Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 05:24   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash
My worst nightmare happened today at the hands of Kiwraj Renault service station.

Again after waiting patiently for 10 more minutes Mr. Vivek service executive came to meet me saying there is only two guys appointed by the dealer to look into all the customers and i felt sorry, this guy is not more than 19 years.
This is what I fear about Renault. It's all well that they're selling >4k vehicles a month, and but when the time comes to start doing major services for so many together I doubt the servicenters are prepared for this. I hope that such incidents don't become a regular feature at Renault ASCs.
Old 28th November 2012, 05:55   #1532
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadriver View Post
km

Also one problem i am concerned is that post starting the car all the indicator lights go off immediately apart from OIL indicator which is lit for about 1-2 sec more. I have checked the Oil level and it is between Min and Max. Are other Duster Owners facing the same issue or is there potential problem with my vehicle. Thanks in Advance.
I have noticed that it does take 2-3 seconds for this light to go off *after* engine starts when you are doing a cold start. However it does go off immediately once you are warmed up. In fact it goes off earlier than the other lights when warmed up. I wouldnt worry about it too much as long as it does go off.
suchit23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 06:45   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
can anybody provide me the rates for under body rust protection paint in 3M?
Hi,

I got mine treated at 3M on Kodambakkam high road. I costs 3795 for the 5 year version and i guess 3400 for the 3 year version. The vehicle gets treated like royalty and personally i wouldnt set foot in khivraj if i had the choice, anyways no holding breath there.

Cheers!
Old 28th November 2012, 09:45   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
I have noticed that it does take 2-3 seconds for this light to go off *after* engine starts when you are doing a cold start. However it does go off immediately once you are warmed up. In fact it goes off earlier than the other lights when warmed up. I wouldnt worry about it too much as long as it does go off.
Ditto observation at my end. I happened to stop at Service center and speak to the service manager about it. He said as long as it does not come on during the drive, you can live with it. So i am not bothered about it much.
Old 28th November 2012, 12:03   #1535
BHPian

One funny incident happened today. Road appreciations/enquires continue for my Dusty. So, today one middle aged man in a Versa comes alarmingly close to my left window and rolls down his window. First thing he asks Mileagu? (For people outside Karnataka, adding a u to english words is Kannadiga accent). I say 13, he nods his head with a smile. Then he asks "On Roadu?". I say 13 again! This time around he is not very pleased, shakes his head and accelerates! I decided not to chase him and tell him that I still think its worth its salt
suchit23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 12:21   #1536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
(For people outside Karnataka, adding a u to english words is Kannadiga accent).
That's a lovely piece of information. I will try such words next time I am in Bangalore.

In a lighter vein, a 13L rupees car giving only 13 kmpl is nothing to cheer about, I agree with him.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 12:41   #1537
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye

That's a lovely piece of information. I will try such words next time I am in Bangalore.

In a lighter vein, a 13L rupees car giving only 13 kmpl is nothing to cheer about, I agree with him.
How about a Crore rupee vehicle giving 5 Kmpl?
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 13:59   #1538
BHPian

Folks,

I shall be getting my Duster 85 RXL(O) on Friday or Sat hopefully.
I asked about High Security Number plates with Dealer and I was told that it will cost you 1300 Rs approx.

Question - Where can I get the High Security IND plates made in Bangalore. How much is the cost for the same?

Thanks,
Old 28th November 2012, 14:03   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Folks,

I asked about High Security Number plates with Dealer and I was told that it will cost you 1300 Rs approx.

Question - Where can I get the High Security IND plates made in Bangalore. How much is the cost for the same?

Thanks,
Congratulations!!
Please do post photographs during the weekend. Could you also share some details of when you had booked it, cost break-up, insurance, etc.
Old 28th November 2012, 14:18   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Congratulations!!
Please do post photographs during the weekend. Could you also share some details of when you had booked it, cost break-up, insurance, etc.
Thanks.

I booked the Car in September, got earlier because of a cancellation. Cost is approx same as rest of the world. I spoke to the salesperson tending me, on insurance cost.

She said that, she ll give back a cheque of remaining amount. Let us see if this works.
Old 28th November 2012, 14:34   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

Thanks,
Congrats! Don't forget to carry the Team BHP PDI checklist with you. Infact Suchit23 has modified it and posted it on this thread earlier.

Reg no. plates, I got the same done in Thane for 700 bucks for the pair. Just giving you and indicative pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Hi Fellow Duster Owners,

Planning to upgrade ICE and add seat covers. Can anyone suggest a good car decor guy in Thane (Preferably GB road).
Hi Guys, any leads on options that I can look for regarding Car seat up gradation in Thane?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th November 2012 at 14:48. Reason: Please use the EDIT / MULTI QUOTE function within 30 minutes to avoid posting consecutively. Thanks! :)
Old 28th November 2012, 14:47   #1542
BANNED

Quote:
Folks,

Thanks,
Are you talking about IND plates with embossed characters with IND written in letters. Then it will cost you for 1K or less at J.C. Road. If interested then let me know, I'll help you. For my Logan I paid Rs. 900 to the dealer. He told that there is a manufacturer in Whitefield somewhere.
Old 28th November 2012, 16:05   #1543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The rattling problem has been reported on the forum, which almost most guys have got it fixed during their first service. (This is as per what I read)

Looks like this is a known problem to Renault.
I also have rattling problem in my vehicle, appears that the doors are misaligned. With this post i am relieved that i am not alone facing this issue.

I am fearing that there may be problem in suspension as there is some sound as i reverse the car/ hard brake and appears to come from rear wheels. Any forum members facing same problem?

Apart from these issues the car is outstanding i have driven it in rough terrain and the performance was super. Very satisfied with this purchase.
Old 28th November 2012, 16:07   #1544
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Are you talking about IND plates with embossed characters with IND written in letters. Then it will cost you for 1K or less at J.C. Road. If interested then let me know, I'll help you. For my Logan I paid Rs. 900 to the dealer. He told that there is a manufacturer in Whitefield somewhere.
These IND Plates indeed cost about 900 Rs for a pair, Front and Rear. They are NOT High Security Number Plates though. They are just plain regular plates but are much better looking and feel better in quality, detail and aesthetics than the regular ones.

Nowadays one is able to get them with a small vertical strip of Blue or Green or even Orange along the left side, within which strip, the IND is printed along with some stars and stuff. This is copied from the EU Number plate concept. I have seen very many cars wearing this finery over the last one or two years in particular.

The Indian Motor Vehicles Act is very clear about the specifications and size of the letters and numbers as well as the actual size of the plate itself.

I am not sure about whether these little coloured vertical strips down one side are legal or not in India - if one goes strictly by the letter of the law, they may not be legal at all.

However there is no denying that they look good and provided the other size specifications of the plate and lettering and numbering are as per the law, then these coloured strips merely enhance the 'cosmetic appeal' of the whole number plate itself.
Old 28th November 2012, 17:09   #1545

A big ‘HI’ to all my fellow Team-BHPians.

Thanks to Team-BHP support team for approving my registration.

I have been following the threads in this forum for quite a while now, and especially this one since I have been a keen follower of Duster.

Thanks to GTO for the comprehensive Duster review. Thanks for the excellent and useful information from DRIVEN-TWEEL, Neil Roy, suchit23, H.S.R and shanker.balan.

I booked RXL - 85 PS, Black color, from Renault Whitefield, Bangalore in the month of October. I have been in a dilemma since then as my model has roof rails, scuff plate, OVRMs, Door Handles and Side cladding below doors in black color. Preferred all these in chrome satin, since I was apprehensive on a whole black attire (I think only RXZ has these in chrome satin, and all 85 PS doesn’t abide to this). Checked with the dealer and got information that parts except scuff plate and the plate below bumper (these are accessories in 85 PS and no RXZ model for 85 PS. Renault’s double standards!) can be painted.
Here is the price quote-
Painting roof rails, Door Handles, Side cladding below doors – Rs.9500/-
Scuff Plate and plate below bumper – 10K
Not so awe-inspiring deal. Anybody has got this done?
Ram190877 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks