.50 ex showroom. In one of my earlier posts I had attached price list also. Attaching again for future reference

Pricelist clearly mentions option pack with 110 RXL

Cheers
Nitin,

Thanks for posting the sheet. The pricing is a little wired.

The difference between Rxl 85 BHP & Rxl (O) 85 BHP is 1 L whereas the difference between 110 BHP counterparts of Rxl & Rxl (O) is just 50k (taking about ex-showroom prices here). if the difference in feature set is exactly the same, why is Renault charging more for the Option pack in the 85 BHP variant? Am i missing something? Looks unfair.

Regards,
Abhi
Old 2nd September 2012, 02:01   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya

Nitin,

Thanks for posting the sheet. The pricing is a little wired.

The difference between Rxl 85 BHP & Rxl (O) 85 BHP is 1 L whereas the difference between 110 BHP counterparts of Rxl & Rxl (O) is just 50k (taking about ex-showroom prices here). if the difference in feature set is exactly the same, why is Renault charging more for the Option pack in the 85 BHP variant? Am i missing something? Looks unfair.

Regards,
Abhi
Hi

I too feel Renault's pricing of Variants has not been fair. They would have done even better if the pricing would have been more rationalized against the features offered for different variants. I guess RXL 110 and RXL 110 (O) both have ABS common, and they are only offering airbags and alloys etc in option pack , so 50k looks justified whereas difference of same in 85 RXL and 85 RXL (O) is airbags, ABS , alloys, but still 100 K is not justified.

Guess the marketing guys did the pricing and accountants are doing the marketing

Cheers
Old 2nd September 2012, 07:24   #795
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I called up Renault Chowringhee, Kolkata to inquire about the Duster and the dealer told that the 85PS RXL (O) has been discontinued or having some production issues. Is it true? The Renault website does not mentions anything as such.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks