Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 22:19   #5236
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Duster Engine is 1.5L (1.461 to be precise). Its way below 2L mark!
Thanks! That comes as a relief!
Old 16th December 2015, 15:08   #5237
BHPian

In continuation to my DIY sound proofing project, I got the EPDM rubber strips from eBay.com

More details can be found in : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3871250
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2015, 20:56   #5238
BHPian

Hi Folks

I just want to check if this noise issue is peculiar to my vehicle or anybody else has noticed it.
Mine is RXZ AWD 2015 with 8K on the odo.

Everytime I hit 90Kph a very mild but distinct whining sound (like whooooo) starts from somewhere above the ICE AC vent (or engine? - I could hear it in my left ear and the passenger could hear it from his right ear), The noise peaks at 95 Kph and drowns thereafter at 100Kph.

Though mild this is very annoying since this is my usual cruise speed on Chennai - bangalore highway. I have a feeling this is a "resonance" whine when air enters the cabin from outside through a some random gap at a certain speed (certain pressure).

What do you think? Has anybody heard it?
Old 20th December 2015, 09:28   #5239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Hi Folks

I just want to check if this noise issue is peculiar to my vehicle or anybody else has noticed it.

Everytime I hit 90Kph a very mild but distinct whining sound (like whooooo) starts from somewhere above the ICE AC vent (or engine? - I could hear it in my left ear and the passenger could hear it from his right ear), The noise peaks at 95 Kph and drowns thereafter at 100Kph.

Though mild this is very annoying since this is my usual cruise speed on Chennai - bangalore highway. I have a feeling this is a "resonance" whine when air enters the cabin from outside through a some random gap at a certain speed (certain pressure).

Are you sure it isn't the turbho whining? I have heard similar noise in my ciaz diesel when it crossed 2000rpm but post 2500 the engine growl take over. I guess it should be same for all turbo charged diesel ( probably VGTs) as I heard similar feedback from a friend who owns a fluence.
Old 20th December 2015, 11:41   #5240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_g_m View Post
Are you sure it isn't the turbho whining? I have heard similar noise in my ciaz diesel when it crossed 2000rpm but post 2500 the engine growl take over. I guess it should be same for all turbo charged diesel ( probably VGTs) as I heard similar feedback from a friend who owns a fluence.
I am afraid this is not what I hear.
Turbo whine is a factor of RPM which I can hear separately as "swwisshh". This noise is a factor of speed i.e ONLY at 90-100Kph peaking at 95. It sounds like a blunt "whoooo".
Old 20th December 2015, 12:00   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
Hi Folks

Yes ! same concern for me on my Duster RXZ AWD. I heard it a few times before my 20k service. But after 20k service, that sound wouldn't go ! I`m getting it checked tomorrow at Mysore road service center. Its bit annoying. At neutral, when i try to reproduce that sound, i cannot make it out. It all feels normal. This is only heard when driving at around 30-40 kmph 3 rd gear, 4th@ 40-45kmph and at 5th 80-90kmph. I suspect it will be a hell of task to convince ASC that this could be a problem as the noise is very subtle and has no impact on the car`s performance. It may also just indicate a malfunction for which Renault must provide a cause.
Old 20th December 2015, 20:10   #5242
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Duster gets Fashionable - Indian Express, 19th December 2015

Quote:
Collaborating with one of India’s most sought after fashion designers Manish Arora, Renault India unveiled the artistically designed Renault Duster at the Festive 2015-16 Fashion Show recently.
The designer car, which is inspired by the collection 'Indian', will not be on sale. It will remain in the company’s possession, and will probably be displayed at their manufacturing plant in Chennai. Apart from the new exterior colour, there are no changes to the car’s engine or the interiors.
Old 20th December 2015, 22:31   #5243
BHPian

That car looks awful! What's wrong with Renault! What's wrong with the designer! I doubt people would like to be seen in it even if it's given away free! I understand creative freedom but I think Renault is planning to sell this!
mh09ad5578 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 22:15   #5244

Hi guys. I needed a help at this point. Actually my wife persuing Mtech in automobile engineering and for her dessertation she is planning to model my car( which is duster infact) for improving its aerodynamics. Can anyone tell me how can I get her the dimensions of my car. Ok measuring is one thing but you know its not that practical and we have made few attempts which have been very unsatisfactory.I have tried mailing to renault, but they were unresponsive. Can anybody show me a way out.
Old 27th December 2015, 20:58   #5245
BHPian

Hi,
Did my duster 110ps dci 20k service which came around 6k. other than routine service all four doors striker plate was changed under warranty.free engine bay coating and alignment was availed with gang of dusters coupon.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-1.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster-2.jpg  

Renault Duster : Official Review-duster.jpg  

Esu Junior is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 13:21   #5246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan View Post
Hi guys. I needed a help at this point. Actually my wife persuing Mtech in automobile engineering and for her dessertation she is planning to model my car( which is duster infact) for improving its aerodynamics. Can anyone tell me how can I get her the dimensions of my car. Ok measuring is one thing but you know its not that practical and we have made few attempts which have been very unsatisfactory.I have tried mailing to renault, but they were unresponsive. Can anybody show me a way out.
Are you looking for external dimensions of the car.
I have those as images.
Will upload pics soon.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 14:40   #5247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Hi,
Did my duster 110ps dci 20k service which came around 6k. other than routine service all four doors striker plate was changed under warranty.free engine bay coating and alignment was availed with gang of dusters coupon.
A very good looking Duster you've got there Esu Junior. Would you mind sharing more pics & mentioning the modifications, if any.

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 15:20   #5248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Hi,
Did my duster 110ps dci 20k service which came around 6k.
One question - is it really needed to change the diesel filter at 20K service? Was it changed as a recommended procedure or because of unusual dirt?
Old 28th December 2015, 17:24   #5249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
One question - is it really needed to change the diesel filter at 20K service? Was it changed as a recommended procedure or because of unusual dirt?
I too have a query on diesel filter. Today took my 85ps for service and the SA told me that the 20k service module will be carried out even though I have done only 10900km.

As per the 20k service norms the diesel filter also will be changed along with other filters. The diesel filter costs Rs.1600/- and was wondering should I go for the change as my vehicle has clocked only 11k km.

Could the experts advise if the diesel filter too have a life span like the engine oil and need to be changed after 2 years as mine is 2013 Dec model.
Old 28th December 2015, 23:29   #5250

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Are you looking for external dimensions of the car.
I have those as images.
Will upload pics soon.
Thanks HSR for reply. Yes I wanted the external dimensions only to have its body modeled in a simulation software. We have been for sometime looking for them in the net with limited success.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks