Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2013, 10:57   #3121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Duster Anniversary Edition launched

Somehow, I didnt like the sticker job. The color should be made a standard color.
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 11:12   #3122
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
A friend of mine has recently bought a petrol Duster in Bangalore. He is very happy with the vehicle since his driving is just 10 kms a day. The engine feels very silent, powerful and smooth. I will be able to share a detailed review about mileage etc in 1-2 weeks since he has hardly driven the vehicle till now.

@pahwa, thanks, I will await your response. Did your friend test drive it ? before buying ? Because the dealer told me that customers simple bought the car without test driving it; What a bunch of BS.
Old 18th October 2013, 12:36   #3123
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster Anniversary Edition launched

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 18th October 2013 at 14:28.
Akshay.Hemmady is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th October 2013, 14:51   #3124
BHPian

So is the 60K discount only on the anniversary edition? And if so, is the edition only available in blue?

How I wish the Duster was available in that green/olive colour of the recent facelifted Dacia Duster! Would look pretty good then - current colours are boring, even the unusual brown and red ones.
Old 18th October 2013, 15:07   #3125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartik Kumar View Post
How I wish the Duster was available in that green/olive colour of the recent facelifted Dacia Duster! Would look pretty good then - current colours are boring, even the unusual brown and red ones.
When I was in service centre last week, SS guy did mention about the blue and green colour. Govt didn't approve green as it was only allowed for military vehicles.
Old 18th October 2013, 17:41   #3126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranvakati View Post
When I was in service centre last week, SS guy did mention about the blue and green colour. Govt didn't approve green as it was only allowed for military vehicles.
Oh, that's too bad. Its a superb colour that suits the Dacia Duster looks and I think would have suited the Renault Duster looks as well. Also it does not look anything like the military olive green but darker.
Old 18th October 2013, 18:16   #3127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Somehow, I didnt like the sticker job.
Hi most probably those stickers will be optional. Because i saw two blue duster at the dealership. Both of them didn't had those side sticker.
Old 19th October 2013, 23:44   #3128
BHPian

Ok, this is out of the blue, but today I had an extensive test drive (12-13 kms) of the Duster RxZ 110ps. I got to say I found it very lazy and lethargic. The first and second gear really dont have any real pep in them. Things start getting better from the 3rd and 4th gear and the engine feels like it is opening up in higher gears, but I feel it lacks punch. It is a great highway vehicle, but it so struggles in the city. At no point of time did I feel that I am driving a 110 ps vehicle. I was kinda dissapointed

When I drove back in my Beat D after that, I so loved the pep and enjoyed the drive. Maybe SUVs are not my cup of tea.
Old 20th October 2013, 01:23   #3129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
At no point of time did I feel that I am driving a 110 ps vehicle. I was kinda dissapointed
You TDed the wrong car for city. The 85ps is what you need. It has the punch below 2000rpm and negligible turbo lag. It responds to accelerator feedback like a natural.

110ps needs adjustment to driving style for city.

Last edited by HillMan : 20th October 2013 at 01:25.
Old 21st October 2013, 14:31   #3130
BHPian

Does the 110 PS RxL version have ABS and twin airbags? According to the Renault India web-site it does but according to the sales folks at the dealership it doesn't! So what is right?
Old 21st October 2013, 14:43   #3131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the 110 PS RxL version have ABS and twin airbags? According to the Renault India web-site it does but according to the sales folks at the dealership it doesn't! So what is right?
110 RXL has ABS but no airbags.
Old 21st October 2013, 15:03   #3132
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
110 RXL has ABS but no airbags.
Renault has upgraded the 110 RXL variant and now, it does come with with dual-airbags. This has been done over the past couple of months, because when I went to TD the Duster in August, the RXL 110 (with ABS and NO Airbags) was priced a bit lower than the 85 RXL (O), but now, the RXL 110 is priced a bit higher and comes with dual-Airbags.

85 RXL (O) is 10.96L ex-showroom, Delhi
110 RXL with dual airbags is 11.05L ex-showroon, Delhi
110 RXL (No Airbags) is around 10.94 ex-showroom, Delhi

I don't have the price list right now, but if you want, I'll upload it in the evening.
Abh1nav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 15:57   #3133
BHPian

So what does the 110 RxZ get over the 110 RxL? The only thing of consequence I can think of is alloy wheels.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:30   #3134
BHPian

Quote:
So what does the 110 RxZ get over the 110 RxL? The only thing of consequence I can think of is alloy wheels.
The RXZ variant gets some minor upgrades over the RXL, apart from the allow wheels, like silver ORVMs, Silver Roof Rails, Silver door handles, etc. Also, the seat fabric design is a bit different in RXZ.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:35   #3135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
The RXZ variant gets some minor upgrades over the RXL, apart from the allow wheels, like silver ORVMs, Silver Roof Rails, Silver door handles, etc. Also, the seat fabric design is a bit different in RXZ.
I'm wondering how much the alloys would cost even if the same were to be bought from Renault. There is a 60K difference in price and alloys would come to perhaps 40K out of that.

Does anybody have the options/accessories price list?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks