Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 10:27   #4486
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
First of all... Sorry for yr misfortune !!!!
But did you not have those front and rear crash guard railings installed that we see so commonly on SUVs ? If you did ... Then it says very poorly about their usefulness !!!
What usefulness? If that Duster had a front and rear crash guard the owner would have been looking at a new body shell due to chasis damage. The last thing you want is a crash/bull guard.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 11:23   #4487
BANNED

@Driverrace has given steps to check Remaining Fuel in Duster but the new AWD Model has new Instrument cluster which is different from the one shown in following link :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3531103

So, can anyone help me with the steps required to be followed on new AWD Model.
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:48   #4488

The door rattling in my vehicle does not seem to go away. Each visit to the service center brings peace for 2 months, and the problem reappears !

I have already had the door strikers changed. They have also changed the rubber beading once.

The only solution they seem to have is a heavy hammer, and few blows to the striker.

Anyone managed to get this fixed once for all ?
Old 2nd November 2014, 13:20   #4489
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG10 View Post
The door rattling in my vehicle does not seem to go away. Each visit to the service center brings peace for 2 months, and the problem reappears!
Floating in the same boat! And the tires are being chewed up unevenly too which no one seems to relate to over here.
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:36   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG10 View Post
The door rattling in my vehicle does not seem to go away. Each visit to the service center brings peace for 2 months, and the problem reappears !

I have already had the door strikers changed. They have also changed the rubber beading once.

The only solution they seem to have is a heavy hammer, and few blows to the striker.

Anyone managed to get this fixed once for all ?
Mine was the first Duster to come out of the showroom in Kolkata after launch and its still niggle free. i managed to solve all problems with a few rubber plugs. If you have done so, I would suggest you visit some local mech who deals with door locks and seat fittings. Going to the service station to fix door noise is a waste of time. Its just door noise and not rocket science. I am sure you will be able to solve this too. Good luck.
Old 3rd November 2014, 14:42   #4491
BHPian

My Duster has run 17K+ KM. No door rattles yet.
I do hear a small squeaking sound from driver side A-pillar (i think). I have not been able to pin point the cause.
This started very recently. Need to check in detail this week.

Occasionally I hear small squeaks due to vibration of air-con vent. Not sure how this can be fixed.

Mostly I am very happy as these occasional sounds are not major irritant.

One issue that i need to sort out soon (nothing to do with rattles/sounds) is the driver seat rail. Its so loose now that, i can feel the seat shift a little when going through curves (hair pin bends especially)
Old 3rd November 2014, 15:30   #4492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Picture taken immediately after the accident. I missed taking the the pic of rear
In terms of damage it is nothing unusual in collision generally the plastic bumper breaks and hood folds
however the problem seems to be that cosmetic parts such as bumper plastic skin , front grill etc are outrageously priced.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:05   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
My Duster has run 17K+ KM. No door rattles yet.
I do hear a small squeaking sound from driver side A-pillar (i think). I have not been able to pin point the cause.
This started very recently. Need to check in detail this week.

Occasionally I hear small squeaks due to vibration of air-con vent. Not sure how this can be fixed.

Mostly I am very happy as these occasional sounds are not major irritant.

One issue that i need to sort out soon (nothing to do with rattles/sounds) is the driver seat rail. Its so loose now that, i can feel the seat shift a little when going through curves (hair pin bends especially)
facing both these issues myself...
Old 4th November 2014, 22:25   #4494
BANNED

Friends,

AS I've posted earlier that I'm having issues while playing MP3 files from USB Drive.

After thorough search on net and also following advice from fellow members, could not find any solution.

Today I visited Trident Renault Service Centre to seek their help. They advised me to create folder on Pen Drive and move files to the respective folders.

I created five folders viz 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 and placed approx. 50 files in each of these folders.

I inserted PEN Drive into USB Slot of the MediaNav System, it was not showing all the folders. Media Nav was showing only 4 folders viz 2, 3, 4 and 5 and each folder was showing different number of MP3 files.

For example : Folder 2 was showing 18 instead of actual 49, folder 3 was showing 23 instead of 49, folder 4 was showing 10 instead of 49, folder 5 was showing 31 instead of 49.

This type of inconsistency I never found in any of my earlier system.

When I visited Service Centre earlier in the day, and checked with the Dusters having MediaNAV system, all the systems were having same issue.

Would like to know if others are having same issue so that we can raise this issue with Renault India and get the system either rectified or replaced with proper ones.
Old 4th November 2014, 22:54   #4495
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Would like to know if others are having same issue so that we can raise this issue with Renault India and get the system either rectified or replaced with proper ones.
Try one last thing... Make a folder named MUSIC (in all caps). Place all files in it. Check if the problem still persists.

Some players like the Sony Play Station will not identify files from external storage devices unless they are placed in folders named MUSIC, VIDEO, PHOTO.
Old 5th November 2014, 06:28   #4496
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Try one last thing... Make a folder named MUSIC (in all caps). Place all files in it. Check if the problem still persists.
@TGO

I've already tried this.

If I put files in MUSIC folder, it makes no difference. Te system displays only selected number of files.

I'll post photo today taken from my computer and then from system respectively for same USB Drive.
Old 5th November 2014, 07:59   #4497
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've already tried this.
No idea on the USB drive based music. But I have been using iPod for 2+ years on the Duster now. Works seamlessly. (In fact thats the other reason why I was a bit concerned, when Apple shut down the iPod Classic)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...-now-what.html

Last edited by ampere : 5th November 2014 at 08:01.
Old 5th November 2014, 09:11   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Friends,
AS I've posted earlier that I'm having issues while playing MP3 files from USB Drive.
Is it some thing to do with the formatting of the USB drive such as NTFS, FAT32, FAT16 or FAT12? Check your USB Drive's formatting type and if it is NFTS, try reformatting to FAT32 and then load MP3 Folder try again.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 09:44   #4499
Senior - BHPian

Am keenly interested in this discussion on USB!

I tried a few things, gave up & dedicated an iPod to the duster permanently. That works just fine. Only problem is that you have to remember to take it out when you give it for service - the dudes there whack anything that is not nailed down.

Just letting you know that there is a solution, albeit an expensive one. If you solve your issues, will switch too!
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 09:49   #4500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Just letting you know that there is a solution, albeit an expensive one. If you solve your issues, will switch too!
I still prefer the iPod. Simply because it arranges your music nicely, you can carry it and it also nicely integrates to the library. One stop solution. And last but not least, it nicely integrates with the car HU (most important).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks