Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 23:02   #3031
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
To me it looks like a lose connection some where. You should check that aspect.
Yup. The service center is an hours drive for me. So next time I am driving that way, I'll plan and drop it for a check.

To me it looks like some contact inside the steering column that would have come loose. It needs to be checked or else it might fail another day.

Last edited by HillMan : 17th September 2013 at 23:03.
Old 18th September 2013, 00:25   #3032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Hi, Guys I am back from an 8500K trip to LEH in my Duster RXL(o)85bhp from Chennai the car behaved superbly without not even an hitch all the way.

I had upgraded my headlights to 100/90 Philips Rally using an cutout and also the horn to Hella red grill, installed an DLR from Philips and an center universal driver armrest console.
Wow. Chennai to Ladakh on Duster 85! Would be great to see a short travelogue of yours, expecially around how the duster behaved.

How did you install the universal armrest? I installed one by putting screws on central console. (no other option ). However, it gives a very plush look and adds a lot to the comfort on highway runs.
Old 18th September 2013, 06:46   #3033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
How did you install the universal armrest? I installed one by putting screws on central console. (no other option ). However, it gives a very plush look and adds a lot to the comfort on highway runs.
Saw the picture of your armrest in Imperial thread. The seat has come out good.

The armrest looks pretty comfy. Does it hinder with the bottle holder?
You said it is screwed to the center console, is it sturdy?
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 07:26   #3034
BHPian

Friends, the odometer was 3880 when i started from Chennai and I was aware i will meet the 10K mark at Amritsar while returning so booked for service there but due to time constraint I could not do the service at Amritsar so while back in Chennai the odo was at 12800 and the service guys at Chennai Renault where grateful to do the 2nd service without any issues about the odo exceeding the 10K.

All the oils replaced, the air filter and Ac filters where cleaned, water washed ( i did the exterior washing outside once from LEH) interiors where cleaned plus the wheel rotation and alignment was done as part of the 10K service they took 2 days for the job and it cost 4.5K plus tax.

The door rattling remains still but the car behaves good i was unable to calculate the mileage as i filled 65ltrs every time ( yes it takes nearly 66lts to be exact) which is beyond the official limit of 45lts due to our long journey, and this resulted in the car miscalculating the mileage.

I did an maximum 145kmph at certain places without any issues en route the car was planted all along and the best part of the vehicle is its suspension & GC which never let us down even in lunar craters.

I had one puncture at rear no other issues with cold engine start or with altitude or lack of oxygen these where never an issue with the engine and i never took any special precaution.

IMO 85 or 110 does not make any real difference both in plains & hilly terrain as i found it first hand both in high ways and hills when i was driving the steep inclines in 1st gear a local driver was able to do it in 2nd gear in my Duster without much strain to the engine and also with ease so lot depends in the experience & driving skill than, the output of the engine.

I fitted the universal arm rest in the same way the diagram told using 4 screws 2 to each side its very useful and practical but u need to find a correct angle so that it does not affect both the hand brake and rear bottle when its placed in its holder.

I love to write an travelogue but due to time constraint I think I may not do justice to it so now I have left the idea.
sathyaprakash is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 08:10   #3035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Saw the picture of your armrest in Imperial thread. The seat has come out good.

The armrest looks pretty comfy. Does it hinder with the bottle holder?
You said it is screwed to the center console, is it sturdy?
Thank you Hillman, for your tips and advise about Imperial.

Like Sathya said, you have to find the right angle for the handrest to be fitted. It should only be done with the seats removed. It does not hinder the bottle holder and handbrake now. It is sturdy with 4 screws, each 0.25 inches deep. I will share more pics.

p.s. You can find the universal arm rest in Beige as well.
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 10:39   #3036
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

The Duster back home in Jaipur went for the 20,000 km service yesterday. Parts changed:

Two kinds of Air filters
One Diesel Filter
One Lube Oil filter
One Wind Screen Washer cap Seal
Engine Oil

Total Cost INR 4,850/- as labor was free.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 13:55   #3037
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Hillman, for your tips and advise about Imperial.

Like Sathya said, you have to find the right angle for the handrest to be fitted. It should only be done with the seats removed. It does not hinder the bottle holder and handbrake now. It is sturdy with 4 screws, each 0.25 inches deep. I will share more pics.

p.s. You can find the universal arm rest in Beige as well.
Keenly looking forward to seeing the pictures of the arm rest, particularly the screws/nuts and positioning. Can you please share (1) sourcing of arm rest (ebay?) and (2) place where you got it fixed? Thanks n cheers
Old 18th September 2013, 14:39   #3038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Keenly looking forward to seeing the pictures of the arm rest, particularly the screws/nuts and positioning. Can you please share (1) sourcing of arm rest (ebay?) and (2) place where you got it fixed? Thanks n cheers
Hi Waxeloquent

Here is a pic from the other thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3240402

Sourced it from ebay.in, just search for universal arm rest and you will find many listings. Another BHPian friend Hillman bought it for about 900 bucks today. It was fixed by my car seat cover vendor while the seats were removed. Don't think it can be installed with seats in the place. Fixing however is just a 10 mins job, using 4 x 0.25 inch screws with washers.

I will try and share more pics whenever I get a breather from work.
pahwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 14:50   #3039
BHPian

Quote:

I love to write an travelogue but due to time constraint I think I may not do justice to it so now I have left the idea.
Thank you Sathyaprakash for sharing your LEH trip. I am sure you had a great time with Duster. Last week I had been to Ooty, hair-pin bends were breeze to pass!!! I loved the behavior of Duster during my hill-driving. I had driven so many vehicles (rental/own) in hill but I never felt the Duster comfort in any other vehicle.
Old 18th September 2013, 17:05   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Waxeloquent

Here is a pic from the other thread -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3240402

Sourced it from ebay.in, just search for universal arm rest and you will find many listings. Another BHPian friend Hillman bought it for about 900 bucks today. It was fixed by my car seat cover vendor while the seats were removed. Don't think it can be installed with seats in the place. Fixing however is just a 10 mins job, using 4 x 0.25 inch screws with washers.

I will try and share more pics whenever I get a breather from work.
Cool no problem; I looked at the seat covers also, they look neat too Is it real leather and what was the cost if you don't mind. Btw this arm rest will work for 110 RxZ also which has the rear AC unit? Thanks and cheers

Quote:
Friends, the odometer was 3880 when i started from Chennai and I was aware i will meet the 10K mark at Amritsar while returning so booked for service there but due to time constraint I could not do the service at Amritsar so while back in Chennai the odo was at 12800 and the service guys at Chennai Renault where grateful to do the 2nd service without any issues about the odo exceeding the 10K.
Amazing performance, both the driver and the driven A quick question; you have the original jack or bought an after market one? I have been trying to get a hydraulic bottle jack but with no luck so far :(

cheers

Last edited by bblost : 18th September 2013 at 17:10. Reason: back 2 back.
Old 18th September 2013, 17:28   #3041
BHPian

Quote:
Cool no problem; I looked at the seat covers also, they look neat too Is it real leather and what was the cost if you don't mind. Btw this arm rest will work for 110 RxZ also which has the rear AC unit? Thanks and cheers
I got the seat covers done at Imperial Leathers, Bangalore. You may check T-BHP directory for more info on that. Its PU leather with 2 years warranty. The cost was 10k, including real leather grip for steering and handbrake.

Just saw a pic of RHZ AC console and I doubt if you can use this arm rest, without sacrificing the handbrake. Please PM me if you want to see the armrest in person. I hope we can catch up sometime somewhere for a mini T-BHP meet!
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 17:30   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
I looked at the seat covers also, they look neat too Is it real leather and what was the cost if you don't mind. Btw this arm rest will work for 110 RxZ also which has the rear AC unit? Thanks and cheers

I have been trying to get a hydraulic bottle jack but with no luck so far :(
Check this post for my cost. Page 1 has pictures. This is Luster Leather, good quality PU with thick padding. Look and feels like real leather.
@Pahwa can help with the latest cost, if any change.

I doubt the armrest will fit in without inconveniencing handbrake because of the tower AC.

Instead of hydraulic jack, I'd instead prefer to keep an air compressor along with tubeless puncture repair kit. Most of the time you can pump in some air and continue your journey, repair puncture at leisure. The stock jack is good for rare occasions.

Last edited by HillMan : 18th September 2013 at 17:31.
HillMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 20:50   #3043
BHPian

Quote:

The door rattling remains still but the car behaves good i was unable to calculate the mileage as i filled 65ltrs every time ( yes it takes nearly 66lts to be exact) which is beyond the official limit of 45lts due to our long journey, and this resulted in the car miscalculating the mileage.
Sathyaprakash, thanks for all the information, but I guess the car does calculate the mileage properly even if you fill it up to the brim. During my recent trip to Mumbai, I did a full tank couple of times and yes it does goof up in DTE meter, but fuel burnt was calculated properly and the mileage was coming out fine for me, though my bad that I couldn't compare it with brim to brim, but I guess the fuel efficiency was calculated properly. I'll keep a note if this in my next long drive.

And also if you can please let me know how did you get the bulbs changed to 100/90, which bulb were those and what all was done to fix those would be really helpful, as I'm yet to find person in Bangalore who is aware of it and has done it in past for either duster or similar cats with twin headlights. I'm kind of getting envy of Chennai now because of this reason as will as because of Gokul, who has fitted Hella Rallye 3003 in two dusters of fellow bhpians add I'm not able to find a person who can do this in my duster.
Old 19th September 2013, 08:33   #3044
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Is that you in there ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hd-2013-a.html

If yes, we already have the travelogue!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 19:21   #3045
BHPian

Good catch #ampere
The travelogue is coming out pretty interesting with lots of pictures. Waiting for the next installment. #motomaverick is doing a good job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks