Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:14   #4621
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
It Controls all the 4 Power Windows. As per information from Dealer it is an approved accessory and they do not cut any wires but uses approved connectors to connect to the existing wiring.
Hi, Could you post some pics of this UP module- quite a useful thing to have !
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:30   #4622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Hi, Could you post some pics of this UP module- quite a useful thing to have !
Up module is a small box shaped module which rolls up all power windows windows of the car once it is locked using the remote. Remember that the up modules will be different for cars with just 2 or all 4 power windows. Cost was about 2K (for the 4 power window version) when I got it installed in my Zen about 2 years back.
The only drawback I feel after installation is that you cannot park your car with widows slightly open (like in sun) as the up module will make sure that all windows are rolled up completely once you lock your car. Also, manually locking car from inside triggers the up module.

Here is a pic from internet:
Renault Duster : Official Review-m58xlnxgq56shvzyvi594bw.jpg
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 17:56   #4623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Also, manually locking car from inside triggers the up module.
Does that mean the speed sensing lock will also trigger the up module?
Old 23rd December 2014, 18:17   #4624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
Does that mean the speed sensing lock will also trigger the up module?
No. Only when you manually lock the driver's door from inside.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 18:57   #4625
BHPian

I had inquired about the window up module with Trident JP Nagar a few weeks back, but then they told me that they were in discussions with the vendor and they were not sure how it would perform etc, and assured me that they would call me once they get some clarity. Overall he did not sound very much interested. Anyone got it done here?
Old 23rd December 2014, 19:29   #4626
BHPian

I am using an up module on my Chevy Spark. The windows go up only when the doors are locked using remote. Manual locking or auto lock of door on ignition does not trigger the power windows. Also the window up-module came with a feature that lets you hold the window up switch for a moment and leave it, the glass goes up all the way.
The installation was not plug and play, the guys tested and snipped wires to make the connections.

How is the behavior on the up-module accessory for Duster?

Last edited by HillMan : 23rd December 2014 at 19:30.
Old 23rd December 2014, 23:39   #4627
BHPian

I had my first service today and it was free although the advisor tried to play a sales guy and sell me a few things but that is kind of becoming a trend with all the companies these days. I did see a couple of guys pay Rs 800+ for the first service.
I got a chance to click a few pictures of the changes in RXL(o). Most of the changes have been shared in earlier posts. Engine bay looked a bit different to me:-
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20141223_142415.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20141223_142411.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20141223_142433.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-img_20141223_142427.jpg  

SinghP09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 10:57   #4628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Also the window up-module came with a feature that lets you hold the window up switch for a moment and leave it, the glass goes up all the way.
The installation was not plug and play, the guys tested and snipped wires to make the connections.
Yes, the installation was not exactly plug and play for me too. However, not that complicated either. But can you please elaborate that how holding the switch for a while auto-rolls up the windows, esp. when the actual intention might be to roll up the windows partially?

Regards.
Old 24th December 2014, 12:36   #4629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But can you please elaborate that how holding the switch for a while auto-rolls up the windows, esp. when the actual intention might be to roll up the windows partially?
Regards.
Press the switch down once when the glass reaches the position where you want it to be. This is how it functions in my Scorpio.
Old 24th December 2014, 12:54   #4630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Press the switch down once when the glass reaches the position where you want it to be. This is how it functions in my Scorpio.
Umm...still not clear to me. What if I intentionally needed to lower the window a little more (not completely down).

In contrast, I have seen cars which need a little more firm push down/ pull up for the auto roll function to get activated.

Thanks.
Old 24th December 2014, 14:07   #4631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Umm...still not clear to me. What if I intentionally needed to lower the window a little more (not completely down).

In contrast, I have seen cars which need a little more firm push down/ pull up for the auto roll function to get activated.

Thanks.
It works, try pressing couple of times gently to get to the desired level up or down.
Old 24th December 2014, 14:12   #4632
Senior - BHPian

How does heating work in Duster (base model)? I can't use heater whatever position my knob is placed.
Old 24th December 2014, 15:53   #4633
BHPian

Quote:
However, not that complicated either. But can you please elaborate that how holding the switch for a while auto-rolls up the windows, esp. when the actual intention might be to roll up the windows partially?
This behavior on my Spark started after the window up module installation. However this was not a feature advertised on the box or the accessory shop.

The window starts rolling up on pulling up the button for 2 second and leave it. But on pressing the button down (roll down) window will immediately stop the glass at the partial position where ever it has reached. Short burst of button press does not activate the continuous rolling up. Window rolls to what ever position you need.

Pretty nice feature came as a bonus I must say

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
How does heating work in Duster (base model)? I can't use heater whatever position my knob is placed.
Turn off the A/C and turn the know to Red dots. The heating happens from engine heat so you might want to wait a moment to feel the effect after starting the engine.
Usually the coolant circulation pipe is channeled for the air duct that pick up hot air. There are no heating elements. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by HillMan : 24th December 2014 at 16:02.
Old 25th December 2014, 12:24   #4634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Turn off the A/C and turn the know to Red dots. The heating happens from engine heat so you might want to wait a moment to feel the effect after starting the engine.
Usually the coolant circulation pipe is channeled for the air duct that pick up hot air. There are no heating elements. Please correct me if I am wrong.
This is exactly what I do in my Swift and it works fine. Sometimes I turn on the AC in case of fogging from inside. However, it is not working on Duster and trying it multiple times with or without Ac has given me cold.
Old 26th December 2014, 12:13   #4635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
However, it is not working on Duster and trying it multiple times with or without Ac has given me cold.
May be the flaps are not moving right to pull in air from heating vent. Please have it checked. There have been known instances of knobs not functioning properly. The service center will replace the console in such cases under warranty.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks