Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2013, 07:10   #2971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
If the gear ratio of overdrive is similar for example IIRC 1: 0.71 it does not matter if number is 5th or 6th.
On the 85ps 5th gear at 2k rpm churns around 85kmph. So there is a difference in ratios of 110ps. Specially for highway mannerism. At speeds above 60kmph the 5th gear has enough punch for a quick pickup. So maintaining a constant speed is very easy and no stress.

The 6th gear on 110ps has similar behavior in the 80 to 120 range. It also has a better mileage at these speeds which is a big plus for long drives.

On highway it does not give a spongy accelerator feel and response is instant. That helps with overtaking and coming back to your intended speed quickly after a slowdown on speed humps. This I can say for 85ps, the 110 performs better on highway.

Last edited by HillMan : 3rd September 2013 at 07:15.
Old 3rd September 2013, 17:11   #2972

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Just had a trip from Bangalore-Kottayam.
To: Bangalore-Coimbatore-Salem-Palakkad-Trissur-Angamaly-Kottayam (Via infamous muddy NH47 b/w Palakkad-Trissur with full of large craters . I could easily neglect small/medium pot holes where sedans were struggling to sail through )
Back: Kottayam-Kumily-Cumbum-Theni-Dindigul-Salem-Bangalore (An absolute pleasure to drive in a vehicle like Duster)
Duster Rxl 85 PS. Drove for continuous 6.5 hours without a break, and absolutely no fatigue. Kids too find it easy as they could sleep without body roll.
I was really happy to see an average mileage of 22.7
Ram190877 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:14   #2973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram190877 View Post
Just had a trip from Bangalore-Kottayam.
To: Bangalore-Coimbatore-Salem-Palakkad-Trissur-Angamaly-Kottayam (Via infamous muddy NH47 b/w Palakkad-Trissur with full of large craters . I could easily neglect small/medium pot holes where sedans were struggling to sail through )
Back: Kottayam-Kumily-Cumbum-Theni-Dindigul-Salem-Bangalore (An absolute pleasure to drive in a vehicle like Duster)
Duster Rxl 85 PS. Drove for continuous 6.5 hours without a break, and absolutely no fatigue. Kids too find it easy as they could sleep without body roll.
Wow!! 22.7 kmpl on highway would put any sedan or hatchback to shame. What are the average & highest speed done by you?

Drive from Bangalore to Kerala and back on my Duster 85 PS is something on cards very soon.
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:06   #2974
BHPian

Quote:
Guess this drive was on a 110ps. Not expecting this on 85ps. Holding rpm around 2k gives good returns. Was this a tank full to tank full or the trip computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Drive from Bangalore to Kerala and back on my Duster 85 PS is something on cards very soon.
I too have a Kodagu trip coming up next week. I'll try to do a sedate drive while going and drive back my usual. Hoping to see some better mileage then the Ooty trip.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:34   #2975
BHPian

The water seepage in my year old Duster is not getting resolved,previously it was in the rear right and now its in the rear left.I have put the video in another thread.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3227373
Old 4th September 2013, 09:57   #2976

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Wow!! 22.7 kmpl on highway would put any sedan or hatchback to shame. What are the average & highest speed done by you?
I was consistent in the range of 80-100. Never went beyond 100 kmph/2500 RPM. All the very best for your drive. Please ensure to avoid Palakkad-Trissur stretch, and try to go via Palakkad-Shornur-Trissur instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Guess this drive was on a 110ps. Not expecting this on 85ps. Holding rpm around 2k gives good returns. Was this a tank full to tank full or the trip computer?
Mine is an 85 PS Rxl. I noted both. Tank full to tank full gave approximately 23, and what I quoted was from the trip meter. Trip meter initially showed 25, but was later consistent in the range of 22-23.7
Ram190877 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 16:09   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is an 85 PS Rxl. I noted both. Tank full to tank full gave approximately 23, and what I quoted was from the trip meter. Trip meter initially showed 25, but was later consistent in the range of 22-23.7
Wow! thats pretty neat FE you got out there. The trip computer seems to be pretty much near the actual figures.

Mines is RxL 85 too. Will see how much I can squeeze on highway next week.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 13:09   #2978
Senior - BHPian

Here's the current Duster's pricelist for Ahmedabad. Zilch discounts.

Upon inquiry they mentioned that the top of the line for both the 85 RXL and the 110 RXZ has to be bought only with Option Plus pack. Option Plus pack comes with Dual Front Airbags, ABS+EBD+BA, Driver seatbelt reminder, Media Navigation system, Alloy wheels and Reverse Parking sensors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Duster price list_Ahmedabad.pdf (393.7 KB, 533 views)
Old 5th September 2013, 19:53   #2979
BHPian

Any one who changed spare tyre using the jack, are you able to put back the jack as it was before?
I remembered that I had to unscrew the nut totally before I could remove the jack.
But now not able to put back the jack properly. If I tighten the nut, the bolt just slips out.
Can you also verify if the bolt has movement up and down?
And what is the function of the small hook that is part of the assembly? thanks all.
Old 5th September 2013, 20:23   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Any one who changed spare tyre using the jack, are you able to put back the jack as it was before?
I remembered that I had to unscrew the nut totally before I could remove the jack.
But now not able to put back the jack properly. If I tighten the nut, the bolt just slips out.
Can you also verify if the bolt has movement up and down?
And what is the function of the small hook that is part of the assembly? thanks all.
I tried placing/using the jack before I had to go on a long road trip. I unbolted the jack, raised the car, got the spare out...but did not change the tyre.
Putting the jack back was a task...and I was glad I had tried it before the trip. First thing was to orient the jack in the exact position, without doing so the screw does not fit. I don't remember the movement, but I think orienting the jack in the right way will help the screw go in easily.

I do not remember the small hook you are mentioning. There is one hook in the crank, which goes into the jack to crank it up...but I do no not think that is what you are talking about.

I would also suggest that every one should try unlocking the spare once for sure. Opening the rack and getting the spare out should be done and understood to get a good idea of the system.
Old 5th September 2013, 23:36   #2981
BHPian

I had done a similar rehearsal with my Duster's spare wheel and jack.
I must say, the spare wheel is quite heavy. You will have to get down low and do some heavy lifting/pulling.
I recommend, keeping an plastic sheet/large mat in the car. When you do have to get the spare out, place the plastic sheet/mat under the spare wheel.
That will ensure that the spare's tray does not crash onto the floor, and will help you get down on your knees and get the wheel out.
Note: My Duster's spare is a steel wheel

Last edited by sumeshmani : 5th September 2013 at 23:38.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 00:48   #2982

Multiple 2's.... 1st anniversary in next few days. I am pretty happy with the performance and the comfort. Its almost a year and it seems like just bought it few days ago. Absolutely no complaints at all with my RD....Uploading few pictures from Day 1 and the trips to Bhopal, Nainital, Agra.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_1277.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-dscn0043.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_0630.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_1568.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_4967.jpg  

jsing3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 02:49   #2983
BHPian

Amit - I have to go look up some links but the main reason is the 5 speed gearbox cannot handle the 240nm torque of the 110Bhp engine.
Old 7th September 2013, 09:16   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Amit - I have to go look up some links but the main reason is the 5 speed gearbox cannot handle the 240nm torque of the 110Bhp engine.
If you can find some reference it will be a good information.

There are tuning boxes out there that can push 85ps engine to 110ps. Very tempting indeed.

The tuners claim the engine and components are capable but engine is de-tuned for general use.
Old 7th September 2013, 11:26   #2985
Team-BHP Support

Please check the effect of the tuning boxes on torque at lower rpm for the 85 bhp. Because you may want to see this aspect before deciding of adding the box. I would for example not sacrifice the city drivability of 85 for power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks