Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2016, 19:44   #5386
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
7-seater Renault Duster spotted for the first time – EXCLUSIVE
As mentioned in the above post that duster may be offered in 5-seat and 7-seat versions. A set of speculative renderings from Auto Express show how the 7-seat Renault Grand Duster may look like based on an updated version of the B0/Logan platform. The 5-seat version will be introduced in 2017, and followed by the 7-seat version in 2018. The engine options of the 7-seat Dacia Duster in the UK will include a 124 bhp 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol unit and probably a 130 bhp 1.6-litre diesel unit which could replace the current 1.5-litre diesel unit. Like now, a four-wheel drive system will be optional.

Renault Duster : Official Review-157218.jpg

Renault Duster : Official Review-157219.jpg

Source: Indianautosblog

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th August 2016 at 12:25. Reason: Please refrain from hotlinking images from other sites. Use the forum's attachment system to upload them. Thanks!
singh.saab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 21:55   #5387
BHPian

Renault Duster : Official Review

Strange things happened with my Duster 110PS diesel RxZ this week. First, without me giving the vehicle for servicing, the time in the dash changed, my security lock key failed and recovered on its own and lastly the audio system reset itself with flashing radio code. All these happened when the bonnet was not even opened and the car parked secured parking lt. Do these indicate any large and interconnected issues with electrical system of the vehicle? Or these are just random incidents? Appreciate any ideas, suggestions, thanks n cheers

P.s. Is there any way to reset the audi, where and how to get the radio code?

Last edited by Waxeloquent : 10th July 2016 at 21:58.
Old 10th July 2016, 22:05   #5388
BHPian

Radio code would have been written on the manual first page or last page, you may check that
Old 11th July 2016, 05:15   #5389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Or these are just random incidents? Appreciate any ideas, suggestions, thanks n cheers

I think you have a rat problem. Random on./off Indicates a loose connection as the principal cause.
With no work on electricals, a rat is the most likely cause.

What is the radio code?
Old 11th July 2016, 06:38   #5390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
Check the driver side sun visor. They may have scribbled a 4 digit code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
What is the radio code?
Its a code, which resets the head unit.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 22:15   #5391
BHPian

Thanks to everyone who responded on radio code. I took the Duster to the SA. They figured it out by using the VIN in their database. Wish they had informed the buyers about the features how the radio code works etc. Also used the occasion to check on brake pads replacement? They confirmed what has been shared here, 35k seems to be the number. Cheers
Old 13th July 2016, 07:20   #5392
Team-BHP Support

Over the years I have been worried about my old classic iPod getting dead and with no high capacity cost effective player in the market; which is compatible with head unit. Especially one which can move through playlists and more importantly one which is controllable via the scroll wheel of the head unit. (I dont like the storing songs in a pen-drive approach.)

As a trial,

- I tried blue tooth streaming from phone.
- Have one of the good paid music player apps (JetAudio+).
- Created a playlist and loaded the same.
- Then once the phone is paired, the music app fires up if the app is open and running in background
- The song name shows up on the HU.
- I can play/pause the song via car control via scroll wheel can also move to previous/next ones on the play-list. So far so good.
- I dont think we can browse through multiple play lists on these apps though
- Most importantly : Audio quality seems to be OK but still cant match the direct iPod connection like quality.
- Will need to wait at least till Android Auto catches up to most vehicles
- That which will potentially enable a single wired interface for both voice and content (music/audio book etc) and that which will be seamlessly compatible with HUs
- Till then I guess we need to make do with some such ad-hoc options.

I have also used the audible audiobook app (android) through the same approach and it also seems to work fine with the element. (Load the book and then play/pause etc will work. Nothing beyond).

PS: All apps on Android 6

Last edited by ampere : 13th July 2016 at 07:22.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 12:52   #5393
BHPian

Facing a strange issue since last month. The trip meter is getting reset automatically when the car is started. It's happening randomly and so far occurred 3 times in 4 weeks. What could be the reason?
Old 29th July 2016, 22:18   #5394

Hello Folks

I have moved to Gurgaon recently and my Duster is due for servicing, completed 60,000kms. Which service centre in the city would you recommend?

Thank you.
Old 7th August 2016, 12:21   #5395
BHPian

Quote:
We test drove the Lodgy with 109 BHP (@ 4,000 rpm) and 245 Nm of torque (1,750 rpm). The 84 BHP diesel wasn't available at the media drive. It is identical to the Duster 85 PS which we have driven earlier. You can read our review of the 84 BHP engine at this link (Renault Duster : Official Review).

Fire her up and the first thing you notice is how quiet the engine is. On a cold start, there is still some clatter on the outside, but inside the cabin, it's all muted. The double beading on the doors does a good job and you'll be hard-pressed to tell that it's a diesel. Renault has put in hard work on the Lodgy's NVH and it shows. At highway speeds, the Lodgy is significantly more refined than the noisy Innova. Overall engine refinement is top class.

The Lodgy 109 BHP gets a 6-speed manual gearbox that makes for relaxed expressway cruising. 100 kph in 6th gear has the Lodgy lazily munching miles with a barely audible engine note. Even wind noise is controlled, and you can be forgiven for thinking you are in a higher segment car. This is a crucial benefit over the short-geared 5-speed Innova which is too noisy & too busy on the highway. The Lodgy is so silent that you can effortless have conversations at 100 km/h!
Quoting from the Team BHP official review of Renault 110 dCI Lodgy. One of my friend is considering the Renault 110 dCI Duster. He is considering only the manual variant and not the AMT. He is not interested in AWD as well. He will frequently do highway trips, at least a minimum of two trips to Madurai from Chennai every month. He is not a member of Team BHP. The Team BHP review is quite positive about the NVH of Lodgy. Could somebody advice how's the NVH of Duster 110 dCI? My friend's highway trips will involve three digit speeds and hence he is quite keen on a noiseless experience!!
Old 8th August 2016, 17:56   #5396

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdunkaroos View Post
Hello Folks

I have moved to Gurgaon recently and my Duster is due for servicing, completed 60,000kms. Which service centre in the city would you recommend?

Thank you.
IMO, You can take it to Renault Faridabad City near Bata Chowk. This is a new Service Station with ample of space. I stay in Gurgaon as well and have been getting my Duster serviced from them.
Old 19th August 2016, 10:18   #5397
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I am here for advise. I Have been looking for a 5 seat SUV over the last 2 months, test drove most of the cars in this area and shortlisted the Duster 85 PS RXZ and Ecosport Titanium plus (most buyers get confused between the two and I am no different ). Have a few questions..

Since many owners complain about the rusting issue, to what extent I should consider that factor as I have open parking (car will be exposed to mumbai rain)

How the steering feels in city maneuvering ? I felt like putting some effort for sharp u turns during my test drive (may be because I am coming from a Grad i10 and Hyundai is known for the light steering setup)

On paper the new ecosport Tdci has 99 BHP which seems more on power than the 85 PS Duster though I am not sure about the on road behavior. My driving would be 75% city and rest highway with quarterly road trips (Hopefully). Curious to know between the two cars which one will make more sense.

I test drove the Duster and was immensely satisfied with ride quality and suspension setup, interiors were laid down of course at this price band.

So on an aggregate basis will the existing Duster owners say RXZ trim is worth the extra 2 lacs over the top trim ecosport ( I am getting price quote of 13.81 lacs for RXZ and 11.55 lacs for Ecosport Tdci)

I will appreciate any other input/advise which I need to consider before coming to an end of my car hunting mission.

Note : I am in contact with Renault dealership in Thane, Genex Motors

Thanks in advance

Soumya

Note from Support: Not more than two smilies allowed per post.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th August 2016 at 12:44. Reason: Note inline
Old 19th August 2016, 12:56   #5398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
Curious to know between the two cars which one will make more sense.
Are you looking for just a 5 seat SUV or want to carry 5 people?

If you want to carry 5 people on board, Duster is the choice since Ecosport is at best suitable for 4 adults and a kid in terms of comfort.

Engine:

Both the TDCi and the K9K are excellent performers in terms of drivability and fuel efficiency, though the dCi loses out 15 horses, its drivability in city is excellent owing to zero turbo lag. So I'd say its equal w.r.t to the engine

Safety:

I believe the driver is the biggest safety feature a car can get. But in terms of passive safety, the Ecosport trumps the Duster with 6 Airbags and tougher build quality evident from the kerb weight, Duster despite being bigger weighs ~ 1100 kgs while the Ecosport tips the scale at ~ 1200 kgs despite smaller foot print. So its the Ecosport here.

Appeal:

While the Ecosport is futuristic and funky, the Duster is masculine and macho. Looks are subjective. Both cars have great appeal, but on the interior design its the Ecosport. Not to ignore the fact that the Duster is an old gal (7 year old design on a decade old platform)

Cost:

Obviously the Ecosport wins here with the margin being > 2 lacs and I'd rate Ford's service and reliability a notch higher than Renault's, not that Renaults are unreliable.

IMO the Ecosport is a better option than the Duster simply because of the depth of engineering it has and the lesser acquisition cost

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 19th August 2016 at 13:02.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 15:26   #5399
BHPian

I won't be carrying 5 people, there would be 2-4 people max for me to carry. So I believe ecosport wins here too ( at least in my case). However one area where Duster scores a lot higher is the ride quality. During my test drive,the ecosport felt a little harsh whereas Duster just swallowed all the potholes , bad surface and I could not feel anything inside the cabin. Many thanks for your advise.
Old 19th August 2016, 17:31   #5400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
However one area where Duster scores a lot higher is the ride quality. During my test drive,the ecosport felt a little harsh whereas Duster just swallowed all the potholes , bad surface and I could not feel anything inside the cabin. Many thanks for your advise.
If price is the only factor drifting you away from the Duster, I suggest you to wait for the festive season or year end. A discount of upto 60k is being offered here in Hyderabad, owing to low sales. I am assuming the case to be similar in other cities. Expect the discounts to touch 80k-1 Lakh by December-January 2017.

If you are lucky, Renault might slash the price on 85ps variants in a way similar to Lodgy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks